• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lnsemsf
    Awesome Member
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by robwglen View Post
    According to official disney website the Mark Twain will be down 11/6-11/16
    They must have added that in since I first looked. I'll edit it once I get to a computer.

Comment

• DarthBrett78
      Sith Lord Extraordinaire
      • Aug 2016

PotC is down for roughly 3 weeks, Feb 26 - Mar 18 at WDW, for the new auction scene refurb. Disneyland should be announcing their's soon.

Comment

• lnsemsf
        Awesome Member
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post
        PotC is down for roughly 3 weeks, Feb 26 - Mar 18 at WDW, for the new auction scene refurb. Disneyland should be announcing their's soon.
        I was wondering if the reason that the Jingle Cruise isn't returning this year is because PotC was going to be down right after the holidays and they didn't want an additional ride down. It's only my guess, we will find out soon enough.

Comment

• DarthBrett78
          Sith Lord Extraordinaire
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post

I was wondering if the reason that the Jingle Cruise isn't returning this year is because PotC was going to be down right after the holidays and they didn't want an additional ride down. It's only my guess, we will find out soon enough.
          I hadn't thought of that. Yeah, with HAM and IASW normally down in Jan and Feb respectively, it would have been way too much to have PotC and Jungle Cruise also down in that span. I assume Disneyland wants Pirates open in time for Spring Break, which falls during the last week of March/1st week of April this year.

Comment

• lnsemsf
            Awesome Member
            • Apr 2006

It looks like Racers is closed today and tomorrow. That one snuck up on me out of nowhere.

Comment

• lnsemsf
              Awesome Member
              • Apr 2006

Lots of closures starting in early January, not just the pier re-theme. Water rides will be down for their yearly closures, as well as a few others.

Comment

• UTKingsFan
                New MiceChatter
                • Sep 2012

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to remove the HM and IASW overlays after Christmas? Also, any ideas about how long the water rides usually stay down? We're visiting January 16-20 and knew to expect some closures but the list seems to get longer each day...

Comment

• Chris Jarrett
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Sep 2017

A happy and upbeat attraction with a world-brotherhood theme and a catchy tune that will roll around in your head

According to touringplans.com IASW holiday ends January 20th. So most likely Haunted Mansion would return on the 21st if true.

Comment

• DarthBrett78
                    Sith Lord Extraordinaire
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by UTKingsFan View Post
                    Can anyone tell me how long it takes to remove the HM and IASW overlays after Christmas? Also, any ideas about how long the water rides usually stay down? We're visiting January 16-20 and knew to expect some closures but the list seems to get longer each day...
                    Usually Haunted Mansion goes down the weekend after New Year's and is back up 2 weeks later. Then Jingle Cruise closes and after that IASW finally closes very early in February. However, with no Jingle Cruise this year, IASW will probably close the 3rd weekend of January and be back open by early February. Unfortunately your trip is right smack dab before THM will probably re-open (I think it will most likely close on the 8th and re-open the 22nd. The holiday IASW should be open still on your trip, though.

As for the water-based attractions such as Grizzly and Splash, they usually are closed 4-8 weeks so probably won't be open until very late Feb or mid-March.

Comment

• Spongeocto4
                      Paper Mario Fanatic

• Jul 2011

^I wouldn't be surprised if Splash went down for another 5 month refurb, after New Years. People kept complaining online over the broken effects in the ride.
                      "...but life without cake is no life at all"
                      -Lysithea von Ordelia, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Disneyland: 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2015, 2020, 2023
                      WDW: 2006
                      Universal Hollywood: 1998, 2007, 2023

Comment

• guynhawaii
                        New MiceChatter
                        • May 2016

Aloha,

Any confirmed dates yet for:
                        1. Closure of AMC Theater, RFC and ESPN?
                        2. Closure and expected re-opening of the Monorail station?

All related to the demolition work for the new DLR hotel.

Comment

• TheBirdsSingWords
                          ...and the Flowers Croon
                          • May 2013

Disneyland app says Splash is closed for refurbishment. Already?

Comment

• WaltDisney'sAlec
                            Happily Ridiculous
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by TheBirdsSingWords View Post
                            Disneyland app says Splash is closed for refurbishment. Already?
                            Yep. Not sure how long it's been in the main post, but that ride is in such disrepair it's incredible that they kept it going as long as they did. Hopefully the effects will be up and running soon.

Comment

• longbeachaztec
                              MiceChatter
                              • May 2016

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                              ^I wouldn't be surprised if Splash went down for another 5 month refurb, after New Years. People kept complaining online over the broken effects in the ride.
                              At some point I think Splash Mountain is going to need the "Matterhorn" treatment where the whole ride interior is basically rebuilt. It and Indiana Jones have incredible, complex effects, but are running on 30-year-old technology and engineering. A modern makeover would do wonders, but probably won't make the budget for a long time.

Comment

• Spongeocto4
                                Paper Mario Fanatic

• Jul 2011

Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post

At some point I think Splash Mountain is going to need the "Matterhorn" treatment where the whole ride interior is basically rebuilt. It and Indiana Jones have incredible, complex effects, but are running on 30-year-old technology and engineering. A modern makeover would do wonders, but probably won't make the budget for a long time.
                                It's likely coming. Space, Matterhorn and BTM have had all extended major refurbishments. Splash is the only "Mountain" still needing one(excluding Grizzly Peak, the Cadillac Range and Galaxy's Edge's).

