• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlohaStitch
    "Always On The Move..."
    • Jun 2005

Question Regarding Sun PoC Closure

I was at the park for just a couple of hours on Sun and my family and I decided to sneak in one last ride on PoC before it went down. (And yes, I am eagerly ...truly ..honestly looking forward to the new changes).

Anyways, we were all under the impression that the last day was going to be in a week or so, and had no idea that it was Sunday. We went, had a blast, noticed that it was a bit darker, ok pitch black on the two drops, and had what seemed like directed moon beams at the WW. (Yes, I did look for black sails..nope none yet!)

After we got off, we overheard a CM tell someone that this was the last day. We were surprised and asked the CM if it had been moved up. He told us that, "Yeah, they decided to close it early. Someone was starting a whole huge thing about laying flowers or something, and 'they' decided to close it early and not announce it to avoid a big problem. They were afraid that it was going to get outta hand."

So, is this true? Did the whole Memorial Flower thing cause PoC to go down early. According to the CM we spoke with, it did because they were concerned about traffic flow blockages, crowd control, etc. So, anyone know if this is true or not? If so, then I was sorry to see it closed early, if not..well, at least I got one more ride in.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by migo
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• pineapplewhipaddict
    DoleWhipDrea
    • Apr 2005

Re: Question Regarding Sun PoC Closure

To my knowledge, the closing date never changed. However, there was indeed someone on this board that said they were going to lay flowers in front of the attraction.

Comment

• Disney Analyst
      Behind the refurb walls..
      • Apr 2005

wow... Disney found out that someone was going to lay flowers off our forum.. That is kind of funky hahaha! Disney buy me a car

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

• Hyperbole
        I'm your huckleberry.
        • May 2005

No, the date wasn't changed. I think that CM was pulling your leg.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
          DoleWhipDrea
          • Apr 2005

Still pretty darn funny that the CM knew about the thread here...hehehe.

Comment

• Disneyfreak
            Banned User
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict
            To my knowledge, the closing date never changed. However, there was indeed someone on this board that said they were going to lay flowers in front of the attraction.
            Wow I sure started a controversy with that. I was not really serious about the flower part itself. It wasn't like I was going to buy 40 dollars worth of flowers and put it there lol.

Funny how things turn out sometimes.
            Last edited by Disneyfreak; 03-07-2006, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• aerinpegadrak
              Basking in birthday love
              • Jul 2005

I'll bet the CM was a MiceChatter. As far as I know, there was no adjustment to the scheduled closure date.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

• mrmainstreet
                MiceChatter
                • Jan 2005

POTC;s closing date never changed. It closed when it was scheduled.
                However, the Haunted Mansion re-opening is being attempted to happen the 9th, instead of the 11th. This is not a guarentee, but Disney will try as hard as possible for it not be the case that every attration in NOS be closed for a significant amount of time, especially with these 50th crowds.
                The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

• Disneyfreak
                  Banned User
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mrmainstreet
                  POTC;s closing date never changed. It closed when it was scheduled.
                  However, the Haunted Mansion re-opening is being attempted to happen the 9th, instead of the 11th. This is not a guarentee, but Disney will try as hard as possible for it not be the case that every attration in NOS be closed for a significant amount of time, especially with these 50th crowds.
                  I can only imagine how disappointed people are that both of them are closed at the same time.

Comment

• daddyb
                    Who's your DaddyB?
                    • Jan 2005

I have that it was originally announced that Pirates was closing on the 8th (the day before Haunted Mansion came back)... will have to do some searching to back that up though.
                    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

• AlohaStitch
                      "Always On The Move..."
                      • Jun 2005

Thanks, Guys!! I can always depend upon fellow MCers to get to the truth of the matter! :bow:

Well, at least I got to see it one last time. :yea:
                      Originally posted by migo
                      I poop with joy!
                      Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X