This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Splash Mountain seat configuration

I know that they changed the seats on splash mountain some time ago and I wanted to know if it is all individual seating or if you can still have someone sitting inbetween your legs. This would be my 6 year olds first time and I don't know how she will respond to the drop. I think we both would feel more comfortable if I could hold on to her but I am not sure if you can even do that anymore. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Question about Splash Mountain seat configuration

It's individual seat...except for the very back seat where you can sit side by side. ..

Comment

Lap seating will likely be eliminated from all Disney themepark rides by the end of the decade.

Comment

ok, so if I request the back seat then at least we will be able to sit next to eachother. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah. I went by myself and I asked them where was the dryest spot (even though I knew it was the back) and they put me right there! :happy:
          The daydream princess

Comment

Originally posted by roxystar68
            Yeah. I went by myself and I asked them where was the dryest spot (even though I knew it was the back) and they put me right there! :happy:

Not always . . . I sat in the far back one time and got hit with a bucket-size splash. The worst part is for a man who carries his wallet in his back pocket. Disney usually gets all the money in my wallet, that day they got my wet money.

Comment

Can't two people sit in the back if the 2nd is below 5ft?
              BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
              October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
              April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
              October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
              December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
              July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
              July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
              July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
              February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
              February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
              TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Second to last seat is actually the dryest, that's where I sit when I film the ride.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

I think it all depends on who you go with - I go with my husband and kids, and I always get the wettest - no matter where I sit. My husband is twice my size, so I think it depends on where the most weight is. It would be an interesting theory paper.
                  sigpic
                  Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by Michey
                    I know that they changed the seats on splash mountain some time ago and I wanted to know if it is all individual seating or if you can still have someone sitting inbetween your legs. This would be my 6 year olds first time and I don't know how she will respond to the drop. I think we both would feel more comfortable if I could hold on to her but I am not sure if you can even do that anymore. Any info would be appreciated.
                    The seats are really close together now, in fact my 6'5" DH can only sit in the very back now because of the lack of leg room of the other seats. It would be very easy for you to sit behind you daughter and reach around and hug her during the ride.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by aerinpegadrak
                      Second to last seat is actually the dryest, that's where I sit when I film the ride.
                      I sit there every time because my boyfriend is 6'4, and I only get wet during the roller-coaster blacklighted Laughing Place...I get a huge wave on my leg every time. Grah! And am I crazy, because I'm almost certain that there's a part right after the sliding subsides that there's a water squirter somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Earkid
                        The seats are really close together now, in fact my 6'5" DH can only sit in the very back now because of the lack of leg room of the other seats. It would be very easy for you to sit behind you daughter and reach around and hug her during the ride.
                        One thing I don't like is the lack of space in the logs. I was in the last seat from the very back and the person in the back seat had there knees roght up agaisnt my thighs...it was not enjoyable at all. it's one thing when you know the person.....

Comment

And am I crazy, because I'm almost certain that there's a part right after the sliding subsides that there's a water squirter somewhere?
                          There are a couple of places where you will get water dribbled on you from above if you are sitting in one of the last two seats.
                          sigpic
                          Fluffy Club Member

Comment

This seems like a good place to advise for seating arangments for Splash Mountian.

Simply put, big people in front, and lots of them. If you can make friends with about four big fat fellas (over 250 lbs) then you got yourself a good log full.

My dad, brother, brother-in-law and I (all over 250 except me) along with my skinny wife and sister got on a log. My mother refused to ride with us, so the poor unsuspecting cheerleader sat behind all of us. That is the best ride configuration. Poor cheerleader never knew what hit her.
                            St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte
                              Lap seating will likely be eliminated from all Disney themepark rides by the end of the decade.
                              And of course the issue then becomes how does one sucessfully retro-fit wider seating into these rides? The Matterhorn? I suppose that could go the way of WDW's Space Mountain cars...but if they wanted even those cars gone one has to wonder if it'd just cause more headaches much like the new Splash logs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X