Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Resort East

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disneyland Resort East

    What if Disney bought a lot of land across from Disneyland to the east, tore down all buildings, and built a large adission to Disneyland? If you were in charge of this project, how would you do it?

    Here's how I would do it:

    I would build three theme parks: Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney Sea, and The Old Disneyland (I park a designed myself, here's a link to a discussion thread of this theme park
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18762)

    I would Have two water parks: Disney's Water City (my own idea) and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon.

    I would have several hotels: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Disneyland Grand Hotel, and others.

    I would have the Disneyland Monorail link Disneyland Resort East and Disneyland Resort Main.

    -This is how I would do it, how would you do it?

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland Resort East

    Thoughts?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland Resort East

      Of course, it sounds wonderful. I am all for new parks.

      I would say, though, that I am not in favor of water parks in So Cal. There are just too many months it is TOO cold to be in the water. I do think that there are many different types of parks that could be built. Just let your imagination go free.

      There is a problem of the neighborhood. The locals don't like growth. Even though Disneyland was there first and it is a major tax resource for the area, the locals don't want more traffic and congestion. It is too bad. It would be hard to get this through the local city council.

      But I do want more parks. It is possible that Disney could convince the city to allow another park. I am not sure that three new parks could be sold right now.
      Jiminy Cricket Fan
      .................................

      Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland Resort East

        Maybe not, but we can all dream, and maybe some day...

        As for the water parks, I would just have them open from the first monday in May, until Labor Day in September.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland Resort East

          Animal Kingdom is not a good idea in a town so close to the monster-sized San Diego Zoo. Maybe if they spun off the Mythical Beast Kingdom idea that was originally supposed to be part of DAK into it's own theme park, it would work.

          If we're going to builld more hotels on the East end, I would like to steal a page from WDW and build a hotel that looks appropriate from Tomorrowland on the edge against the park. This would allow us to finally tear down the berm a little bit on that side. I wouldn't rip off the Contemporary, though. Perhaps make something that fits in alongside Space Mountain?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland Resort East

            Originally posted by Disneyland's#1fan!
            What if Disney bought a lot of land across from Disneyland to the east, tore down all buildings, and built a large adission to Disneyland? If you were in charge of this project, how would you do it?

            Here's how I would do it:

            I would build three theme parks: Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney Sea, and The Old Disneyland (I park a designed myself, here's a link to a discussion thread of this theme park
            http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18762)

            I would Have two water parks: Disney's Water City (my own idea) and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon.

            I would have several hotels: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Disneyland Grand Hotel, and others.

            I would have the Disneyland Monorail link Disneyland Resort East and Disneyland Resort Main.

            -This is how I would do it, how would you do it?
            If you mean the area across Harbor where those old hotels are located, I'm all over the idea of Disney taking it. I could see Downtown Disney extended over Harbor and linked to new hotel/s and one more park. There is only enough space for one good park and some hotels.

            The hotels need to be taller than the Grand Californian so they don't take up too much real estate.

            The trick is what would the third park be? Given the problems with DCA, they can't afford to build cheap nor can they afford to build a great park at opening without a great deal of money invested. EPCOT would not be repeatable in Anaheim, MGM Studios is already DCA, Animal Kingdom is too small, Disney Seas without Japanese money...I don't think so. So I'm not sure what would go there. Perhaps our new management may have bigger ideas than the last.
            "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland Resort East

              Originally posted by MickeyMania
              Animal Kingdom is not a good idea in a town so close to the monster-sized San Diego Zoo. Maybe if they spun off the Mythical Beast Kingdom idea that was originally supposed to be part of DAK into it's own theme park, it would work.

              If we're going to builld more hotels on the East end, I would like to steal a page from WDW and build a hotel that looks appropriate from Tomorrowland on the edge against the park. This would allow us to finally tear down the berm a little bit on that side. I wouldn't rip off the Contemporary, though. Perhaps make something that fits in alongside Space Mountain?
              As far as the San Diego Zoo and Animal Kingdom, it will be survival of the fittest, only one can survive. Why can't Animal Kingdom survive and San Diego Zoo fail?

              Many people who go to Disneyland go to the San Diego Zoo aswell. By adding Animal Kingdom, 80% of the people that previosly were going to SD Zoo will go to Animal Kingdom instead, another 10% will go to both, and the surviving 10% will go to SD Zoo.

              And, some will just go to Animal Kingdom if they have a park hopper. Along with that, you have a few who don't want to drive to San Diego from DL, but would go to Animal Kingdom if it were there.

              My point is, Animal Kingom would have a 90% chance of surviving (that's pretty good) and the San Diego Zoo would have a chance if they tried hard. It is possible for both to survive, but it is probabal that AK will survive and SD Zoo will fail. It is also a small chance AK will fail and SD Zoo won't or that both will fail, but it has almost no chance.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland Resort East

                Well, you also forget that Animal Kingdom in Florida is huge. Much larger than Disney would be able to buy in urban Anaheim. Plus the San Deigo Zoo is more than just a tourist attraction. It provides real research and conservation help... one of the best facilities in the world.

                A zoo isn't a theme park.
                St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

                "Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert




                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland Resort East

                  Originally posted by Disneyland's#1fan!
                  As far as the San Diego Zoo and Animal Kingdom, it will be survival of the fittest, only one can survive. Why can't Animal Kingdom survive and San Diego Zoo fail?

                  Many people who go to Disneyland go to the San Diego Zoo aswell. By adding Animal Kingdom, 80% of the people that previosly were going to SD Zoo will go to Animal Kingdom instead, another 10% will go to both, and the surviving 10% will go to SD Zoo.

                  And, some will just go to Animal Kingdom if they have a park hopper. Along with that, you have a few who don't want to drive to San Diego from DL, but would go to Animal Kingdom if it were there.

                  My point is, Animal Kingom would have a 90% chance of surviving (that's pretty good) and the San Diego Zoo would have a chance if they tried hard. It is possible for both to survive, but it is probabal that AK will survive and SD Zoo will fail. It is also a small chance AK will fail and SD Zoo won't or that both will fail, but it has almost no chance.
                  Here's a quote of myself. Consider this people. It's gold...

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X