Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if BTM's temopary closure has anything to do with Galaxy's Edge next door, as it seems weird that they would close in mid July. The only other reason,that I can think, is likely to fix a safety feature(like the boarding gates).

Comment

• Just a heads up, there's a long term closure planned of the Matterhorn from July 30 - "Fall 2018" so expect this to be down for months!
      My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

• Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post
        Just a heads up, there's a long term closure planned of the Matterhorn from July 30 - "Fall 2018" so expect this to be down for months!
        Thanks for the info. I feel like the Matterhorn can never catch a break, as it feels like the ride has the most refurbishments in the resort.

Comment

• Omg!!!! We are going in Aug 20-25 and now Big mountain monster ride like my kiddos called it is going to be down and probably space and HM for at least most of the time- urghhh

Comment

• Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Thanks for the info. I feel like the Matterhorn can never catch a break, as it feels like the ride has the most refurbishments in the resort.
            Sorry to say.......as refurbishment goes
            It like the Matterhorn ,is more down ,than up...........Not Good
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Really beyond ridiculous that they can't even get the Matterhorn through the summer season without a major refurb.

Comment

• Maybe we’re getting new sleds that are more comfortable like the previous ones! Ooh and maybe they could have a few that are of the old “cuddle style” — for which you could wait in a designated queue (like single rider, only the converse)

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about the Tiki Room being closed at the beginning of August? I read somewhere it was going down on 8/6.

Comment

• Originally posted by cinderella2u View Post
                    Does anyone know anything about the Tiki Room being closed at the beginning of August? I read somewhere it was going down on 8/6.
                    It is closing on the 6th. I haven't seen a re-opening date as of yet. It may be closing for construction on Tropical Hideaway, or it could be just some routine maintenance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Sorry to say.......as refurbishment goes
                      It like the Matterhorn ,is more down ,than up...........Not Good

My thoughts exactly. This is really getting frustrating, the amount of EXTENDED down time this attraction has. Wasn't it just closed for almost three months in 2017? Does it have to close for a few months every year? I am almost ready to say just shut it down and yes, rip it out if you cannot find a fix that allows to run in a more regular fashion. I don't really mean that but man, this IS frustrating.

Comment

• So is the Animation Building going away with Bugland, as I see it listed on page 1?

Comment

So is the Animation Building going away with Bugland, as I see it listed on page 1?
                          It should just be for maintenance that requires the whole building to be closed. I would guess carpeting replacement or internal painting, but don't hold me to that.

Comment

• For those complaining about the down time on Matterhorn, remember that this is one of the oldest roller coasters operating daily in the world(!). It is the first known tubular steel continuous track roller coaster in the world as well. The fact that it's still operating (and daily) is pretty incredible.

Comment

• Tiki room reopens on September 21st.

As well as the Mark Twain.
                              Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                                Tiki room reopens on September 21st.

As well as the Mark Twain.
                                I was just going to post that but you had me by 1:45. lol I guess that teaches me to go out all night!

Comment

• If the Columbia is going down, does this mean Fantasmic will be down as well? I know they can do the show without the Mark Twain, by having the finale characters (sans Steanboat Mickey) appear on the Island. But, I don't think they have an alternate version for the Columbia/Pirates segment. I could be wrong.

Comment

If the Columbia is going down, does this mean Fantasmic will be down as well? I know they can do the show without the Mark Twain, by having the finale characters (sans Steanboat Mickey) appear on the Island. But, I don't think they have an alternate version for the Columbia/Pirates segment. I could be wrong.
                                    Yes, however I believe Fantasmic is weekends only by that point anyway so the refurb shouldn't effect it.
                                    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

• The Matterhorn has a re-opening date! November 16 the sleds roll again.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post
                                        The Matterhorn has a re-opening date! November 16 the sleds roll again.
                                        I'm glad to hear it. That's the last day I'll be in the parks, so I hope everything goes as scheduled. Matterhorn is one of my favorite rides!

Comment

• Does anyone know what the refurb schedule for 2019 is? I know HM and ISAW will both go down, and there was the report on an another Matterhorn refurb. Any other rides?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X