Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Dapper Dans get their walking papers, last day is March 25th

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dapper Dans get their walking papers, last day is March 25th

I just got a heads up that the Dapper Dans got their official notice that is required by the collective bargaining agreement from the Entertainment Department that they are being terminated.

It is a major shame that these guys are getting the boot, so here is a chance to make sure and check them out one last time (or more than once, since you have about a month.)

They have been terminated before, and then brought back, so hopefully this is just a tactic to keep the salaries down.

But I think stopping by and thanking the group would really help right now!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Dapper Dans get their walking papers, last day is March 25th

WTF? That sucks. They're one of my favorite parts of DL... Mainstreet isn't the same without them... I'm going to go write an angry letter...
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
    sigpic

Comment

Noooooooooo!!! SAy it isn't so!!!!!! I love those guys (not in a brokeback mt way).
      Growing older is manditory
      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Woah ... wait a minute.

They have been with DL since day one. SOB.

Comment

So sorry to hear that, will make a special point of stopping by next time I'm in the Park! They will be missed, but hopefully your right Darkbeer, and they will return, possibly back for the summer crowds??!!
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

How incredibly sad! The kids and I always make a point of stopping to listen to them when we see them on Main Street.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Very sad. Is this going to end up being another paper trail of pink slips similar to what we experienced a while back which included the termination of the New Orleans Square mime and other NOS street entertainers?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Oh no! I love them!

Comment

That is a shame. They make my DL trip every time. it's not going to be the same.

Comment

That is Outrageous! They even appeared in the Haunted Mansion film. How can they credit the Dapper Dans and then get rid of them. Nobody would know who they are. I hope that you are right about it being just a tactic. They are an essential part of Main Street.

Comment

Oh no, that is a shame. We were just at the park a couple of weeks ago and my 2 year old LOVED them. That is one of the things that is so special about the park is that there is something that apeals to every age range. They also add to the atmosphere and just make it more magical.
                      As we had not been to the park since 2001 hubby and I were noticing all of the changes. We noticed a big change in how much time the princess spent with our kids and all of the great musicians. It is very sad that they would take the Dapper Dans away.
                      "You can't judge a book by its cover."
                      "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Comment

I just saw them yesterday! With the rumour about Rod Miller not returning and now this, this is a sad day for Main Street Entertainment.

Comment

GRRRRRR!!!! I'm gonna go Hulk on whoever made that decision!!!
                          Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                          http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                          sigpic

Comment

Let me just say that Al Lutz does know about this, and is looking into the matter, and maybe will have some new news next week in his update (of course, never, ever a promise that an update is coming, just saying IF one would happen...)

As much as writing a letter is helpful, I still think stopping by and saying thanks is the way to go!
                            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Bummer, I won't make it back in time to see them again.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X