Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aladdin's Oasis: Keep it or dont keep it?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
    I think we shouldnt keep it. Lots of people have talked about putting The Magic Carpets of Aladdin in that area but I dont think it has the capacity to fit all that.
    I think if they bring in Magic Carpets they should also just go ahead and add a spinning Bullseye ride in Frontierland, a spinning honeypot ride in Critter Country, a spinning acorn ride in Toontown and a spinning gazebo ride on Main Street.
    Last edited by Awe_inspired; 04-03-2005, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Other places you can find me:

Digg
      Steam

Comment

Originally posted by 101 Dalmatians Rule
        What about putting in Sindbad's Voyage from Toyko Disney Sea? I have never been on the ride, but I have seen various pictures of the attraction from other websites and it might actually be enjoyable for children and adults.
        Sinbad would be better served as part of our third gate
        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by thirdwish
          Sorry, Tahiti is not an adventure, more a place for rich people to go on their honeymoons. In the 70's Tahiti was but not any more. I do agree that the oasis show is lacking but it still fits better in Adventure Land
          Thirdwish, what my point was, TT felt like an adventure to many people.
          It was really exciting to people who perhaps were getting as close to that type of experience as they ever would.
          I am sorry, the Aladdin story was really cute, but I still think TT fits with the land much better.
          Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Ditch it and bring back the Tahetian Terreace and the dinner and show. That fits so much better into the entire area than Aladdin ever did.
            Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Re: Aladdin's Oasis: Keep it or dont keep it?

keep it. i think everybody forgets, the audience who enjoy that show are really too young to be on the computer and psoting here. its a good show for the kids!

Comment

Keep it. Jasmine's a sexy doll. Bring back the harem girls to serve me the tasty delicacies of the Far East.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Awww but remember the fire dancers and hula girls , and I can remember when Kikoman sponsered the Tahitian dinner/show loved those terriaki steaks, or when it was Aladdins Oasis and the chocolate lamps with the mouse inside with rasberry sauce . I liked that it was a fine dinning show/dinner and took some of the burden off of the Blue Bayou and gave such a wonderful dinning/show experience. I vote for the tahician terrace to return and for me to get reservations for dinner!

Comment

Turn the area back into a resturant... (remember.. it was this that changed Walt's mind on making Tiki Room a resturant.. having 2 resturants close together would ba bad.. Now they are too far apart..)

I would say any theme but stitch.. (WDW has been over run by one (not as good) attraction.. dont let DL sufer the same fate..)

Comment

Please No Stitch!! I loved TT, we ate there everytime I went as a kid. I love the ideas stated by many others of a middle eastern style restaurant. I would love the big pillows, belly dancers, etc. Fun!
                      I don't hate the carpets idea. It is another Dumbo rip off, but I am sure kids would love it. I would prefer to see an aladdin dark ride in a carpet styled car, similar to what they use on the flying carpets. Sort of an Aladdin meets Peter Pan thing. The Cave of Wonders would be a fun theme...or A Whole New World idea, recreating Aladdin and Jasmine's flight o' love.

Comment

May I ask what Tahitian Terrace was.Never heard of it
                        :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

Tahitian Terrace was a dinner show that included hula dancers and other Polynesian entertainments.

I must say that the Genie stereoscopic film-based Attraction is an excellent idea. I forgot all about it.

3-D films are one of the only types of Attractions that I really do not mind being cloned. And, I always thought the experience at Disney Seas sounded like an excellent concept.

The Attraction is much more mixed-media than any other experience currently at Disneyland since the presentation uses a live magician that interacts with the Genie who exists on film. I also think the footprint for such an Attraction may be small enough to fit in Adventureland, so the idea is definitely worth investigating.

Comment

There is also the potential for a more general Arabian Nights Attraction to exist in the current Aladdin's Oasis.

A Scheherazade might be just the thing to enlarge the scope of the Attraction.

Comment

The Tahitian Terrace closed in 1993, I believe. When it did, was it completely because they were bringing in Aladdin, or just to save cash at first?

Comment

An Aladdin dark ride sounds terrific. I would ride it directly after feeding my face at the dinner show (if, hopefully, one day, it is re-instituted).
                                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

By all means bring back The Tehitian Terrace.

Aladdin is a blight on Adventurelands [email protected]#. enough said....
                                  Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
                                  http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cubsd
                                    Another vote for "Ditch it and bring back Tahitian Terrace"
                                    Dittos
                                    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
                                    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
                                    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

Comment

bring back Tahitian Terrace

Comment

The Tahitian Terrace was may favorite thing in all of Disneyland! It is my biggest wish that it someday returns. The sooner the better! They can rebuild a fake tree and bring a kitchen back up to code!! I enjoyed the magic of the terrace as a child many times. I went to see the Aladdin show when it opened, and yes, it was fun, I loved the smoking genie lamps and the dessert but it didnt transport me to far off islands like the hula girls and fire dancers and island drummers did!
                                        For those of you who never got to experiance the island magic of the Tahitian Terrace,
                                        http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/altt.jpg
                                        On a busy day at Disneyland the terrace was a quiet, relaxing, peaceful place to enjoy excellent food and a fantastic show. The sound of the waterfall and the relaxing island music along with the scent of tropical flowers and exotic food were a perfect combination! When the drums began to play, the waterfall opened up like a curtain and the hula girls came dancing thru, it was magic as only Disney can do! When the fire dancer finished his dance and lit the water at the base of the waterfall on fire... spectacular!
                                        I heard Eisner closed this show and the Golden Horseshoe show becouse he felt that paying musicians, singers and dancers their union wages was too expensive! Remember, this show was free with dinner! The Aladdin show was about 30 bucks a person if I remember correctly.
                                        BRING BACK THE TAHITIAN TERRACE! Exotic luau at night, maybe Lilo and Stitch for the kids during the day!

Comment

Oh my gosh, the Tahitian Terrace was my favorite restaurant...hands down. I remember how they gave you those shell neclaces (that broke really easily) and it was always the same performers EVERY single show! The fire guy was the same and he kept on sticking out his tongue, it was really funny. I just can't say enough about the Tahitian Terrace's atmosphere, it was SOOO authentic and believable that you really felt as though you were sipping on a Tropical Punch (I was only 13 at the time so booze didn't interest me) watching a real luau in Tahiti or something. I mean it was escapism at its best, it was such a getaway, even from a getaway like Disneyland! Remember that awesome Tropical Punch? It was like this light purple color and I looked forward to them whenever I went there. You used to have to cross this bridge with tons of tiki torches on the side of it so it felt like you were walking into this other world. It was far away from the rest of the park so you had a really far away feeling when you ate there.

I saw Aladdin once but I wasn't impressed that much and the food was too exotic...in a bad way. I mean I had some kind of beef that was so filled with peppercorns that I couldn't eat it without chipping a tooth.

PLEASE, PLEASE BRING BACK THE TAHITIAN TERRACE! It was so much more than a restaurant, it was a vacation inside a vacation.
                                          Last edited by Athlonacon; 08-01-2005, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X