This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Up With Snow...

Here it is, mid-March and I haven't heard a peep about what's going on with the Fantasyland Theatre and the Snow White stage show. Is the show coming back by June (summer time), and if so, how come I haven't seen any auditions for it yet??? I'm just curious if anyone out there knows anything about what's going on. I haven't been back to that area of the Park in a while, but I'm assuming the stage looks the same, right?
    Love Is An Open Door
    :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Re: What's Up With Snow...

It's too early to expect any updates.

The MSEP is returning to DCA next month but the auditions are being held this month.

Don't expect to hear anything about showtimes or auditions til mid spring.

Comment

From what I heard it was closed for good, I guess time will tell.
      Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 03-16-2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I've been watching the Disney Auditions page for announcements because I assume they'll have to at least pick up a few new faces if it does come back, but I haven't seen anything there yet. I've heard that the old cast has been contacted about coming back, but I haven't seen confirmation anywhere.
        "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

I thought the new cast was already selected and they were currently in rehearsal for there final season during the summer....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
          ~

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks the theater is a waste of space? We have Hunchbacks HUGE area, and then this massive stage in the middle of the park. Please remove one... and that Aldan show can be a rather nice C-ticket.

Comment

The show is in rehearsals right now. Public auditions were not held.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrossedragon
                Am I the only one that thinks the theater is a waste of space? We have Hunchbacks HUGE area, and then this massive stage in the middle of the park. Please remove one... and that Aldan show can be a rather nice C-ticket.
                Sorry to Nick-Pick, but they are in the back of the park not the middle. The Fantasyland Theater has put on some great shows over the years and I think that it should stay.

But I agree that something should be done in the Hunchback area other than just corp parties.
                Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I miss Animazement . Then again, we have Drawn to the Magic...

I agree something must be done with the Hunchback stage. Althought that was a great show as well when it was running. Was it listed under Frontierland or Fantasyland?

Disney should use the round-a-bout theater for something else. That type of staging is quite immersive.

Someone should post full-length videos of Fantasyland shows and the Hunchback show on youtube.com. There's already full versions of Fantasmic!

BTW, I think it's nice to have the Snow White show for the last time during the summer. Soak up the crowds. Offer more during the 50th. But they should definately have a new show after this year. I'm not really fond of the Snow White show. Aladdin is much better.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                  -Jurassic Park

Comment

I'll be glad to see the show return. I really enjoyed it

Comment

we need to get a sitter and have a kid free day so we can enjoy all the shows, with a 2 yr old we dont do shows(except for playhouse disney) due to his lack of attn span. prob wont start going bak to shows until after his baby sister is old enough. my goal is to get 2-3 kid free days at DL per year.
                      {:
                      MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

Originally posted by MAXandBELLESmom
                        we need to get a sitter and have a kid free day so we can enjoy all the shows, with a 2 yr old we dont do shows(except for playhouse disney) due to his lack of attn span. prob wont start going bak to shows until after his baby sister is old enough. my goal is to get 2-3 kid free days at DL per year.
                        Originally posted by MAXandBELLESmom
                        {:

OMG I hear ya! I love my kid free days and hopefully I'll start having more if my dead beat ex finally decides to keep his visitation weekends. *sigh*

Kid free days = endless rides on the tower and splash/space mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by claribella

OMG I hear ya! I love my kid free days and hopefully I'll start having more if my dead beat ex finally decides to keep his visitation weekends. *sigh*

Kid free days = endless rides on the tower and splash/space mountain.
                          actually the night we went in feb, we didnt even get to the park until 3pm and only stayed until 9ish(watched half of the fireworks) the only "big kid" ride we went on was space sine hubby hadnt been on the "new" space yet. we mostly people watched and had a nice dinner at blue bayou. it was so relaxing but we did miss them terribly and it is more fun enjoying the rides with them
                          {:
                          MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

Snow is definitely coming back. I don't think they are in rehearsals quite yet but I understand that the show is cast. Most from the previous production, some new members. I thought the show was great for a park show. The talent level seemed to dwindle as it went on though. Did anyone ever see those show jackets they had made for the cast? They are fantastic! I waw one on ebay a couple days ago.

Comment

I never got to see the snow white show (That was back in the day before my AP when i only went once a year and rides always had more importance to me) I am hopeful it will come back soon because i want to know what all the fuss is about. :ap:

^This is the life!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X