Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

    Did anyone else get their Backstage Pass today?

    It mentions that the monorail will soon only make one-way trips between Downtown Disney and Tomorrowland. The "operating hours will vary throughout the day". Also the Monorail will be "reserved for Guests of the Resort's hotels".
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

  • #2
    Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

    Originally posted by MaleficentFan
    Did anyone else get their Backstage Pass today?

    It mentions that the monorail will soon only make one-way trips between Downtown Disney and Tomorrowland. The "operating hours will vary throughout the day". Also the Monorail will be "reserved for Guests of the Resort's hotels".
    The Monorail is already making only one-way trips. This is due to the construction on Finding Nemo. It is only reserved for guests of the hotels during extremely busy times - normally right around opening and closing of the park.


    "WHY is the rum always gone???"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

      Originally posted by MsNikkiCole
      The Monorail is already making only one-way trips. This is due to the construction on Finding Nemo. It is only reserved for guests of the hotels during extremely busy times - normally right around opening and closing of the park.
      I was about to say the same thing, but I think I'm going to verify that information first. It's entirely possible that the monorail will only run from Downtown Disney to Tomorrowland and not the other way around, because two-way shuttle style traffic is really hard on the cars. This sounds like a modification of the current policy, which as been in effect since late January.

      Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

      "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

        The Backstage Pass does not say that it will soon be making one-way trips, it says it already is. Here is what the Backstage Pass says, in its exact words:

        From the Backstage Pass:
        Monorail switches to one-way service
        You may have already noticed that there's been a change in service by the Disneyland® Resort Monorail. While work busily continues on a new attraction in the submarine lagoon, the Disneyland® Monorail will make only one-way trips between Downtown Disney® District and Tomorrowland. Operating hours will vary throughout the day and use of the Monorail will be reserved for Guests of the Resort's hotels.

        Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

          ^ Right. Sorry. Not soon.

          So basically, it's not "closed" to everyone, but hotel guests have priority?
          Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

            While in DCA the Friday of President's Day weekend, I saw the Monorail going across the Golden Gate Bridge from the Grand Cal to DL. It felt as though I was looking at a negative of a negative. Took a minute to figure out what I had seen.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.



            May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

            NO GOATS!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

              Originally posted by aerinpegadrak
              I was about to say the same thing, but I think I'm going to verify that information first. It's entirely possible that the monorail will only run from Downtown Disney to Tomorrowland and not the other way around, because two-way shuttle style traffic is really hard on the cars. This sounds like a modification of the current policy, which as been in effect since late January.
              If that's the case, then they'll run out of monorails pretty quickly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

                Originally posted by MaleficentFan
                ^ Right. Sorry. Not soon.

                So basically, it's not "closed" to everyone, but hotel guests have priority?
                Well, I would say yes and no. Hotel Guests certainly should have priority as the Monorail service is touted as a benefit of staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, but I highly doubt that Monorail CMs will be checking for everybody's Hotel keys. I don't think they're going to deny anybody a ride on the Monorail if they aren't staying at a DLR Hotel, as that would result in complaints at City Hall and just bad show, but they're certainly going to try to convince us that the Monorail is giving first priority to Hotel Guests through signage and, in this case, printed materials.

                I know for sure that the Monorail currently has a sign outside of the speedramp at the Tomorrowland station that notifies guests that the Monorail is only doing one-way trips. Not sure, though, if it mentions anything about Hotel Guest priority... but I would bet that it does.

                Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

                  sometimes they do have separate lines for hotel guests & non-hotel guests. when we stayed at the hotel for v-day, we were told specifically to carry our hotel pass for the monorail.

                  the thing that i thought was weird was that if you took the trip into DTD, you had to exit the monorail. if you want to go back to DLR, you have to get off and go back in line. big PITA.
                  <o>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

                    Originally posted by pixie chick
                    the thing that i thought was weird was that if you took the trip into DTD, you had to exit the monorail. if you want to go back to DLR, you have to get off and go back in line. big PITA.
                    That's because they want to discourage people from riding it just because it's cool. They're hoping you're riding it to actually get somewhere instead of just having fun riding a Monorail. They get crowded too easily now to just allow for that like they used to.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Backstage Pass gives info on Monorail

                      I ride the Monorail to get into the park, not for fun. Yet I'm still usually not allowed to ride because I'm not a hotel guest, how rude lol. I like the backwardness.

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X