This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Room

Last edited by Dirton; 03-23-2005, 09:56 AM.

The whole atmosphere, really. I love the huge screens in the main room and the character quiz over at Beast's library. Hoping to become an animator myself, this is the place for me.
    I lurk.

Comment

I like the little queue for Walt: One Man's Dream. It's very interesting and shows a nice little history of Walt Disney's creations.
      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

I love all the character displays in the main movie room- there is an awesome one for tink!
        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
        Help support the site you love:
        -Visit the MiceChat store
        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
          I like the little queue for Walt: One Man's Dream. It's very interesting and shows a nice little history of Walt Disney's creations.
          Is this the same film that is shown at MGM in the One Man's Dream attraction? If so, I'm very happy, because I loved that film and it'll be nice to see it this summer
          BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
          I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

yeah, it is the same film.
            "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

I am totally with you Dirton! I love that place! I also look forward to the Hercules music because it takes me back to the Hercules parade for which I did guest control like every day! I love that whole animation building!

Also not to be missed in DCA is It's tough to be a BUg! I LOVE that show. It scared the HELL out of me the first time I saw it and since then I have taken a bunch of my friends and Family to see it and they loved it to. I also love Screamin and the Alladin show and ToT and the area where you can walk on trails and play and climb- we would spend hours in there and I can't remember what it's called!

As an AP, I loved DCA, but I can see why people who pay the admission for the park are disappointed with it.
              Last edited by TinkPink; 03-22-2005, 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling, as usual
              �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Ditto, times 7. Dirton, as usual you've come up with a great thread. That room is so amazing, and so generally underappreciated.

I'd LOVE to hang out at the parks with you and TinkPink. And your new wife.

Comment

Okay Speederscout, can I just call you Ben Afleck cuz that would make me happy?
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Love love love the Animation Studio. My friend and I are obsessed with the clips they play in the main room. I really love the room with all of the character development sketches. We like to sit there a couple times through and wait for characters to come in (AWESOME on rainy days).

Comment

When I was researching having my wedding at DLR, I found out that you can have your reception there after DCA closes- what a beautiful place to have a party!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                        When I was researching having my wedding at DLR, I found out that you can have your reception there after DCA closes- what a beautiful place to have a party!

NO WAY! thats freaking awesome. I would love to have my reception there!

Comment

I swear! You should have looked into it sooner

I had an amazingly beautiful wedding planned at the park until I realized I couldn't afford it. So we just got married at a castle in Escondido and went to the park the next day.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                            I swear! You should have looked into it sooner

I had an amazingly beautiful wedding planned at the park until I realized I couldn't afford it. So we just got married at a castle in Escondido and went to the park the next day.
                            How much is it?

Comment

mucho grande expensivo! The wedding I planned out (which was very modest I must say, not as elaborate as it could have been) was 10,000 probably. The wedding I WANTED- (I.E. in front of the castle at night, reception inside fantasyland) is easily 100,000.

Most people I talked to spent about 25,000 which I know is what gets spent on a wedding sometimes normally, but I just couldn't afford that.

But I had Beauty and the Beast invites and the most beautiful cupcake wedding cake picked out.

<sigh>

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

I LOVE the ursula voice thing area LOL... All of the theming just so works the lighting there is awesome how it looks like reflected light from the surface of the ocean. I still kinda wonder how they did the ursula "screen" thing, I looked closely I think it was some kind of projected peppers ghost effect simular to the people dissappearing on TOT. But it was so well done I was amazed how cool it was. My only real complaint is I wish for these interactive things they had there, that they had a place you could pay a nominal fee to take home "recordings", or in beasts library a print out of your character. Beasts library was my second fave part, again I couldnt figure out how they did the magic rose in the bell jar... it was just really awesome. Third fave was the magic mirror. I didnt get to see the walt movie they said they were having problems with the projector that day. The animation building is truly magical, and in my opinion the only real main reason to see DCA (havnt seen TOT yes there so that may be a draw as well).

Comment

oooo, the couches in there are soooo comfy!
                                  Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                  Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                                  Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                                  Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                                  Marge: Pink.
                                  Homer: D'oh!
                                  Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

One of the best tributes to Animation I have ever seen. I love the whole place!
                                    www.deliciousmayhem.net
                                    www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

That building is so cool and it is "cool" too. Love to go in there during the summer to "Chill out"

Comment

Originally posted by swagdaddy
                                        One of the best tributes to Animation I have ever seen. I love the whole place!
                                        Yeah and I really like how they move them around all the time. But most of the time I just sit on the floor. Last time I went though some of the special effects weren't working, like the moving lights for "An Actors Life for Me". I hope they fixed it because I love running around with those. It makes me feel like I'm ten again.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X