Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Poor Unfortunate Soles Gumball Rally Trip Report

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report The Poor Unfortunate Soles Gumball Rally Trip Report

Eventually, it was time for the rules to be announced, and this year (as every year) had some twists. There were three twists, really:
    1. No fastpass or single rider.
    2. Every attraction was worth one point.
    3. Disneyland and DCA were separated into different booklets, and you could only have one at the beginning. When you were ready to switch parks, you had to turn in your first packet in order to get your second packet, and there was no going back.
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Re: The Poor Unfortunate Soles Gumball Rally Trip Report

Next we knocked out the rest of Paradise Pier, and we ran into Powered By Pixie Dust as we were leaving Mermaid.

Then, at the Bakery Tour, we were one of several teams all trying to locate the answers while munching on sourdough bread.

The last DCA stop for us was Hollywoodland, where we saw two more teams in line for Monsters!

proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Comment

After that, we headed over to Big Thunder with Dead Men Blow No Bubbles, and enjoyed chatting with them some more while in line for the Wildest Ride In The Wilderness. However, after Big Thunder, we headed off in opposite directions again.

After a successful Rally, we headed back to the Anabella for the Awards Party. All in all, it was another great year making memories with good friends!

Comment

Excellent trip report! We look forward to seeing all of you at the Rally next year! :meet:
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

It was so awesome to get to see you at Heimlich's, chat with you on the Mark Twain and again on Storybook! Sorry we "ditched" you and Dead Men Blow No Bubbles after the Mark Twain - we made a complete 180 to our thinking and yelled goodbye but were worried you didn't hear us. Awesome pics - thanks for taking our pic on Storybook! - and we cannot wait to see you (and your parents) next year!!

Comment

No problem! I thought you had changed your mind about Big Thunder when you took the other exit from the Twain, but it's more fun to joke that you ditched us.

I'm so glad we got to meet up again later in the day! Looking forward to next year!

Comment

Great article and pictures! I don't know how you did it already, I am just recovering from Gumball Rally weekend and I didn't have to travel!!

I want to thank you both for inviting me to join their team for this year's MiceChat Gumball Rally​! We each had been doing the Rally with other teams and this year neither of our other teammates were doing the race, so they thought of inviting me onto their team "Poor Unfortunate Soles"!!! I am truly grateful that you would consider me...I'm especially grateful that you chose to stay with me after getting reports of my possible competitiveness and possible need for control!!! I'm glad to report that after some initial testing of resolve on each side, we came to make really good decisions TOGETHER! Every decision we made, we all agreed upon before we moved on (and we moved on quickly)!! You were our MVP, you not only helped us play the game with the best decisions, but you also took pictures, and carried the torch of the former "Team Spirit" award winning team, by always noticing other teams and initiating contact!!! You both made the day much more fun, as I tend to get overly focused on the game and won't even notice other teams around me! It was truly a great (although exhausting) day that I will always remember, I would love to partner with these two again, I know we did well this year and don't doubt we could place in the future (although I understand that they have their family team and lots of other friends to play with)!!!!! Thank you to all the MiceChat Gumball Rally crew!!! Thank you for making one of my favorite days of the year, a pleasure once again!!!! <3

Comment

Wonderful trip report, Bookwyrm! We're really sorry that we missed the Rally this year, but it looks like you guys did a wonderful job in bringing the fun along with you!!

Instead of rallying, we were in the land of Seuss:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Seussical.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	7360202

Also fun, but in a very different way!

We will see all of you next year at the Rally!!
                Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

Comment

Great Trip Report! I had not even considered that Disneyland had early admission when we made our decision to start there......I think that you guys made the right tactical decision to start in California Adventure. Thanks again for your help on Big Thunder - we would have skipped it without you.

Lastly, I wanted to say what a huge impression you made on us at the finish line. As we approached it we saw several teams hanging out or walking away, but you guys were right there at the line loudly cheering everyone on - it is your positive attitude and sportsmanship that make the Rally so fun to participate in every year!

Comment

Wait... did you say what place you got??

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Great trip report! (And not just because we were in it ) It was great to cross paths with you and, as others have stated, your positive and friendly attitudes make the Rally even more enjoyable.
                      sigpicGumball Rally 2015: The Beatle Girls, formerly known as The Beagle Girls

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                        They didn't, because I was wondering the same thing!
                        Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Thanks for another great rally report! I'm so sad we missed it this year, but your report almost makes me feel like we were there! See you next year!

Comment

Great report!! It was great seeing you guys again and we look forward to seeing team "It Just Doesn't Matterhorn" next year! We had a wonderful time this year.
                            Never give up! Never surrender!

Comment

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                              Duh! The place they were at was Disneyland!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X