TDA could of done this, when the Train went down, but didn't. Because of this, the Train could get closed, depending on how serious the refurbishment would be. It may sound like an exaggeration, but Splash's flume goes over AND under the train tracks 7 TIMES!

I also, wonder if they would install more walkways/catwalks into the ride, to meet OSHA reguations and make it easier to access the ride AAs.
                                Last edited by Spongeocto4; 01-03-2018, 05:14 PM. Reason: Accidently clicked post before finishing.
                                "...but life without cake is no life at all"
                                -Lysithea von Ordelia, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Disneyland: 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2015, 2020, 2023
                                WDW: 2006
                                Universal Hollywood: 1998, 2007, 2023

Comment

• jrg020491
                                  New MiceChatter
                                  • Jan 2018

Going to Disneyland over our spring break (March 14-16) and have a few questions regarding ride refurbishments:
                                  - Any rumors on if this Splash Mountain refurb is a standard 6-8 week Jan-Feb annual refurb, or is it a major months long deal?
                                  - When it's a major refurb do they usually say it is upfront and not leave it so uncertain?
                                  - Also wouldn't they wait until Splash is done before they start on Pirates (Would they really have both pirates and splash closed at the same time)? Maybe that's why we haven't heard Disneyland's schedule for the Auction scene redo. Hopefully both aren't closed when I'm there. Cheers.

Comment

• DarthBrett78
                                    Sith Lord Extraordinaire
                                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by jrg020491 View Post
                                    Going to Disneyland over our spring break (March 14-16) and have a few questions regarding ride refurbishments:
                                    - Any rumors on if this Splash Mountain refurb is a standard 6-8 week Jan-Feb annual refurb, or is it a major months long deal?
                                    - When it's a major refurb do they usually say it is upfront and not leave it so uncertain?
                                    - Also wouldn't they wait until Splash is done before they start on Pirates (Would they really have both pirates and splash closed at the same time)? Maybe that's why we haven't heard Disneyland's schedule for the Auction scene redo. Hopefully both aren't closed when I'm there. Cheers.
                                    I don't know if anyone knows for certain when Splash Mtn is supposed to re-open, but I would venture to guess it's before your visit. However, I am still convinced Pirates is going to close in very early February or within a month of that. Assuming that ends up being the case, your trip would fall right when PotC is closed. But the fact that DL has not announced a refurb schedule even though WDW has is slightly odd. So who knows, maybe they are going to wait until after the week of Easter (Apr 1) to close it and have it re-open just in time for May and Memorial Day?

Usually for major refurbs, they are given time frames. Like when the Matterhorn or BTMRR or PotC closed for extended periods in the 5 years Disney did say they were extended or would last 3 months or 6 months or 9 months or whatever the case was. So for Splash Mtn, I don't think it's an extended refurb that will last 4-8 months. More than likely it's a 4-8 week refurb and hopefully it is back open for your mid-March trip!

Comment

• StrawberryGirl
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by jrg020491 View Post
                                      Looks like some places are now reporting a reopen date of April 14th for Splash Mountain. I'm trying to find a window where both Splash Mountain and Pirates are open during a lower crowd time, so I'm wishing they would give us some info on Pirates.

Does anyone know how solid those end dates on a refurbishment usually are? We're now looking at the week of April 16th for our trip, but I wonder if that's cutting it too close to the end date of the Splash Mountain refurb (Splash is my daughter's favorite ride, so we're basically scheduling around that being open).

Comment

• DarthBrett78
                                        Sith Lord Extraordinaire
                                        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by StrawberryGirl View Post

Looks like some places are now reporting a reopen date of April 14th for Splash Mountain. I'm trying to find a window where both Splash Mountain and Pirates are open during a lower crowd time, so I'm wishing they would give us some info on Pirates.

Does anyone know how solid those end dates on a refurbishment usually are? We're now looking at the week of April 16th for our trip, but I wonder if that's cutting it too close to the end date of the Splash Mountain refurb (Splash is my daughter's favorite ride, so we're basically scheduling around that being open).
                                        Well if that re-open date ends up being accurate I really can't see Disneyland having Pirates closed for 4-6 weeks at that same exact time - especially when that time happens to be during spring break. It's also unlikely they would have 2 of the most popular attractions on the same side of the park for over 1 month. This coupled with the fact that DL still hasn't announced a closure date like WDW did a couple months back is sure making it seem like Pirates is possibly closing in mid-late April and re-opening just before Memorial Day by a couple of weeks.

Comment

• StrawberryGirl
                                          New MiceChatter
                                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post

Well if that re-open date ends up being accurate I really can't see Disneyland having Pirates closed for 4-6 weeks at that same exact time - especially when that time happens to be during spring break. It's also unlikely they would have 2 of the most popular attractions on the same side of the park for over 1 month. This coupled with the fact that DL still hasn't announced a closure date like WDW did a couple months back is sure making it seem like Pirates is possibly closing in mid-late April and re-opening just before Memorial Day by a couple of weeks.
                                          I guess what I'll get to wonder about now is whether the Blue Bayou will remain open during the Pirates closure. (missing Pirates on our trip isn't a huge deal-breaker to us, but the Blue Bayou is a tradition for us that I would hate to miss). Does any one have any experience with what has happened with the Blue Bayou during past Pirates closures?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X