Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jungle Cruise Boat names

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jungle Cruise Boat names

    I know this is a stupid question but what are the names of the Jungle cruise boats and how many are there

    The ones i know of are
    Amazon Belle
    Congo Queen
    Nile Princess
    Suwanee Lady
    Irrawaddy Woman

    And that's it. I don't know exactly how many there are and what the others are named (if they exist)

  • #2
    Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

    There is also
    hondo hattie
    orinoco adventuress
    the wheelchair boat cant remember the name though and i've totally drawn a blank on the rest
    i have no idea

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

      The original boats were:
      Congo Queen
      Swanee Lady
      Amazon Belle
      Ganges Gal
      Nile Princess
      Mekong Maiden
      Irrawaddi Woman

      Added since opening:
      Ucayali Una
      Hondo Hattie
      Orinoco Adventuress
      Zambisi Miss
      Yangtze Lotus

      In 1967 one boat was re-christened Kissimmee Kate. Not sure which one, the info is from "Disneyland, The Nickel Tour" and the book doesn't say.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

        Originally posted by thndrmtnskp
        There is also
        hondo hattie
        orinoco adventuress
        the wheelchair boat cant remember the name though and i've totally drawn a blank on the rest
        Not sure what you mean by the "wheelchair boat" as the Jungle Cruise is a transfer ride. There are no wheelchair accessible boats.
        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

          There is a wheelchair boat, I was just on it Sunday! Yes, they ask if youcan transfer, but if you can't they do have one with a power lift.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

            Where do they store all of them because that is alot. How many were goldenized(i know congo queen is one of them unless she is the only one

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

              They are stored in a docking area which is behind Main Street. It parallels Main Street and extends to about Center Street. Some of the boats are left docked at the load/unload as well and usually one or two boats are in rehab at any given time.

              I think there is only one Golden boat.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

                Originally posted by awesomemama
                There is a wheelchair boat, I was just on it Sunday! Yes, they ask if youcan transfer, but if you can't they do have one with a power lift.
                Thats great then. When we were there a couple years ago, we were with someone in a power chair, and transfering meant the 3 teen boys had to lift her in and out of the boat, and at that time we skipped the ride because they said it was transfer only and it was too difficult. I'm glad they finally got a power lift.
                If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

                  Congo Queen is the only goldenized boat (After all, it is the queen). All original 50th attraction vehicle sets have only one golden ride vehicle among their ranks (Except Autopia for obvious reasons).
                  Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jungle Cruise Boat names

                    Originally posted by inav
                    I know this is a stupid question but what are the names of the Jungle cruise boats and how many are there

                    The ones i know of are
                    Amazon Belle
                    Congo Queen
                    Nile Princess
                    Suwanee Lady
                    Irrawaddy Woman

                    And that's it. I don't know exactly how many there are and what the others are named (if they exist)
                    Boy do I feel dumb. I didn't even know the had "official" names. I just thought the skippers made them up or something.

                    Now I know, and knowings half the battle. Sorry 1987 flashback.:lol:


                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X