Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsters and Flowers and Bees, Oh My...

When I was down at DCA a couple of weeks ago I got to experience Monster's Inc. Great ride! But, while standing in line I noticed that Disney has planted flower bearing plants that attract bees in the planters in the queue. It was a challenge to keep my 4 year old grandson from reaching into the planters and getting stung, not to mention having the bees a buzzin around people. I don't ever recall seeing this situation in Disneyland before. Comments? Observations? This just seems like an accident waiting to happen...
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

Re: Monsters and Flowers and Bees, Oh My...

wow I dint notice that. was that in the planters but in the temporary extended line?

Comment

You might email someone and make this observation to them, I'm not sure who you let know for DCA. Of course, they tend to change landscaping a lot at DL so they could be gone by now. But you would think, with so many people allergic to bee stings, they'd want to know and fix this.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
      Mark Twain

Comment

I quite enjoyed watching the bees, myself. The planters have these pink flowers in them, in the regular outdoor queue.

Good point, though, that a lot of people are allergic.
        I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Wow. I've never noticed any bees in a Disney Theme Park before. That one of thereason I enjoy the place. I'm allergic mysefl and have asvere unrational phobia concerning bees. I can face down a rabid pit bull moireredily the I could face down a simple yellow jacket. this is something I've had to work on since my daughter was born as I can't just drop her and take of running like I instictively would have in the old days. Now I have have to fight the darn things to keep them from stinging her as I'm sure she inherited my allergy.

During one of Dollywood's firsty years in operation, they had a HUGE problem with bees swarmiong around all the trash cans. The park was litterly swarmoing with the things. You don't realize how many people actually have the allergy until you see a park full of them ducking and weaving and swinging. We looked like an isolated group of strange mountain people.

Comment

Bees are generally peaceful.
            Thirsty yellow jackets in August or September can be a bit hazardous.

Plastic flowers. Problem solved.

Comment

Comment

While we're fighting the bee "issue" could we do something about the 8 million crows that roost in the park?

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
                  While we're fighting the bee "issue" could we do something about the 8 million crows that roost in the park?

I can do this all day.

Comment

I heard Sheryl Crow was stung by a bee once. -_- <Gags on own joke>

Comment

Maybe it just seemed like alot but Bees in the flowers in Disney parks is nothing new...

Comment

Funny thing...I just took a picture of a bee on the flowers planted in front of the Train Depot at New Orleans Square.

Comment

This was taken at Riverbelle Terrace.
                          Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                          2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                          2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                          sigpic

Comment

Bees ahhhhh
                            :crazylegs

Comment

As a wise man (me) once said:

"The bee, it comes down to love, but it does not know how. So it tries to love you and it stings. It stings from love. It hurts you, because love hurts. But then the bee flies away and dies! It is sad. It does from love! So maybe it is not sad".

Thank you.
                              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X