• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nephythys
    Original Mice-Chatter
    • Jan 2005

Submarine Voyage - questions

I searched and can't find- when is the Sub Voyage supposed to be done?

I was planning a trip July 2006, but the more I think of it, the more I think I should postpone til 2007 because I thought I read somewhere that the Subs will open that year.

Can someone direct me to reliable info?
  • Hilsbro
    The Useless Prince
    • Apr 2005

Re: Submarine Voyage - questions

Yea they open Spring of 2007, according to the construction wall

Comment

• Nephythys
      Original Mice-Chatter
      • Jan 2005

Thank you-

While it grieves me to put off any trip to DLR- I will forgo seeing the 50th Fireworks in order to ride the new Subs.

Comment

• Hilsbro
        The Useless Prince
        • Apr 2005

Aww....The fireworks are so wonderful...But hey you will be able to watch what ever show they do after the 50th show....

Comment

• Nephythys
          Original Mice-Chatter
          • Jan 2005

I've seen the 50th Fireworks. I was there the day before Memorial Day last year- so I've seen them. And yes, they are wow. The kids have not seen them- but they all agree that putting off til next year is a better choice.

Comment

• Hilsbro
            The Useless Prince
            • Apr 2005

Good, hey 2 least you will have family together time @ DLR!!

Comment

• Nephythys
              Original Mice-Chatter
              • Jan 2005

Provided the subs open when they are supposed to

Comment

• Disney Wrassler
                Get the Iodine!
                MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                • Jul 2005

Out of curiosity, Neph have you been able to experience the sub ride before it closed? If not, no matter what the newest theme will be, just getting in those subs is an experience in itself. I hope you will like them because that ride is just very unique.

Comment

• Nephythys
                  Original Mice-Chatter
                  • Jan 2005

DW- I gew up going to DL. The subs are an old friend. I want them back no matter what theme it comes back with.

I was so sad when they closed and I feared my children would never get to experience them (except for the videos) so I am happy to have them back. That's why I think I will put the trip off until 2007.

Comment

• Disney Wrassler
                    Get the Iodine!
                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Nephythys
                    DW- I gew up going to DL. The subs are an old friend. I want them back no matter what theme it comes back with.

I was so sad when they closed and I feared my children would never get to experience them (except for the videos) so I am happy to have them back. That's why I think I will put the trip off until 2007.
                    I agree. People complain about the Nemo theme and I tell them it is either fill the lagoon up for the low rate Pooh play area or bring the subs back with a new Nemo theme. It was either one or the other with no "Ifs", "ands", or "buts" about it. We should all be happy with the fact alone that we are getting our subs back reguardless..

I grew up at Disneyland too till I moved out of state. But the subs would be worth visiting the park for.

Comment

• Nephythys
                      Original Mice-Chatter
                      • Jan 2005

I agree.

I tallied it up- by putting off the trip I lose seeing the new Pirates movie in DTD, and I lose the chance for the kids to see the 50th Fireworks.

But by putting it off I gain more time to save money, the subs will be open, there will be something new for fireworks and I will also get to include Davis, my oldest son, in the trip. If I go this year he can't go with us.

So it all works out- we are going to get passes to the local 6 Flags and Water World for the summer fun. That plus I get to go to DL myself in October :lol: The kids can wait one more year- plus I am planning WDW in December 2008. So they will get their Disney dose.

I feel bad- because we have been discussing the July trip for a while now, but they all seem to be on board for waiting.

Comment

• Disney Wrassler
                        Get the Iodine!
                        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                        • Jul 2005

that's cool. Plus the new pirate additions will be around when you get there too. So you will also get to experience two new things in the park.

Comment

• Nephythys
                          Original Mice-Chatter
                          • Jan 2005

The whole July trip was planned around the Pirates thing. The movie and the attraction. That and the hope to see the fireworks again.

When I go in October I'll get the kids golden ears, and maybe someone could video tape the fireworks for me, maybe.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X