This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Skyway...

The Skyway was a classic attraction in both Fantasyland and Tomorrowland that opened in 1956 and closed in 1994.

Re: The Skyway...

Prove it.

Comment

My friend knows the guy who got the ride closed down. :thumbdown
      Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

I was not able to see the Skyway...My first time to Disneyland was in 1995....it looks like a fun way to see the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland's#1fan!
          The Skyway was a classic attraction in both Fantasyland and Tomorrowland that opened in 1956 and closed in 1994.
          It was a great ride. I am so glad my kids got to go on it before it closed. Contrary to the rumor otherwise, the ride was closed due to maintenance.
          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by brerrbit1
            I was not able to see the Skyway...My first time to Disneyland was in 1995....it looks like a fun way to see the park.
            It was fun, and a great way to get an alternate viewpoint on the park but it was kind of an eyesore. I mean, look at those support towers. Personally, I'm glad it closed because the big pastel buckets floating in the sky didn't really do it for me.

Comment

It was closed because it could not meet the new Handicapped regulations imposed by the Federal Government. The redo would have cost a fortune.

I know that this will cause trouble, but I am going to go ahead and say it.

I was glad to see it go. It ruined the skyline, allowed you to see things you weren't supposed to see (like flat roofs with big air conditioning units on top of the Castle buildings) and at night the spotlight just ruined the lighting effects in Fantasyland. We are much better off without it.
              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy
                It was closed because it could not meet the new Handicapped regulations imposed by the Federal Government. The redo would have cost a fortune.

I know that this will cause trouble, but I am going to go ahead and say it.

I was glad to see it go. It ruined the skyline, allowed you to see things you weren't supposed to see (like flat roofs with big air conditioning units on top of the Castle buildings) and at night the spotlight just ruined the lighting effects in Fantasyland. We are much better off without it.
                I disagree

Comment

I miss it...I loved it...I didn't think it was an eye sore and I see alot of stuff that most liekly is not suppose to be seen from the monorail...whats the big deal about that?....oh, unless you live in a fantasy world and think everything at DL is rainbows and roses....I know it's not and I still like it there...LOL

Comment

Well, that's your opinion and I have mine. I have been going to Disneyland since the day it opened, and I was 13 then so I was old enough to understand things. And no, I don't live in a Fantasy World at all. But when I am in Disneyland I want the Fantasy that Walt built to remain just that. Fantasy. And seeing the tops of things inside Disneyland was not part of that Fantasy. And it was ugly, at night the different colored lighting in Fantasyland was completly washed out by the horid bight white spotlights of the Skyway. And it was closed due to handicapped regulations regardless of what you beleive. Think about it.
                    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                      I miss it...I loved it...I didn't think it was an eye sore and I see alot of stuff that most liekly is not suppose to be seen from the monorail...whats the big deal about that?....oh, unless you live in a fantasy world and think everything at DL is rainbows and roses....I know it's not and I still like it there...LOL
                      I full heartedly agree with you! At least someone here feels how I feel. Even if you saw these things, what makes you think you shouldn't see them? It's stuff people know are there, they have to be by law, so what's wrong with seeing it? At least we know they're not breaking a law.

Comment

I want the Fantasy that Walt built to remain just that.
                        so, walt put a ride in his fantasy park that ruined the fantasy...and he was ok with that?...amazing...to think walt would approve of such a ride....it's just shocking...but maybe he wanted it that way.....

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t
                          It was a great ride. I am so glad my kids got to go on it before it closed. Contrary to the rumor otherwise, the ride was closed due to maintenance.
                          Contrary to what rumor do you know of?
                          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I thought Pressler had the ride closed when Indy opened?

Cost of running verses ride capacity per hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland's#1fan!

And what did it do, this so called 'classic attraction'?
                              Tref ...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X