Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to the Jolly Trolly?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What ever happened to the Jolly Trolly?

    So, what ever happened to the Jolly Trolley and the Acorn Crawl?

    Anyone? Anyone?
    Last edited by fearsnda; 03-20-2005, 02:07 PM.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

  • #2
    The Acorn Crawl was closed due to injuries, I'm sure. Can't tell you how many kids bonked their head, bit thier lips or twisted something in that pit of plastic acorns. Parents would deposit their kids in it and then turn their back. It wasn't fun!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AnotherPixie
      The Acorn Crawl was closed due to injuries, I'm sure. Can't tell you how many kids bonked their head, bit thier lips or twisted something in that pit of plastic acorns. Parents would deposit their kids in it and then turn their back. It wasn't fun!

      I suspected as much. Now I must solve the great Jolly Trolly mystery.
      ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

      Comment


      • #4
        it was taken out when they put in Roger Rabbit's fastpass because the standby line would be outside and would extend over the gateway the Trolly would enter and exit from

        now that Roger Rabbit's fastpass has been rerouted it's debatable weather or not the Trolly will come back
        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jspider
          it was taken out when they put in Roger Rabbit's fastpass because the standby line would be outside and would extend over the gateway the Trolly would enter and exit from

          now that Roger Rabbit's fastpass has been rerouted it's debatable weather or not the Trolly will come back
          Aha!

          Answers! I sort of want to ride the freakin' thing. I am not sure why I find it so alluring, but I do.
          ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fearsnda
            Aha!

            Answers! I sort of want to ride the freakin' thing. I am not sure why I find it so alluring, but I do.
            Maybe an inner ear problem?

            Comment


            • #7
              I would think Matt will bring it back in time for the 50th...I'm told he wants everything open for it.
              -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
              I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                I would think Matt will bring it back in time for the 50th...I'm told he wants everything open for it.

                Ya think? Hmmm... I wants to makes me a date with the Jolly Trolly. Course I work right by there and I have never seen it back stage so.... who knows?
                ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

                Comment


                • #9
                  That stupid insidious Paul Pressler...

                  Oh the fast pass line extends all the way outside in front of the gates so just un plug the Jolly trolley.

                  Meanwhile the long queue with the effects inside the building becomes a race course to run through when they finally let you in the building.

                  I mean anyone with a high school diploma could see how much they f'ed things up over there! ! !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                    I mean anyone with a high school diploma could see how much they f'ed things up over there! ! !
                    Quite true, but the first thing they do when you recieve your MBA is take away you high school diploma---followed by the removal of your heart and any creative bones
                    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                      Quite true, but the first thing they do when you recieve your MBA is take away you high school diploma---followed by the removal of your heart and any creative bones
                      OK, that's it! I am gonna go poke around and see if it's even back there. I wanna ride the dag-gum thing! Damn Pressler and Harris those Trolley-haters.

                      Rumor has it they killed the street car concepts that were originally planned for DCA as well. What is their beef with this particular form of mass transit? Better yet what is their beef with all forms of mass transit? The Monorail went into disrepair and the People Mover was exiled in favor of Rocket Rods - an attraction that imploded more spectacularly than Pauly Shore piloting the Hindenburg into the Tacoma Narrows Bridge... but I digress.

                      Where was I? Oh yes... Must investigate the vicinity for evidence of the JT!

                      - FNDA
                      ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fearsnda
                        What is their beef with this particular form of mass transit? Better yet what is their beef with all forms of mass transit? - FNDA
                        Simple....people hoofing it down the street are more likely to stop and shop, or buy a bite to eat at some ODV cart blocking a walkway
                        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          simple.. when the park gets crowded... how fast can this thing go to be able to stop and not hit anyone????

                          The land already opens after the rest of the park... and closes before... so why have this run daily and not just when it is safe like the off season....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Wait so the line for roger rabbit is no longer in the original queue area? (I havent been their in several years so im out of the loop)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I find it hard for the Jolly Trolly to even operate with the amount of people crowded into Toon Town these days.



                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X