Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Cinema where the Lincoln show is? Any idea what they're doing? When it re-opens will there be a big crowd for it? I've never been and my son was excited to see it but now it looks like we will only have one chance to see it when it re-opens 9/29.

Comment

• Originally posted by GingerGirl View Post
      Is the Cinema where the Lincoln show is? Any idea what they're doing? When it re-opens will there be a big crowd for it? I've never been and my son was excited to see it but now it looks like we will only have one chance to see it when it re-opens 9/29.
      No, the Cinema is still on the right side of Main St, but further down than Lincoln. It has screens that show animated shorts.
      mey
      MiceChatter
      Last edited by mey; 08-22-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• I think of it on the "right side" of the street, but it's a matter of perspective.

The initial opening date Disney listed was way off. It's actually Mon., 9/25.

Comment

• ... and there's also the Pixar Play Parade hiatus - known about for several weeks, but not announced - with a return most likely in Disneyland Park in 2018 ... probably summer again

Comment

• Hey I made sticky! WOOHOO! I'm on a 3 week vacation at the moment so I may have a bit of a delay updating as I'm not staying up until 3am every night when the schedule updates, but I will still update it every time I can get to a hotel with wifi.
            My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

• Originally posted by doomer View Post
              I think of it on the "right side" of the street, but it's a matter of perspective.

The initial opening date Disney listed was way off. It's actually Mon., 9/25.
              Do you or anyone else happen to know if it's actually closed? It is not on the schedule anymore and I don't like in California so I can't walk over and check myself.

Comment

• The Cinema is on the right side of Main Street.

What makes me wonder is why they are closing it for over a month??? There isn't much in the cinema to work on. They either going to:
                A. Upgrade projectors/screens and replace the wood floor (Maybe add a ramp to the raised viewing area.
                B. Change the theater into one large screen theater with seating (instead of the standing room/multi-small screens). And have the theater, host previews for upcoming movies.
                C. Add more seating to Starbucks with the theater screens left intact or dismantled
                D. Have the theater become a Indoor Stroller Parking area.
                E.....Or become another shopping room, like WDW did....
                ..oh dear..
                Spongeocto4
                OBJECTION!
                Last edited by Spongeocto4; 08-21-2017, 10:41 PM. Reason: Added starbucks

Comment

• Um ... it helps to read all the posts

Comment

• Does anyone know what the conversion time was at Disneyworld on turning the Main Street Cinema into a store from what I've heard the Main Street Cinema at Disneyworld had one screen by the time it closed?
                    I want a refund

Comment

• For those interested, there's a 2.5 week closure of Big Thunder coming up in October from the 2nd to the 19th. Maybe they'll actually get some things fixed up during this time.

Comment

• Regarding River Belle Terrace, if you look at the Disney website for restaurant reservations for the Fantasmic! dining package you can see the following:

"Cafe Orleans will only be offering Fantasmic! dining packages while River Belle Terrace is undergoing a refurbishment from September 5, 2017 through November 16, 2017."

So I think that can be used to put the ending date on when RBT will be closed for refurbishment.

Hope that helps.
                        ---
                        Once Upon a Time, in Anaheim... Anaheim, California...

DLR 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2012 & 2013 with 2015 later this year...

Comment

• Let's try that again.
                          Several weeks ago, Disney listed a closing date for Main Street Cinema that turned out to be wrong.
                          However, the refurbishment is still scheduled, and is officially from Monday, September 25 through Thursday, September 28.

Comment

Let's try that again.
                            Several weeks ago, Disney listed a closing date for Main Street Cinema that turned out to be wrong.
                            However, the refurbishment is still scheduled, and is officially from Monday, September 25 through Thursday, September 28.
                            Thank you for the clarification. I did't see the change.

Comment

• Thanks for the updates. As I said it's not easy to update the schedule because my crap motels wifi have been pretty pathetic. I'll update the list tomorrow.

Comment

• Just an update, Grizzly River Run is down for an unplanned refurbishment as of today. It's expected to be down 3-4 days. I'll update the schedule once I arrive back at my laptop after the parks today.

Comment

• It seems like last year at around this time everything started to close for refurbishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by mickeymax View Post
                                    It seems like last year at around this time everything started to close for refurbishment.
                                    Refurbishments are important and I'm always thankful to see them because I know it means the attraction will return in better condition and be even more enjoyable when it's back up.

Comment

• and Grizzly River Run is now officially "closed for refurbishment"

Comment

and Grizzly River Run is now officially "closed for refurbishment"
                                        It looks like it will reopen tomorrow. Also, Soarin's refurbishment was cancelled. I noticed the last week it was running at half capacity so it's possible that they got everything done one side at a time instead of needing the closure.

Comment

• "No times available." for GRR through Thursday

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X