This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Momzilla59
    Not to say that I don't believe you, but...

Isn't April 1st a few days yet?
    Or April 20th??

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000
    Wow, man.

Comment

If this were true, wouldn't Yesterland make a mention of it?
      Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
      WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
      :love:Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006! :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora
        If this were true, wouldn't Yesterland make a mention of it?
        Maybe whoever is doing the yesterland site doesn't know much (or any) about it, I mean it turned into another ride and was very, very early.

Comment

Disney was tapped to make WW2 films and shorts for the US Governement and maybe he developed a taste of planes but I still have my doubts and I am sure someone by now would have collaborated on this post with evidence.
          Last edited by ah schucks; 03-28-2005, 03:13 PM. Reason: Misspelled material taken down.

Comment

I thought they were based on ski lifts...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              I thought they were based on ski lifts...
              That makes way more sense to me since they land in Fantasyland at a Swedish mountain lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                when Walt himself has problems with the rapping and pifering aspect of POTC before it ever opened.
                "Yo yo yo, what up, dawgz, dis is DJ Long John Silver, direct from the Caribizzle, and we's finnin' ta get our Yo-Ho-Ho on up in dis hizzouse!"

:lol:
                My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob66
                  "Yo yo yo, what up, dawgz, dis is DJ Long John Silver, direct from the Caribizzle, and we's finnin' ta get our Yo-Ho-Ho on up in dis hizzouse!"

nevermind.
                  Last edited by ah schucks; 03-28-2005, 03:12 PM.

Comment

When it comes time to die, make sure that all you have to do is die.
                    -----
                    MiceChat member since 1/16/05 (goin for the least posts/day record!!!)

Comment

I am dislexic- thanks for mocking it bud
                      Dyslexia means the words look backwards to you. "" has one P whether it's forwards or backwards. Nice try, though.
                      My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                        I am not sure.. I need an undoctured photo & movie for proof....
                        Well, a quick Google search, and....whaddyaknow!?!

:lol: :lol:
                        When it comes time to die, make sure that all you have to do is die.
                        -----
                        MiceChat member since 1/16/05 (goin for the least posts/day record!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by SomeSayImGoofy
                          Well, a quick Google search, and....whaddyaknow!?!

Comment

No wonder they didn't let Khruschev in the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Lover
                              Sorry, can't, don't have, just have a source, a relieable sorce
                              I think that your 'relieable sorce' is pulling your leg
                              Last edited by ni_teach; 03-28-2005, 12:26 PM.
                              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I love this thread!

Comment

this thread gives me a headache

...and Shucks can't spell for beans but he's a really sweet guy so NO MOCKING HIM
                                  (how's that shuckeroo?)
                                  I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                                  That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob66

I am dislexic- thanks for mocking it bud

I just took Shuck's comment as a typo and thought the rappin pirates was hysterical!

You boys play nice now, don't make me come down there!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Jennidisneyfer
                                      this thread gives me a headache

...and Shucks can't spell for beans but he's a really sweet guy so NO MOCKING HIM
                                      (how's that shuckeroo?)
                                      Oh for pete's sake. I'm not mocking HIM (and if I hurt your feelings, shucks, I apologize), I was just goofin' on his typo. Yeesh!!! Relax, folks!

Comment

To be fair, the word looking backwards thing is only one form of dyslexia, another is replacing letters or numbers with each other... I have a bit of this type myself. I often for no reason at all replace a "S" with a "6" among other things. I have to very carefully go over my posts while I type and after to try and make sure I get things right.

On the flipside of the coin, ah schucks, unless people know you personally they will make that mistake, and may be just playing good naturedly with you. No reason to take offense to it, I get it all the time just take it with a grain of salt.

As for the actul topic of this thread... oh good greif... Walt saw the skyway car idea at a world's fair, or trade show if I recall correctly and was one of the first people to use the technology in a amusement setting. I will try and dig up some actual verifiable info on it when I get a chance.

Comment

No offense taken. Misunderstanding has been straightened out. Lets move on.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X