This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Sub overlay would you prefer?

OK, since there's been talk about this recently, I wanted to get a feel for what the average preference was...

Atlantis
    Little Mermaid
    Finding Nemo
    Original Layout

What are your thoughts? Something else besides these options?
    Atlantis
    30.85%
    Little Mermaid
    22.34%
    Finding Nemo
    17.02%
    Original Layout
    29.79%
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Atlantis would be more fitting with the ride system itself, but since it still IS in Tomorrowland, I'd say the classic theme.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

20,000 leagues

Comment

Other

Something orignal with a "technical" type of feel so that it would fit into TL

Comment

None of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Chopsticks
            Other

Something orignal with a "technical" type of feel so that it would fit into TL
            Like what, Mr. C? Anything specific?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
              Like what, Mr. C? Anything specific?
              Investigating some kinda of sea monster/spaceship or on the lines of that. Basically like a dark ride just underwater

Comment

I think Atlantis would fit in perfectly...since the underwater world is still yet to be discovered (in keeping true to the Tomorrowland theme)

As far as a Little Mermaid themed attraction...how about the old motor boat area???
                "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

Comment

Wow I am surprised how original is winning out! I guess I am with the 20,000 Leagues Idea cause I love love love the old live action Disney films!

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                    Wow I am surprised how original is winning out! I guess I am with the 20,000 Leagues Idea cause I love love love the old live action Disney films!
                    The live action 20,000 Leagues is a Disney Classic fav of mine. But then so is the Black Hole, so you can't trust my opinion!

Comment

Man I was too scared to ever see that one- remember the promo montage they used to play in front of the old videos? Kirk Douglas (or whoever it is) spearing that octopus scared the crap out of me!
                      I get the willies just thinking about it!
                      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                      Help support the site you love:
                      -Visit the MiceChat store
                      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

The live action 20,000 Leagues is a Disney Classic fav of mine. But then so is the Black Hole, so you can't trust my opinion!
                        You certainly can, Black Hole rocked! Every live action film up till the late 80s was awesome and we are witnessing the resurg of these classics, I hope they remake a few more, even though I love the originals I love to see how other approach them... maybe a new 20,000 Leagues will gain interest in a ride!

Comment

Hello Everyone! Long time reader first time poster... I would give anything to see the undersea volcano and the googly- eyed sea monster again!

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                            You certainly can, Black Hole rocked! Every live action film up till the late 80s was awesome and we are witnessing the resurg of these classics, I hope they remake a few more, even though I love the originals I love to see how other approach them... maybe a new 20,000 Leagues will gain interest in a ride!
                            The paintins from 20,000 leages in the Gaaleria are beautiful. They totally caputure the feel of the film. It was such a classic... I'm not sure if I'd like a remake, considering how much I loved the original, but who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Formerly Code V
                              Hello Everyone! Long time reader first time poster... I would give anything to see the undersea volcano and the googly- eyed sea monster again!
                              Welcome to the boards, and thanks for the input! Hope you're feeling better than your avatar suggests...

Comment

Maybe it should have new original themeing that does not have to do with a movie but might be based around the future of exploring the oceans or living under the water...
                                "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Retlaw Yensid
                                  Maybe it should have new original themeing that does not have to do with a movie but might be based around the future of exploring the oceans or living under the water...
                                  I'd say for me that ties with Atlantis for the best idea. I would LOVE to see it re-made, without having to base it on a movie. This is Tomorrowlad, after all, not Merchandise-Tie-In-Land...

Comment

I didn't vote because you didn't have a "tear the damn thing out, already" option.
                                    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                                    -
                                    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                                    -
                                    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                                    -
                                    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Comment

I'd say for me that ties with Atlantis for the best idea. I would LOVE to see it re-made, without having to base it on a movie. This is Tomorrowlad, after all, not Merchandise-Tie-In-Land...
                                      I'm sure they could figure out a way to have an under water ODV or a UWV (under water vending)
                                      "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Retlaw Yensid
                                        I agree entirely! In the original ride, we were trying to go under the polar ice cap. This has been done, and isn't really "tomorrow" anymore. I'd like to see something with Antarctica instead. Let's go see the underside of that 100 mile long iceberg - and discover some new life forms along the way. Why, you could even incorporate some Atlantean bits. Discovery is very much a part of tomorrow. If we don't get a arctic motif, I'd be happy with a tropical motif. BUT NO NEMO - unless it's CAPTAIN Nemo!

I would LOVE to see it re-made, without having to base it on a movie. This is Tomorrowlad, after all, not Merchandise-Tie-In-Land...
                                        :lol: Yes, but with a retrofit I'm sure that you would exit through a lovely gift shop!
                                        Last edited by Momzilla59; 03-23-2005, 05:46 PM. Reason: lost my train o thought!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X