This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Waldo?

One of the things that has always amazed me was that Disney has never come out with any sort of collectible, or (gasp!) plush toy for Waldo C. Graphic, of Muppetvision 3D. You'd think, with the mindset of the old management, this would have been a natural.

Are there other tie-ins you've expected to see, through the years, that just never materialized through the years? It used to be that we'd always see something related to current Disney movies in a parade (reference the Aladdin parade in MGM) or some other sort of merchandise, albeit overpriced.

Anything else that seemed like a slam dunk?

OK...maybe I'm just not very observant, but I don't recall much Mary Poppins stuff.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I'd like to see the return of Jungle Book plushes and other things return.. like how there isn't that nice Bagheera figure I've seen pics of..

Also... bring back the Villains store!

...Or am I just not getting the point of the thread? :confused:

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureLandJaggy
        I'd like to see the return of Jungle Book plushes and other things return.. like how there isn't that nice Bagheera figure I've seen pics of..

Also... bring back the Villains store!

Villains is sort of over in NOS by th exit to POTC. Or you can find some stuff at Company D.
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

No Jungle Book attraction! I'm suprised that they never renamed/rethemed the Carousel for Mary Poppins. Oh, yes, please give us a dark ride themed with the Disney Villians.
          I'm More suprised that they gave us an attraction based on a movie that they refuse to release in the US - of course I mean Splash Mountain. (but That's another thread).

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59
            No Jungle Book attraction! I'm suprised that they never renamed/rethemed the Carousel for Mary Poppins. Oh, yes, please give us a dark ride themed with the Disney Villians.
            I'm More suprised that they gave us an attraction based on a movie that they refuse to release in the US - of course I mean Splash Mountain. (but That's another thread).
            Do you mean the carousel in Fantasyland? Because I don't think they should or ever will mess with that. That carousel was Walt's baby, he loved it. He hand picked it and altered each horse to have it how he wanted it. They better never touch it, IMO.
            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I agree Tink- its a beauty! Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorites because it is so artistic and the animation is exquisite- its prominance in Fantasyland is well deserved and should NOT be changed. However, a villanous dark ride would be cool- where would you put it though? Fantasyland seems a bit land locked......
              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
              Help support the site you love:
              -Visit the MiceChat store
              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureLandJaggy
                No, don't be--this is the stuff I'm talking about. Why is it they'll have countless things with Tigger and Pooh, et al, on them, when there's plenty of other stuff we'd snap up, too, if they'd only put it up on the shelves?

(And I want a Waldo!)

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59
                  I wasn't saying anything about a Jungle Book attraction, only the merchandise. I didn't like it that they stopped selling JB plushes after Jungle Book 2 (ugh..) was finished.

Originally posted by Druggas
                  Villains is sort of over in NOS by th exit to POTC. Or you can find some stuff at Company D.
                  And last time I was at the Le Bat en Rouge... it was completely Nightmare Before Christmas.... I like NBC, but seeing it take over a store that was meant to be combining the Villains and HMH/NBC just sickens me. Just might be me though.. Company D?

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

Comment

Company D is a CM only store- they have one backstage at Harbor point (unless it has moved) by CM Costuming and there are a few in other locations including TDA- you have to have ID to get in, but all the CM exclusive merchandise and discounted tickets are sold there.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

actually u are talking about the Team Center....Company D is only off site. they dont have one on site at the park....Company D is an awesome store where they constantly have sales and they have discounted merchandise that we dont sell in the park anymore...you can only get in with your Disney ID though...
                      "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

Comment

Thanks for the correction- I couldn't keep the two straight even when I worked there!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                          Thanks for the correction- I couldn't keep the two straight even when I worked there!
                          It's okay, I couldn't get a straight answer from anyone either. I was trying to find it but no one could help me. Then the Disney Stores were sold and I had to turn in my ID. Oh well, I will get a new one.

As for this thread, I agree! I honestly understand the reasoning behind marketing the product along WITH the sales of movies, etc. If they came out with Herbie things a couple of years ago it might not sell as well as it might in the next few months with the new film. I must totally agree with this concept; however, it does make me sad. I wish there was more product of the sidekicks. More of characters like Piglet, Daisy, Chip'n'Dale, the Villians, etc. It appears that the marketing of main characters is working just fine for someone up there. You don't see these characters more often because of legal issues. For example, Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore are considered "main characters" and Disney has the most rights for them. Characters like Piglet and Roo, they don't. Yet they keep making them appear as more of main characters in recent movies. This creates a problem since little kids don't get it. It's sad.

Comment

I must inquire, do any of you (insiders) know where I could possibly obtain a SuperStar Limo t-shirt? It is a matter of great and immediate importance.

Comment

look om ebay (if they ever even existed)

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Bring back Donald!!!
                                Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                                Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                                Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                                Marge: Pink.
                                Homer: D'oh!
                                Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

there's no donald character in the park anymore?

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

I never see him. I'm sure he's out there. I only see mickey and some occasional princess. : (
                                    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

I used to see him in toontown occasionally- but here's what happened in 2001- they use "little people" to play donald, and there were two of them that did it, but some kids kicked the crap out of one of the girls that played him and she went to working at costuming and wouldn't go back in the park because she was so traumatized.
                                      Mayne there is no one to play him?

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Suck.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X