X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Disneyland campaign for 2007

MAYBE... The Very Happy 50th Un Birthday Celebration

Continuing the 50th Celebration into the 51st year (a new annual event at the Disneyland Resort.)

LOL -- What are they gonna do to keep the momentum going ? ? ? This has been Disneyland's best year in a LONG time. Or is it EVER?

Anybody else have any ideas on what Disney should do AFTER July, 2006? Does anybody else think they'll extend it until the Holiday 06 decorations go up?

Re: New Disneyland campaign for 2007

The Iger Lasseter Era!

Comment

Doesn't it end in October? I know that July is the month Disneyland opened in, but I thought it was stopping in October. Anyway I think it should continue on till the Holiday decor goes up.

Comment

You may be right, thats what I'd expend in any event. I can't imagine the park bare for a few months. I think when the Prom Crowns come off the castle it'll need a few garlands and ribbons so as not to look too "naked".

Comment

How about a large banner strung accross Main Street saying:

WELCOME BACK ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS

Comment

Originally posted by Mortgageman
            How about a large banner strung accross Main Street saying:

WELCOME BACK ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS
            That doesn't even make sense. Passholders haven't gone anywhere. Neither will the general public after the 50th is over.

There's plenty of great stuff planned for the end of the 50th celebration, and beyond. Think POTC, Rockit Mountain, Nemo, Cars, further plussing of DCA, and who knows what else.

With Iger, Lasseter and Ouimet at the helm, I'm positive great things are in store. As far as I'm concerned, the future has never looked brighter for Disneyland!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
            Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
            Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Lets hope they just get a bit of a rest and clean up a bit. The party will leaves a HUGE mess behind

Comment

How about getting back to the original Disneyland without all the fuss for a little while until the holiday decor goes up?
                I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

all I know is 2007 is bound to be all about Nemo since it's the next big eticket for the resort

from there who knows

maybe after that we'll have Fantasmic II or something

and DCA will need a new Eticket soon too
                  "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Ok maybe this is a crazy idea but wouldn't it be cool if Disneyland came up with n updated version of the Main Street Electrical Parade...sort of like Dreamlights in Tokyo?

That would be really cool...and it would bring back a beloved classic-albeit in an updated form-to the place where it belongs.
                    Originally posted by aashee
                    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

I like the idea about bringing "Dreamlights" to Disneyland. Or at least DCA. I've seen photos, video, and the music and it looks like one of the best successor to the original. They have a good representataion of all Disney films, and they could even substitute more Disney films instead of the Pixar films.

But maybe for 2007, they don't really need a big promotion. I cannot remember when I have been to the park when there has been some campaign (the 50th, 45th, 40th, summer things, movies, etc.)

I think the Return of the Subs will be big enough, to generate business as Nemo will still be fresh in everyones minds.

I hope for 07 that Nemo is open by May 07, or at least for Grad Nite 2007, which I'll be attending. It would be right because grad nite 06 has Rockit Mountain, and grad nite 05 had the beginning of the 50th.
                      Last edited by pancakesaregood; 03-11-2006, 05:25 PM.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what they do with the castle. I wonder if they will repaint it again to tone it's gold accents down or if they will just leave it. Either way, its going to be wierd seeing it without crowns.

Comment

Originally posted by peoplemover1
                          How about getting back to the original Disneyland without all the fuss for a little while until the holiday decor goes up?
                          You mean when everything is closed for refurbs, and nothing is up and running? That original Disneyland?
                          2007 Photos:
                          http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                          More 2007 Photos:
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                          2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                          http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                          2006 Photos:
                          http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Originally posted by Pisces
                            You mean when everything is closed for refurbs, and nothing is up and running? That original Disneyland?
                            Yes, that's exactly what I meant... ha ha

Then we all wouldn't have to worry about standing in lines, we could all just get together and talk about Disneyland! ha ha
                            I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

This year has been amazing. The Disneyland resort will have a record breaking attendance figure. Disneyland parks attendance numbers have not been any higher in its 50 years of existance.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X