This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scweitzer Falls

I have heard conflicting reports that schiwitzer falls on the jungle cruise collapsed due to termites. do any of you know what is going on, is it still their or is it gone for good? If it is true are they gonna rebuild it, with that long refurb? how long has it been their?

Originally posted by Titanfreak46
    I have heard conflicting reports that schiwitzer falls on the jungle cruise collapsed due to termites. do any of you know what is going on, is it still their or is it gone for good? If it is true are they gonna rebuild it, with that long refurb? how long has it been their?
    This is not the first time we have heard that Schiwitzer falls has fallen, I hope the new rumors are just reverberations of past rumors, not actualy news....
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Yes, it collapsed, and yes it will have been rebuilt by May 5th.
      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow...this is big news. Did it fall or intentionally torn down as part of the rehab?
        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Maybe they tore it down to make way for a GNU show building..

Comment

no..I had not heard that, but if its true, Im now sad! I love the backside of the water! Its my favorite part of disneyland!
            Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
            http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
            sigpic

Comment

If it did collapse, they simply must rebuild. The BackSide of Water is an essential part of the Jungle Cruise experience.

Comment

hmm.. something GNU... oh ya.. this attraction willbe power by Linux now... hehe

Hopefully the construction wont delay the reopening... and at least we know it will be safe now...

Comment

PLEASE! Don't take away the back side of water for something Gnu/Gnay.
                  "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
                  --"Being Alive"
                  Company Stephen
                  Sondheim

Comment

Termite damage caused the falls to collapse when they were working on them. I highly doubt it will delay the opening, however.
                    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                      hmm.. something GNU... oh ya.. this attraction willbe power by Linux now... hehe

Hopefully the construction wont delay the reopening... and at least we know it will be safe now...
                      :lol: that was great, every time I read the "something GNU" that is all I could think of :lol:
                      themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
                      Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

Comment

The falls jokes are the best. 'Here is sweitzer falls, named after the great humanitarian dr. albert falls' lol

Comment

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it fell because of termites. How funny is that???

Comment

Originally posted by Titanfreak46
                            I have heard conflicting reports that schiwitzer falls on the jungle cruise collapsed due to termites.
                            Must be the dreded Sahara Water Termites. With little rubber boats, little suba gear. :lol:
                            Let the magic continue.

Comment

Please, Please, Please I must have My "Backside of water" Jokes. I cant go on much longer without it

Comment

Originally posted by tulkas
                                Must be the dreded Sahara Water Termites. With little rubber boats, little suba gear. :lol:
                                and that can jump over twenty-five feet, there the only thing in the jungle that can do that
                                sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                                A Photographed Life
                                12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

the falls

They falls did fall...But they were taking them down to do some work on them anyway. It was just unexpected. Yeah 50 years of water damage

Comment

Can you imagine if they fell during normal operations, especially on guests...

"Here is the backside of water..." waterfall crashs on a boat "...and the upside is Disney will pay your medical bills and settle out of court!"

Comment

Originally posted by skipforward
                                      They falls did fall...
                                      Isn't that some sort of paradox or something??

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGal
                                        and that can jump over twenty-five feet, there the only thing in the jungle that can do that
                                        Isn't that amazing?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X