Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Official Disneyland refurbishment dates - Updated as needed

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Splash Mtn is getting a refurb in Jan-Feb I think. But now I don't remember the dates. It may be Feb-March?

    Comment


    • Fantasmic back from refurb on March 8th.
      Dining reopens that night.
      https://disneyland.disney.go.com/din...nner-packages/

      Comment


      • Sorry I took a 2 week vacation and didn't really have time to update the list. It should be all current now.
        My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

        Comment


        • World Of Color Reopening on the 22nd of February.
          Dining now taking reservations.
          https://disneyland.disney.go.com/din...-color-dining/

          Comment


          • Does anyone have any insight as to when the exterior (not the walk through) of Sleeping Beauty's Castle will be observable to the public? I want to take my niece to the park before the Socal special expires May 23. I was hoping that at least the exterior would be exposed before then.
            "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

            Comment


            • Disneyland Forever: Last Performance Aug. 31

              Pop Up Disney! closes Sept. 2nd

              Fantasmic!: After Sept. 2, the show will only be shown on the weekends(Fri, Sat, Sun)

              DCA Summer AP Center Closes Sept. 3?

              Tom Sawyer Island Sept. 16-19

              Winnie The Pooh Sept. 16-TBA(Closed at least 2 weeks, possibly more)

              World of Color: Starting Sept. 17, regular WOC will only be shown on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

              World of Color Villainous!: Only shown during Oogie Boogie Bash, starting Sept. 17. Performances will be on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Last presumed performance is Oct. 31st.

              Mark Twain Sept. 23-TBA (Closed at least 2 days, probably a week)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                Disneyland Forever: Last Performance Aug. 31

                Pop Up Disney! closes Sept. 2nd

                Fantasmic!: After Sept. 2, the show will only be shown on the weekends(Fri, Sat, Sun)

                DCA Summer AP Center Closes Sept. 3?

                Tom Sawyer Island Sept. 16-19

                Winnie The Pooh Sept. 16-TBA(Closed at least 2 weeks, possibly more)

                World of Color: Starting Sept. 17, regular WOC will only be shown on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

                World of Color Villainous!: Only shown during Oogie Boogie Bash, starting Sept. 17. Performances will be on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Last presumed performance is Oct. 31st.

                Mark Twain Sept. 23-TBA (Closed at least 2 days, probably a week)
                I’ll update the main page once I get home. Hard to do it on a phone and I’m at Disneyland through Thursday.
                My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

                Comment


                • Red Car Trolley is now closed through 2020???

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                    Red Car Trolley is now closed through 2020???
                    Sad to hear. But I wonder if this may be a clue as to what may be announced at next week's D23? Perhaps another major expansion/change/attraction has just been approved near the Trolley tracks and it will need to remain closed? Just wishful thinking. It's probably something more along the lines of "Marvel Land is opening in December 2020 now and that means so is the Trolley".
                    First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Blurr View Post

                      Sad to hear. But I wonder if this may be a clue as to what may be announced at next week's D23? Perhaps another major expansion/change/attraction has just been approved near the Trolley tracks and it will need to remain closed? Just wishful thinking. It's probably something more along the lines of "Marvel Land is opening in December 2020 now and that means so is the Trolley".
                      Work started on the tracks inside the park. I wonder if it's a complete replacement or realignment. I remember the initial work on the trolley began about 2 years before it even opened.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                        Red Car Trolley is now closed through 2020???
                        The official site for the Red Car just says it will return to service in 2020. It doesn't say January 1 or Dec 31. Usually they put the end of 2020 in those calendars so nobody has to manually change the date for something that has no official opening, or one that could move several times. This way every day a new calendar is published the Red Car will be on it, until such time as Marvel Land is opening officially and they can properly edit the schedule.
                        My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post

                          The official site for the Red Car just says it will return to service in 2020. It doesn't say January 1 or Dec 31. Usually they put the end of 2020 in those calendars so nobody has to manually change the date for something that has no official opening, or one that could move several times. This way every day a new calendar is published the Red Car will be on it, until such time as Marvel Land is opening officially and they can properly edit the schedule.
                          Glad to hear this! Thanks for clarifying that.

                          Comment


                          • Going Aug 24th . Glad I'll make it just in time before HM closes down for the Halloween makeover.

                            Comment


                            • It looks like we know when Disney is going to fix the damage to the Matterhorn. It's scheduled to go down on October 21 and no opening date is set as of yet.
                              My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post
                                It looks like we know when Disney is going to fix the damage to the Matterhorn. It's scheduled to go down on October 21 and no opening date is set as of yet.
                                I really hope it's back up before I go in November. It's definitely a favorite of mine.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post
                                  It looks like we know when Disney is going to fix the damage to the Matterhorn. It's scheduled to go down on October 21 and no opening date is set as of yet.
                                  Expect it go down for along time.......
                                  They going to do lot more , than
                                  fix the damage area to the Matterhorn !
                                  imo
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                  Comment


                                  • It's too early to celebrate, but as of now Disneyland has the Matterhorn listed as open on Saturday, October 26th after being closed for 5 days. I don't know if it just hasn't been updated, but It's A Small World is still listed as being closed on that day as well as the 27th.

                                    I'm anxiously watching closely, because we will also be there in early November. It is frustrating how late they update their ride closings at Disneyland.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by newhorizons View Post
                                      It's too early to celebrate, but as of now Disneyland has the Matterhorn listed as open on Saturday, October 26th after being closed for 5 days. I don't know if it just hasn't been updated, but It's A Small World is still listed as being closed on that day as well as the 27th.

                                      I'm anxiously watching closely, because we will also be there in early November. It is frustrating how late they update their ride closings at Disneyland.
                                      I also noticed that it's re-opening after a short few days. Maybe it's just to do more exploring of weak points on the mountain before a long term fix. The Other possibility is they could be doing weekday only closures and opening on weekends which they've done in the past. I guess we will know more when the next week schedule gets posted.
                                      My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

                                      Comment


                                      • And it is a weekday only closure. It looks like they're reopening it Saturday and Sunday during this refurb period.
                                        My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X