Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Indy IV coming out in a few years, could you see Disney updating it?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Indy IV coming out in a few years, could you see Disney updating it?

Just give it a few extras here and there, kinda like they're doing with Pirates.

Re: With Indy IV coming out in a few years, could you see Disney updating it?

^ Haha, for some reason a thought of having the Indy 4 movie having its premiere in DL...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Comment

I don't know if they'll update it with a new movie layover, but it is more than 10 years old right? It will be due for an update soon. I would like to see what they could do with modern technology.........

Comment

I'd be happy with them fixing Mara's broken eye. I don't think the ride needs much updating at all, other than just to fix the broken parts.

Comment

or they could just use some of the technology used in Crystal Skull, maybe add a fireball effect! But, we'll have to wait and see what the movie is about first.

Comment

I'm sure they will spruce it up a bit.
            You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

Only if it stars Johnny Depp and tops 500 million at the box office.

Comment

I'd like to see them fix the rat room (you can barely see the projection as it is). Either clean it up, or put in something else.

That special effect when you see Mara would be nice to see back...from what I've read it would be difficult though, I don't remember the reasoning. Probably budget.

I don't think it would be an overhaul of the ride, though. It's not that old...just update some effects.

Comment

The theme of IJA is not based directly on one of the movies but rather an unseen adveture of Indiana Jones. So I don't see any them rushing out to change the ride because of the movie. Look at Star Tours, there have been three more Star Wars movies since it came out and no rush to change it.
                  Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I don't see why they'd need to

the Indy ride as it is already covers alot of the classic indy moments that the movies are famous for (most of those moments of course came from the Raiders of the Lost Ark probably because it was the best of the three)

of course if they'd fix up a few of the lower quailty scenes it'd be great

and what I mostly mean is that the dart scene needs to be upgraded to full 3D props instead of just the flat stuff they have there now

it'd make the area so much more believable
                    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I tend to agree with the comments here. The Indy ride isn't based on any particular movie per se, but rather the general spirit of Indiana Jones. The boulder is there, sure, but it has created its own Indy adventure. It would be nice if they took the opportunity to tweak it a little bit, but for a ride that is almost 11 years old, it is still looking pretty state of the art.
                      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider
                        I don't see why they'd need to

the Indy ride as it is already covers alot of the classic indy moments that the movies are famous for (most of those moments of course came from the Raiders of the Lost Ark probably because it was the best of the three)

of course if they'd fix up a few of the lower quailty scenes it'd be great

and what I mostly mean is that the dart scene needs to be upgraded to full 3D props instead of just the flat stuff they have there now

it'd make the area so much more believable
                        yeah, that would be cool. Indie is one of my favorites, but more fantastic FX would increase its daily downtime to be sure. So a little plussing of the dart sequence would be cool.
                        The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

I'm with Jspider, fixing the dart room to not look quite so cheesy would be a plus. Also the rat effect would be nice to have something better there since w/o MiceChat, I never would have realized that's what it was. Also, whatever you want to call the goblin thing on the scrim in the skulls room needs to go.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by C-HOX
                            Just give it a few extras here and there, kinda like they're doing with Pirates.
                            If they do update it, I will be really mad really I will be in fact so mad i will put flowers outside of the ride the day it closes, Its just not right that they are messing with a classic ride, I know Walt had nothing to do with this ride, but he would have if he was still alive so it is the same thing as messing with one of Walts rides if he was still alive. Did I already say that I would put flowers in front of the day it closes. its not right on what they are going to do to this much loved ride, its time to act now to stop this before it happens. one more thing just what does this ride have to do with this part of the park anyway, see I am so mad I don't even remember what ride i am talking about, or what land it is in. With this kind of thinking by DL what is next talking fish in a sub ride, or J.Depp in POTC. I tell ya it all started to go down hill when they took out the parking lot and put in superstar limo.

What in the world is DL coming to!!!!!!!!!
                            THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

I'm just waiting for someone to reply angrily, not noticing the sarcasm that was intended.
                              The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X