This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Alweg Monorail...

The Disneyland Alweg Monorail opened at Disneyland in 1959, it replace a ride called the Viewliner. The sleek cars were a 50s retro style, approprate for the time. During its time, it recieved an expansion in 1961 lengthening the track, and adding an extra car on. In 1968 it was replaced with the Mark III monorail. The Mark II was replaced by the Mark V in 1987, and is still in operation today. The Mark V is set to be replaced by newer monorail trains within the next two years.

Re: Disneyland Alweg Monorail...

I loved the older style Alweg Monorail with the bubble top. I can hardly wait to see what the new trains are going to look like as it has been rumored that they will have the "retro" look.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy
      I loved the older style Alweg Monorail with the bubble top. I can hardly wait to see what the new trains are going to look like as it has been rumored that they will have the "retro" look.
      Realy, I haven't heard much about it yet...But, the point is it will be grand whatever it is (I hope at least...)!

Comment

come on, let's here your replies, your memories. Who likes the DL Alweg Monorail? Your replies welcome...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X