This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden items in Monster's Inc Ride?

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before, and if they have, then sorry @_@

You know how they like to put an item of the old ride into the new ride that is being built upon it in rembrance of the old ride? (Ex. Indy has the Eeyore sign in the queue) Well, has anyone spotted anything from the old SSL in the new Monster's Inc ride(even if noone really wants to remember it :sweat? Just wondering, because I just like spotting out these things!

Oh and has anyone seen the phantom fish in DL lately? The last two times I checked they weren't working, and I wonder if they work at all now.

Re: Hidden items in Monster's Inc Ride?

The CDA characters are the old movie stars: Jackie Chan, Drew Carey, etc...
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

That's neat to hear. Hopefully I'll get to see Monsters Inc in person one day. From the videos that I have on my computer, I think I would have really liked Superstar Limo though. I "got" the humor of the attraction and saw how it didn't take itself (or it's subject matter) serious one bit. As an outsider who has never been to California, I thought it was pretty spot on in spoofing the sterotypes of the state and, again, not taking them seriously. To me, it looked like a pretty entertaining throwback to the old Fantasyland dark rides in a decent sized show building. I just hate that I'll never actually get to see it in action, much like Rocket Rods, which is another attraction that looked unbelieveably fun from internet videos.

Comment

Originally posted by dxwwf3
        That's neat to hear. Hopefully I'll get to see Monsters Inc in person one day. From the videos that I have on my computer, I think I would have really liked Superstar Limo though. I "got" the humor of the attraction and saw how it didn't take itself (or it's subject matter) serious one bit. As an outsider who has never been to California, I thought it was pretty spot on in spoofing the sterotypes of the state and, again, not taking them seriously. To me, it looked like a pretty entertaining throwback to the old Fantasyland dark rides in a decent sized show building. I just hate that I'll never actually get to see it in action, much like Rocket Rods, which is another attraction that looked unbelieveably fun from internet videos.
        Believe me, the ride may seem interesting on video but in person it just has no comeback quality and the ride just didnt have a good story to begin with at all and left nothing to the imagination.

The first time I went to DCA, I went on this ride and my parents said that was a dumb ride, I didn't think it was dumb, just that it was not cleverly put together and I felt no need to comeback unless they fixed it up and I didn't do so until Monsters Inc arrived.
        "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

As for hidden items, I think there is a picture of the mummy character from Nightmare Before Christmas, I mean, he is a monster. I believe the pic is at the beginning of the ride on the second story of the buildings in the window.
          "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

The only things I know they left were the 3 lights in the load area right above the cab you get into. The CDA guys are cut up celebs from the SuperStar. The Hallway scene is the same as well as the media truck.

Comment

Um, well, the cars you ride in are the same as the old SSL ride.

I think its a good thing that they didn't put any "reminders" of SSL in Monsters. It took them years to de-crapola the place to begin with, why put the ick back in?

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

THey use the same cras, right? Isn't that enough?
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

same car different body

Comment

There is a hidden mickey in the doors room when Boo is hitting Randel it changes fast so you have to look carefully and there is also HM wall paper!

Comment

Originally posted by Trixster
                      same car different body
                      Sure looks like the exact same cars to me! They didn't even change the color.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

What are the Phantom fish ?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X