X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • villain
    • Feb 2005

Rumors While You Wait!

Have you ever been waiting in line for an attraction and hear someone in line tell a rumor to someone in their party that was so funny you could'nt stop yourself from laughing due to it being so far from the truth?

Well that just happened to me in the park today! I was in line for HM and a lady behind me was telling her boyfriend that in order to work at DL you had to live in Orange County! :lol: I could not stop from laughing at that one!

Anyone out there have similar situations? I love hearing what peeps come up with!
  • cellarhound
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by villain
    Well that just happened to me in the park today! I was in line for HM and a lady behind me was telling her boyfriend that in order to work at DL you had to live in Orange County! :lol: I could not stop from laughing at that one!
    That isn't completely untrue... Usually there is some basis of truth in a rumor... I think it was based on the fact that DL does not offer relocation assistance and you have to apply on site....
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
      Greetings, Program!
      • Jan 2005

My favorites are overhearing people:

- Claiming the Canoes are on a track.
      - Claiming Walt is being kept on ice.
      - Speculating the apparently MASSIVE underground city that Walt built under Disneyland where his surviving relatives now reside.
      - The guard dogs they let loose in the park overnight (One even claimed to see a janitor picking up after one of the alledged mutts who confessed to this long-kept secret).
      - The fully staffed "Jailhouse" on site, run by a special unit of ARMED Disney-employed guards that are NEVER seen onstage unless dire cir***stances dictate it.
      - The fact that Walt's ghost roams the Mansion, and that is why one of the singing busts resembles him so closely.
      - The Matterhorn is an actual natural rock formation, and was the reason Disney chose the area to build DL on.

and the best one....

- Cast Members are required to join the Church of Scientology to be considered for hire.

Wow.....I mean, wow.
      "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• AStarOnMars
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000
        - Cast Members are required to join the Church of Scientology to be considered for hire.
        I wonder where that one came from?

Comment

• Ortizmo2000
          Greetings, Program!
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by AStarOnMars
          I wonder where that one came from?
          Read it a couple of years ago on a former cast member's blog who'd heard some yappy woman telling her friends this. I couldn't stop rolling on that one.
          "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• villain
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by cellarhound
            I think it was based on the fact that DL does not offer relocation assistance and you have to apply on site....
            Well her boyfriend commented, "you have to live in orange county to work here?"

She said "yup"

I just busted up!

Comment

• villain
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000
              HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Now all we need to hear is that L. Ron Hubbard is frozen right next to Walt! :lol:

Comment

• sleepyjeff
                Spree Candy
                • Jan 2005

I just love making things up in line and acting like I truly believe them.....especially when I know someone is dropping some eaves
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• GeneralShang
                  Defeats the Huns
                  • Feb 2005

It bothers me SOO much when I hear wrong information from random guests ... I kinda wanna be like, "Um -- ACTUALLY....." hahaha but that's a little too mean.

And btw, I love how the word "cir***stances" is "starred" out. :lol: :lol:

Comment

• RX-24
                    Tour Ship Pilot
                    • Feb 2005

Two of my Favs at the Haunted Mansion and overheard numerous times,

1) Brigam Youngs hearse is the one out front(Brigam young was walked between his funeral and burial,it was only a few blocks. there is no historical record of ANY hearse being used)

2) Vincente Price does the voice over for the Mansion attraction( nice try if you were in Phantom Manor in Paris at the open before the French Track that runs now)(Paul Frees,AKA Boris Badinov did it as we all know)

I just dont have it in me to say anything at the time,dont want the speaker to feel like a chump or the more likley result of someone thinking I AM the misinformed person. :botox:
                    REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Comment

• Old_School_Goofy
                      Skipping on Main Street
                      • Feb 2005

Isn't amazing how smart these people feel. How about the Matterhorn will collapse if they drain the submarine lagoon.
                      Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Comment

• Tech_Disney
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2005

me and my friends like to stand in line and loudly make up and try to spread rumors we know are incorrect or are so rediculous that they couldn't be correct. I bet people either think we're the biggest idiots for believing that manatees evolved from elephants or they think they've just heard some amazing insider info like the haunted mansion having guest celebrities playing the part of the scared groundskeeper.

Comment

• DemonicDemona
                          Minion
                          • Mar 2005

haha I used to make up things in line to, it was awesmome to watch everyone trying to listen but not make it obvious. It's always great to start a rumor and then hear it later on in the day in a diffrent line lol
                          Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey :ap:

Comment

• fearsnda
                            Leave 'em wanting more!
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy
                            Isn't amazing how smart these people feel. How about the Matterhorn will collapse if they drain the submarine lagoon.
                            Well they told me in Traditions when I started working at DLR, that Harbor Blvd. would sink if they drained the sub lagoon. I laughed really loudly because I thought they were kidding. The Trainer just looked at me blankly and as it turns out she actually believed what she was saying and was not making a joke. Ayayayayayay!

This only continues to float my theory that CMs are worse than guests when it comes to bad information

- FNDA
                            ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

• desertdweller
                              MiceChatter
                              • Feb 2005

I was crossing the drawbridge years ago and two elderly ladies were gazing into the moat and debating whether the swans were real.
                              "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Pizzapants
                                Inappropriate
                                • Mar 2005

Me and my brother make up the most pointless rumors while waiting in line. It's great to se people listening in. My personal favorite: "They're adding a loop and power launch to the jungle cruise. Thats' why it's under rehab."

Click the banner! ^^^^
                                Follow us on Twitter
                                @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                                Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

• Cousin Orville
                                  Boss Angeles, CA
                                  • Jan 2005

I sometimes fumble around on the ground between the railings asking others if they've seen a small manila envelope, it's easy to spot...it has anthrax written on it.. :devil:
                                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

• NPCody
                                    • Mar 2005

I've heard some girl talking about how all the AA's from the Country Bears are hidden throughout Splash Mountain, that was pretty funny.

Another good one is that they took out the subs because one of them sunk.

Comment

• cellarhound
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by NPCody
                                      I've heard some girl talking about how all the AA's from the Country Bears are hidden throughout Splash Mountain, that was pretty funny.

Another good one is that they took out the subs because one of them sunk.
                                      Well wasn't AA's from America Sings in Splash Mountain...
                                      Check out my other blog:

Comment

• AdventureLandJaggy
                                        Chernabog Admirer
                                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cellarhound
                                        Well wasn't AA's from America Sings in Splash Mountain...
                                        Ya, the AA's from America Sings were brought to Splash Mountain.. and a few AS AA's were put into Star Tours.. their skeletons anyway, I think, but I'm not quite sure. But its most noticable now that I've seen pics of America Sings.. and when I look at the Splash Mountain's AA's... the geese and the foxes are ones I recognize.

...With an exception of Brer Fox.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X