Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Muppet Show at Disneyland! ..........an idea!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Muppet Show at Disneyland! ..........an idea!

I am sure I am not the first nor will be the last person to bring this up, but how great would it be to remove Innoventions and in it's place restore the building back into the rotating theatre and put in the all new audio animatronic Muppet Show! Capitalizing on the Jim Henson Muppets franchise and the blending of high quality animatronic characters mixed with great classic Muppet songs and solos (Kermit's Rainbow Connection etc.) I think this would be a great addition to Disneyland, it is sort of like a live action show (without the live actors) it has great songs, great cast of characters. Incorporating the circular moving theatre (Ala America Sings) will have a high hourly capacity entertainment offering. I really think this would be a great way to reintroduce the muppets to the younger generation paving the way for new Muppet Movies etc. As well as reconnecting the younger at heart crowds with the loveable Muppets!
    Last edited by CAspace; 02-10-2006, 10:18 AM.

Re: The Muppet Show at Disneyland! ..........an idea!

I'm all for anything replacing Innoventions, but isn't the Muppet movie in DCA kind of like that?

CAs, I think that's a cool idea, though! More animatronics at DL!

Comment

I think that would be majorly cool to add that to the Muppets 3D area at DCA and develop that area into a mini Muppets land. But Innoventions needs to get out, and fast.
      BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
      October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
      April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
      October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
      December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
      July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
      July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

DCA already has the 3D muppets movie, this is something different. This is a "Live Action" (Audio Animatronic live ) show, the muppets programmed to move like we know and love them too, the muppets singing great songs and having funny routines. The theatre revolving around the different sets (just like America Sings, thereby increasing capacity to a new guest load in every 10 minutes) The infastructure is there to some degree.
        Rent the muppet show or one of the muppet movies and think about how fun it could be! As fun as 3D movies are this is way beyond that! Expensive, Yes but fun fun fun and when it's time as a show is nearing the end they can always take the animatronic characters and build a new Muppet Ride with all of them (just how they built Splash Mountain with all the America Sings animatronics!)
        I think this would work!

Comment

Originally posted by CAspace
          This is a "Live Action"...
          You could have a Pigs in Space section to tie in the Tomorrowland theme...

Comment

I don't see the Tomorrowland tie but I see DCA potential, especially to rejuvenate Muppets 3D since no one seems to go see it (I don't know why though, it is awesome!!!).

Comment

Unless you theme the attraction to Muppets in Space - therefore theming it to Tomorrowland.
              Anything you do, let it come from you, then it will be new. Give us more to see. ~Stephen Sondheim

Comment

Makes as much sense as putting Nemo in with the subs.

in short - very little. Damn, I hope Lassiter puts an end to this nonsense... Tell us stories, not mix our metaphors.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Let's stay on topic here, the topic is "The Muppet Show" at Disneyland, an animatronic muppet show, not a 3d movie. The reason I propose placing this back in the America Sings building is because the infastructure for the revolving stage idea is already there. We can worry about the semantics of show placement later. I think the Muppet franchise is totaly underused by Disneyland and it would be a great way to reconnect the public with a great franchise. The show would also be very fun! Let's please not get caught up in a (does it belong in tommorow land debate).

Comment

Originally posted by theaterbear
                    Unless you theme the attraction to Muppets in Space - therefore theming it to Tomorrowland.
                    That would ROCK!!!!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I think the characters fit better at DCA and MGM. I just do not see them mixing in well with the other more civalized clean cut Disney characters.

They need to be wacky, crazy and out of control and i think that would blend in perfectly in DCA and even more in MGM studios.

Comment

I would LOVE to see more Muppets around DLR bu I agree that they don't belong in Tomorrowland, unless it was in a future themed show.
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

OK let's pretend if it were back in the circular theatre (the old America sings building) that the show would be "Futuristic" then it would fit into Tommorowland. What about the idea of a Animatronic Muppet Show!? I think it could work and revitalize a very underused asset of Disney (the Jim Henson Muppets franchise)

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                            You could have a Pigs in Space section to tie in the Tomorrowland theme...
                            Replace HISTA with Pigs In Space would be awesome, it would fit in great!
                            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                              Replace HISTA with Pigs In Space would be awesome, it would fit in great!
                              OMG that would be sooooo awesome!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X