This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA Update

I just went to DCA yesterday and it was one of the most packed days I have ever seen. Well, anyways, just to update you on a little of the stuff, they are finally painting over that wierd Hollywood paper facade they used for Supertar Limo and alot of other work can be heard outside the walls. The Millionaire stage still sits right next to it with signage, fastpass in all in mint condition but still remains closed for reasons im not sure of because it doesnt seem like they are using that space for Monsters Inc. The Soarin Over California IMAX screen is very dirty and is something extremely noticed as soon as your flight takes off. And finally, I have some sad news, the cast member at Drawn to Animation told us that the film of One Man's Dream in the Animation Building would be taken out in the coming weeks. Probably, it will be restored with the original film thay had: Back to Neverland.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

As for crowds, not surprised, between Easter Break, and all the discounted Multi-Day ParkHoppers (a 3 day in advance is the cheapest price ever for that ticket, thru late April), plus all the advertising for the SoCal special (Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!).

I will get photos of the ex StupidStar Lame-o this weekend.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Yeah was in DCA on Monday incredlibly packed I just walked around checked out Monster's Inc. ( :bow: ) and Animation building. Also ToT didnt look quite as busy but they had extr line space like it had been or was going to be super long!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

Yikes, I'm going tomorrow. It will most likely be miserable won't it?

Hey Darkbeer, I like that little gag you have there: "StupidStar Lame-o":lol:

Comment

This is impossible! DCA? Packed? But no one likes it!
          Honor those who fall under the sword.
          But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
            This is impossible! DCA? Packed? But no one likes it!
            They're giving it away for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, I like it. It is a great value.... when it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does anybody know why the closed Who wants to be a Millionaie?
              "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                Probably because AP holders got sick of it and CMs couldn't participate... and they were the only ones that might actually go there in the vacant DCA? I don't know. The two times I went to it at WDW and DCA I was a CM so I couldn't do anything really, or my family technically. If my mom didn't love trivia, then we would not have even gone there.

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                  It probably cost to much to run and the show is not popular anymore.

Comment

As far as I know, the show was cancelled due to a contract that was due with Celador/BBC, the owners of the show. It was the second anniversary of the attraction, and they closed on a FRIDAY to avoid go over the contract period....

It was a decision of cost versus benefit....

Comment

Thanks Darkbeer

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer
                        As far as I know, the show was cancelled due to a contract that was due with Celador/BBC, the owners of the show.
                        A little birdy told me it was due to music/sound rights, that were not obtained for the attraction to begin with. When time came to pony up the dough, Disney only did it for WDW. FYI, BBC has nothing to due with it, even in the UK, it plays on ITV.
                        -Monorail Man

Comment

I think that Disney War mentioned BBC in the Millionaire thing, though it might have ended up on ITV....

I could be wrong....

Comment

I sure hope they change it to Back to Neverland. I loved that film. One Man's Dream would be awesome, but it would be better without Eisner. :lol:
                            "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

Originally posted by dshimel
                              They're giving it away for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, I like it. It is a great value.... when it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, once my AP starts paying for itself, it's a great bargain...
                              My mind won't rest
                              and I don't sleep
                              Not even in my dreams...
                              -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                              written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                              1985-2005

Comment

I didn't mind starting a new thread, so I'll say it here: The LuminAria barge is GONE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey
                                  Yikes, I'm going tomorrow. It will most likely be miserable won't it?

Hey Darkbeer, I like that little gag you have there: "StupidStar Lame-o":lol:
                                  Yeah , I think he took out a Patent on that one. :lol:
                                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey
                                    I didn't mind starting a new thread, so I'll say it here: The LuminAria barge is GONE!!!!!!!
                                    really? when did this happen? Great news
                                    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

It was being pulled in from off the center of the lagoon and was tied to something underneath the bridge the takes you into Paradise Pier. Wouldn't you know that they had a nice beige cover on it. Why couldn't they have put it on while it was out there? It really makes things seem larger and more open and no longer distracts your eye. However, they had let some of the dye out of the water and you could see the bottom in some areas. They must have removed it so they could see what they were doing when they were removing it. I'm just glad we won't have to look at some ugly black pole sticking out of the top of it with bird poop all over it.
                                      Last edited by DisneyMickey; 03-26-2005, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Here are some photos...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/454539

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X