Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-Imagineering

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re-Imagineering

    No, this has NOTHING to do with the recently popular blog (which I do enjoy).

    I assume most of you have heard of mashups. In case you haven't, a mashup is when an artist combines two existing recordings into one new track, thus creating an entirely new and different song from two preexisting songs.

    Cool, huh?

    Well, the thought struck me, what if we did the same thing with Disneyland audio. And so, I present to you, my first completed track of the project, 'Space Mansion'.

    I assume you can figure out where the audio is from (Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, original version).

    Enjoy:

    http://www.carouselofmagic.com/spacemansion.mp3


    I am currently at work on another track, entitled 'Dead Archaeologists Tell No Tales'.













  • #2
    Re: Re-Imagineering

    Originally posted by Club 33
    No, this has NOTHING to do with the recently popular blog (which I do enjoy).

    I assume most of you have heard of mashups. In case you haven't, a mashup is when an artist combines two existing recordings into one new track, thus creating an entirely new and different song from two preexisting songs.

    Cool, huh?

    Well, the thought struck me, what if we did the same thing with Disneyland audio. And so, I present to you, my first completed track of the project, 'Space Mansion'.

    I assume you can figure out where the audio is from (Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, original version).

    Enjoy:

    http://www.carouselofmagic.com/spacemansion.mp3


    I am currently at work on another track, entitled 'Dead Archaeologists Tell No Tales'.
    LOL awesome job!!
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 03-03-2006, 11:03 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Re-Imagineering

      Thanks!












      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Re-Imagineering

        right click and save.
        "Tonight I wash my hands of you
        You set the bar I could not live up to
        Tonight the light is breaking through
        So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
        Zebrahead

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Re-Imagineering

          Originally posted by Hector
          right click and save.
          Thx.

          I think this calls for a light show using this music in my room.
          Here is a video of my other show: http://aquaboxpc.com/seans%20stuff/seanslights.MOV

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Re-Imagineering

            Kinda meh, but good for a first one. It started strong, but then the repeating of the "evil" laughter simply reminded me of Dr. Evil in Austin Powers (not good) And some of the manipulations of the voices were too unnatural even if it was to sync it with the music; it simply took me out of it.

            But I look forward to your future work as I know it will get better.
            "Tonight I wash my hands of you
            You set the bar I could not live up to
            Tonight the light is breaking through
            So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
            Zebrahead

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Re-Imagineering

              Yes, I fought with myself about that laugh, but it gave it an earie feeling, so I kept it, despite it being cheesy. I tried to match the pauses in the voices to the music, but I need to find some better music editing softwear, which will allow me to change the speed and things like that. Oh well.













              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Re-Imagineering

                I would love a Splash of the Caribbean Mountain file.....;-)!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Re-Imagineering

                  You have the timing down right, but it just doesn't gel for some reason. It seems that these kind of projects never seem to work. I have a file somewhere on my drive, I don't know who made it, but it's the Monorail spiel and safety announcements set to an electronic breakbeats number. I'm not sure what the person who was making it was thinking, it made far less sense than what you posted here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Re-Imagineering

                    Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate
                    I would love a Splash of the Caribbean Mountain file.....;-)!
                    Hmmm....


                    In the mean time, here's a one minute preview of the new DATNT file:

                    http://www.carouselofmagic.com/DATNT.mp3












                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Re-Imagineering

                      Originally posted by MickeyMania
                      You have the timing down right, but it just doesn't gel for some reason. It seems that these kind of projects never seem to work. I have a file somewhere on my drive, I don't know who made it, but it's the Monorail spiel and safety announcements set to an electronic breakbeats number. I'm not sure what the person who was making it was thinking, it made far less sense than what you posted here.

                      It never works entirely- it wan't made to, plus I'm an amature. However, it's fun to play around with.












                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Re-Imagineering

                        Originally posted by Club 33
                        It never works entirely- it wan't made to, plus I'm an amature. However, it's fun to play around with.
                        That's ok, it's clean and the audio sounds great and that's what matters. Now, to find that Monorail track...

                        "Please slide down, please slide down, please slide down and make room for everyone... Everyone... Make room for everyone.. Please."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Re-Imagineering

                          Great work on the mash-up, Club33. Really enjoyed it

                          Can't wait to hear the Indy/Pirates one!
                          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Re-Imagineering

                            I loved it, the music matched the dialouge(except when Loleta says "ring a bell") and the laughing part was too much. The Indy/Pirates one sounds cool!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Re-Imagineering

                              Nice work Disneyfreak! That was cool! I always wanted light effects in my room! *sigh* the things i would so with lights.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X