X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchimedes
    replied
    When I was there Sunday, they only ran Two trains, Fred Gurley, and one other, They would slowly pass the Tommorrow land Station they could have used a third train on Monday, longer wait then usual. The crowds were enormous on Monday. But it is great to see them back.

One thing that concerns me, Are they thinking of replacing it?

Leave a comment:

• Steve DeGaetano
    replied
    I believe the spiel changed in late 2003, so Thurl hasn't been around for a while.

And sources tell me that only half of the track was replaced, roughly beginning near the Indian on the banks of the Rivers of America, ending at the Diorama. The work, carried out by Sharp & Fellows (a professional railroad contractor) is said to be exemplary.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 03-24-2005, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AStarOnMars
    replied
    I do not think it was Thurl Ravenscroft voice back when I was there in early January before the rehab ...

b/c I remember telling my BF when I was 12 there was no room on the train for my best friend and I to sit and a CM unlocked the caboose and we had it all to ourselves (with the CM, he was transferring from Main Street to TL) and the CM was telling us things about the park on our ride ... one was the fact that the Tony the Tiger voice did the narration for the train ... then it clicked in my head on our January trip it was not the same voice anymore

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied
    Originally posted by dramaqueen
    just bring your ipod and load it up with the original audio mP3's so you can tune out the new crap
    That's a damn innovative idea!

Maybe I should play my MP3 of ATIS while I'm on Star Tours. Instead of comets, I'll be crashing into the molecules! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    just bring your ipod and load it up with the original audio mP3's so you can tune out the new crap

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    True. I wish they didn't just have an "impersonater" of him. Might better have been a completely different "type" of voice all together.

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied
    Glad I still have the MP3 of the Thurl version of the spiel. I hate it when they update stuff like that with cornball versions.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Why cant they do that? Is Thurl still alive? Who is doing the voice for Tony the Tiger now?

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Bell
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
    I don't think it was him who did that line to begin with, but I could be wrong But the dialogue that you hear while on the train is definately someone else now.
    That guy is so corny, its ridiculous. BRING BACK TONY THE TIGER!!

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    I don't think it was him who did that line to begin with, but I could be wrong But the dialogue that you hear while on the train is definately someone else now.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    awww- I will miss it- I used to hear him ALLL DAY LONG telling when the trains pulled in! ALL ABOARD!

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    They don't have Thurl Ravenscroft *Tony the Tiger* doing the voice over in the train. Very sad to no hear him.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    They pulled up all of the track, regraded and laid new track. They also replaced the visual block signal system with cab signals, which from the latest reports is not functioning properly. Trains have been running by getting clearance to enter each block by radio.I've heard that this slows things down, as they can't dispatch until the train ahead pulls out of the station.

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied
    Going Friday....hopefully will get a chance to ride it....Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• thndrmtnskp
    replied
    it is open but i haven't been on it yet. most of its refurb was on the track but i think they did a clean up on the dioramas. i'll find out for ya.

Leave a comment:

• Deogge's Mom
    replied
    I rode it Saturday night after the fireworks. Tomorrowland station is still closed. I didn't notice any changes in the Grand Canyon or Primeval World. There was no sound through most of the trip and when there was sound, it was out of sync with the trip.

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    started a topic DLRR - Heard it is open....

DLRR - Heard it is open....

Heard the train is now up and running, but doesn't stop at the TL station. Has anyone been on it? Does the Grand Canyon and Primeval World display have any changes or improvements.....do you even see it, or is it still under rehab?

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X