Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually kinda like the idea that the Pentagon made Eisner take down the Skyway because there was a lot of top secret Cold War-era Roswell-related military technology in each Skyway cab that had been on loan to Walt and it took them 30 years of sifting through paperwork to realize it was still out there.....
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Originally posted by SilentBob66
      I actually kinda like the idea that the Pentagon made Eisner take down the Skyway because there was a lot of top secret Cold War-era Roswell-related military technology in each Skyway cab that had been on loan to Walt and it took them 30 years of sifting through paperwork to realize it was still out there.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

I really don't understand this thread, were the Skyway buckets really modeled after WWII planes? :confused:

Comment

I'm gonna go on record as saying that this rumor is crap. I've seen pics from the very beginning days, and there were no buckets with noses, wings and tails, and there were no buckets without tops. It just didn't happen.

One good undoctored pic will change my mind. But till then . . .

Comment

I think Disneyland Lover went a little crazy this morning...then left. He started like 4 new threads and ran amuk in the chat room.

All in all...this is one of the funniest threads ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu Minion
              I really don't understand this thread, were the Skyway buckets really modeled after WWII planes? :confused:
              No, the Skyway buckets (both models) were cutting edge intergalactic space pods developed by the Pentagon and NASA for travel between Earth and Alpha Centauri (where the Roswell spacecraft had come from) and they were used as Skyway travel buckets at Disneyland until such time as the government recalled them for use in space travel. Their whole use at Disneyland was a temporary ruse designed to acculturate the public to the notion of traveling in such pods should the need for mass intergalactic travel between Earth and Alpha Centauri become necessary. It never did, but now the military is using the old pods in order to obtain new weaponry for use in future wars here on Earth.

At least, that's what I read on the innernet..... :monkey:
              My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Guys I figured it out! I know who Disneyland Lover is! This thread will make alot more sense!

Comment

sorry a little confusing-

Sorry - sexually explicit link removed

-Malibu Minion

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X