Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Blueprints/Schematics for DL's Small World Facade

Hi everyone! I've recently been working on a Google Sketchup Rendering of the facade for it's a small world at Disneyland and I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any blueprints out there that would give a full "view" of the facade itself as I've been able to recreate the first "layer" of the facade but its hard to see the structure behind whats immediately out front, even from the Disneyland Railroad. Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Progress 15wr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	7377633
    ^Here's what I have so far, it looks weird without all the other "layers" in the back
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Re: Blueprints/Schematics for DL's Small World Facade

I'm afraid I can't help you, but I fully support this project! I've been wanting a good elevation view of the facade for years.
    Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

These are the two I've found
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8446800616/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3436100952/

Comment

Hi there, I'm the guy who drew those elevations. Thanks for linking to me. If you need any further help or have ideas/ info on how to improve them let me know.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone! I think I'll just draw in that last side the best I can and see how it comes out, hopefully some research pictures from the back of the train will help next time I go

Comment

Hey there. I realize this is an older post and perhaps you're already finished with your project. I created a similar project in Google Sketchup a few years ago -- never completely finished it -- as a prelude to building a complete physical model of the IASW facade.

I've attached a few screen shots of my model and some renderings. My goal for my project was to create a version of the facade as it appeared prior to the ToonTown installation. Sharp eyes will notice I took some liberties to truncate the very far eastern portion of the structure (these modifications occur to the right of the "NotreDame" section, very far right side... this was so that my physical model would be symmetrical).

The last image shows the very back section of the facade (this section is attached to the south wall of the IASW show building). This shows all of the actual panels and steel support beams. (I was able to obtain a large number of reference photos of this and other sections and extrapolate actual measurements).

I hope this helps you!

D.

Name:	Screen shot 2011-09-20 at 12.43.42 AM.jpg
Views:	1404
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	8599054

Name:	Full Model 2012-1-26 3.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	8599051

Name:	Full Model 2012-1-26 7.jpg
Views:	1408
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	8599052

Name:	IASW 11-30-11 B.jpg
Views:	1232
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	8599053

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	8599055

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	8599056

Comment

Originally posted by junglecruise67 View Post
              Hey there. I realize this is an older post and perhaps you're already finished with your project. I created a similar project in Google Sketchup a few years ago -- never completely finished it -- as a prelude to building a complete physical model of the IASW facade.

I've attached a few screen shots of my model and some renderings. My goal for my project was to create a version of the facade as it appeared prior to the ToonTown installation. Sharp eyes will notice I took some liberties to truncate the very far eastern portion of the structure (these modifications occur to the right of the "NotreDame" section, very far right side... this was so that my physical model would be symmetrical).

The last image shows the very back section of the facade (this section is attached to the south wall of the IASW show building). This shows all of the actual panels and steel support beams. (I was able to obtain a large number of reference photos of this and other sections and extrapolate actual measurements).

I hope this helps you!

D.

That is a GREAT rendition of the Small World facade! I actually forgot that this thread was around and I never did quite finish it as a result of a combination of not be able to find reference photos and a loss of interest. I like the fact that you rendered it pre Toontown which is also what I was aiming for as well. Through research I did for the project, it would seem Disney relocated part of those bits by the Disneyland Railroad tracks when Toontown opened up but not all. I figured most of the back was plain anyways below the cutouts on the front layer of the facade since they wouldn't be visible to guests.

I might solder on with the project but I haven't decided yet. I do have to decide whether to continue doing what I was doing or if I want to do the new 2018/2019 additions/modifications they made with the new parade gate. I believe all of that is new past the old Cast Member entrance and none of it was recycled from what was there.

Comment

When comes to Disneyland
                Small World Facade,
                I find it as a Art form ,of it self !
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I know that I'm reviving a very, VERY dead thread. but is there any more? I'm looking for a way to make the small world clock and façade in O scale.
                  I'm hoping to be able to make it work (somehow) like the real thing as a wall clock with my train running in front of it in my living room.
                  I am Scary Scott,
                  Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                  I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                  Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                  Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                  Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                  Originally posted by Karalora
                  This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                  Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                  Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Scott View Post
                    I know that I'm reviving a very, VERY dead thread. but is there any more? I'm looking for a way to make the small world clock and façade in O scale.
                    I'm hoping to be able to make it work (somehow) like the real thing as a wall clock with my train running in front of it in my living room.
                    Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I did end up losing or misplacing the file as I was nearing completion on it. I had finished nearly all the front visible sections but hadn't fully rendered or just didn't have enough reference photos for the back.

I would recommend looking into maybe printing out a high quality image and applying it to a sturdy hardboard or something as a possible solution? I had intended to eventually build part of the facade out of basswood or styrene in O or 1/48th scale but had never really figured out the logistics.

Comment

Love how Disneyland Railroad .....work well , with the over all Small World Facade!
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X