• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    So...something is going on with TDA's refurbishment schedule. Never have I seen it this erratic. We have the following:
    • Despite Splash Mountain being referred to being down for "6 weeks", the ride will remain shut down throughout the entirety of February. Grizzly River Run's refurbishment is tentatively scheduled for at least 6 weeks.
    • TDA is breaking their unspoken rule of only working 1 mountain ride at a time in Disneyland. The Matterhorn is going down for an unspecified refurbishment starting February 28th, despite Splash Mountain's ongoing refurbishment.
    • Additional or delayed refurbishment work on the Little Mermaid Ride is scheduled again starting February 28th
    • The Mark Twain will be alternating in and of out of refurbishment nearly every other day during February. Sailing Ship Columbia appears to be out of commission for the foreseeable future.
    Toontown date closure should be announced any day now. The land will be going down for its 1 year refurbishment sometime in March.

Leave a comment:

• mpvandew94
    New MiceChatter

• mpvandew94
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

I feel the same way. I'm keeping close tabs on Splash Mountain closures so I'm prepared to ride it one more time before it goes to Yesterland. My non-Disney-lover friends don't get it ("you've been on the ride a hundred times before"); it doesn't matter, I want to say my goodbyes
    exactly the same with Tower of Terror/Mission Breakout "It's just an overlay, it's the same ride" YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY TO FLORIDA FOR OLD FASHIONED HOLLYWOOD GLITZ AND THE RIDE STILL ISN'T THE SAME BECAUSE OF RUN TIME AND DROP METERING

Leave a comment:

• Brian PieGuy
    Bear of Little Brain

• Brian PieGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by mpvandew94 View Post

I'm very curious to see how this goes, as SM is one of my novelty favorites of the park. Overlay aside, I'd still love to ride the attraction during my next visit just in case I won't be venturing back to the parks for a few years
    I feel the same way. I'm keeping close tabs on Splash Mountain closures so I'm prepared to ride it one more time before it goes to Yesterland. My non-Disney-lover friends don't get it ("you've been on the ride a hundred times before"); it doesn't matter, I want to say my goodbyes

Leave a comment:

• mpvandew94
    New MiceChatter

• mpvandew94
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Refurbished rides normally reopen on Fridays. Sometimes rides do reopen early, but to my knowledge it's only a day early (Thursdays).
    I'm very curious to see how this goes, as SM is one of my novelty favourites of the park. Overlay aside, I'd still love to ride the attraction during my next visit just in case I won't be venturing back to the parks for a few years

Leave a comment:

• hoffman3233
    New MiceChatter

• hoffman3233
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Refurbished rides normally reopen on Fridays. Sometimes rides do reopen early, but to my knowledge it's only a day early (Thursdays).
    That sucks. 6 weeks for Splash Mountain would have put it open on Feb 22 and it still says closed then

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Originally posted by hoffman3233 View Post
    6 weeks for Splash Mountain should put it reopening on Feb 22. Website still has it down on Feb 21, and I go that week. Do they sometimes have it on the website as being down, but they finish early and open? Or does that never happen?

Leave a comment:

• hoffman3233
    New MiceChatter

• hoffman3233
    replied
    6 weeks for Splash Mountain should put it reopening on Feb 22. Website still has it down on Feb 21, and I go that week. Do they sometimes have it on the website as being down, but they finish early and open? Or does that never happen?

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    MC gave an official update on the Monorail refurbishment, which has been delayed to February 14th to March 8th. My guess is that nearby demolition of the AMC theater and the refurbishment of subs are causing the closure.
    Changes are taking place in preparation for the redevelopment of Downtown Disney's west end. The initial stage of this reimagining, scheduled to begin

Leave a comment:

• lnsemsf
    Awesome Member

• lnsemsf
    replied
    There's a quick refurbishment of Little Mermaid coming next week. Only 4 day closure so not much going on. I did notice that once the Monorail closes it is officially listed as "Disneyland Monorail - Temporarily Unavailable" which is the same way that the subs are listed, so this could be a long closure without a planned return date.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Haunted Mansion returns on January 21st.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    The Little Mermaid will be going down for a brief refurbishment from January 10th-13th.

Splash Mountain's annual refurbishment begins on January 10th.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Refurb Updates:

-Harbour Gallery reopens tomorrow. No word if the new seating area, Pelican's Bay, will open with it.

-Its a Small World Holiday's opening has been delayed to November 22, 2021 per the Disneyland Calendar

-Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is finally listed on the refurbishment calendar (despite being closed for the last 7 months). The ride is closed throughout December, which reiterates the Winter 2022 reopening date (Maybe Luca will join Nemo?)

-Tarzan's Treehouse reopening has been delayed to an unknown date. The attraction is listed as closed throughout December.

The following attractions are listed as temporarily unavailable, butare not listed on the refurbishment calendar:
    -Donald's Boat
    -Goofy's Playhouse
    -Mickey's House & Meet Mickey
    -Mickey's PhilharMagic
    -Minnie's House
    -Red Car Trolley
    -Star Wars Launch Bay
    -Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar

Leave a comment:

• mpvandew94
    New MiceChatter

• mpvandew94
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

I don't think there is a specific date yet, but Haunted Mansion Holiday usually ends a week after New Years Day. It takes 1-2 weeks to revert it to classic Haunted Mansion.
    I'll stick to my 20th through 23rd march visit plans to play it safe. thanks! i'll keep this thread in my update notifications

Leave a comment:

• Brian PieGuy
    Bear of Little Brain

• Brian PieGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by mpvandew94 View Post
    When does HM reopen in 2022?
    I don't think there is a specific date yet, but Haunted Mansion Holiday usually ends a week after New Years Day. It takes 1-2 weeks to revert it to classic Haunted Mansion.

Leave a comment:

• mpvandew94
    New MiceChatter

• mpvandew94
    replied
    When does HM reopen in 2022?

Leave a comment:

• leftcircles
    replied
    The Monorail comes back tomorrow, Oct 15!

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    The Harbour Galley will be closed starting on October 18th. This is likely in connection to the Pelican Bay seating area being built next door.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    IASW Holiday will be opening 1 day earlier than expected on November 11th.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_IvanStark
    One Stormy Night Long Ago

• Mr_IvanStark
    replied
    Thanks! This was helpful! Going to DLR this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• leftcircles
    replied
    Can we expect Paradise Bay to be drained for several months? I know the refurb it needs isn't quite typical, but what is a typical timeframe?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X