Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing "No Bags" lane at security bag-check..

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing "No Bags" lane at security bag-check..

Disneyland Resort will finally be testing a "no bags" lane at the security bag check tents. The test will start today (March 18) and go through April 22. So obviously with the busy Spring Break season already starting, they want to see how well it does with the crowds so hopefully it will be a permanent addition.
    Last edited by AaronInCal; 03-18-2006, 03:55 PM.

Re: Testing "No Bags" lane at security bag-check..

It's about time! Hopefully it becomes permanent

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Great! I can't use it, usually have my camera, except when I go Saturday eves, but then my wife has a purse. Oh bah, too bad. The rest of you have a great time in the no-bags-line,

CU@DL

Andy
      -
      What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

About Dang Time!!!! We will have to test it tomorrow.

Comment

Does that mean that women with purses can't use that line? I can just see the grief this is gonna start with guests who think that the rules don't apply to them because "it's only a little bitty purse, fannypack, etc."
          Charlie :wave:
          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama
            Does that mean that women with purses can't use that line? I can just see the grief this is gonna start with guests who think that the rules don't apply to them because "it's only a little bitty purse, fannypack, etc."
            No bags means just that at the world. And those CM's constantly had to point out that even a tiny bag is still a bag. It was sort of agrivating when I was there. I only had a small CamelBak (so a big water bottle in fabric).

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama
              As much as I would love a "no bags lane", the above is exactly why it will fail. And very rarely does everyone in a party go in bagless. While I don't carry a bag (everthing is in pockets/lanyard) at least 1 of my kids has a backpack. (My daughter almost always has one, as it has to carry all the necessary dog stuff: bags, food, water bowl, ears, poncho, mat to lie on, etc... dog has more stuff than me!) So, even if I rush thru the bagless line, I would be waiting for one of them.
              If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

DLR didn't have this already? If not than it is about time. Why did it take them this long?
                Originally posted by aashee
                We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

no bags means no bags just yourself

Comment

Finally!!! this works really well at disney world!!!!

Comment

FINALLY.....Mr. Lightyear999 will be so pleased. He never carries a bag and always is stuck in line....Great news!

No help for me or the Wolfette though, we always carry a purse.
                      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Yeah, I rarely go sans bag. But it's a bloody brilliant idea, and about dang time.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t
                          While I don't carry a bag (everthing is in pockets/lanyard) at least 1 of my kids has a backpack.
                          This is why i don't exactly understand the bag checks. As I stood in line at the World I moved everything, the times I had my pack, into my pockets to make it easier to get through the check. Think of how big pockets are available today. If you really wanted to do harm you'd just stroll in through the no bag line with stuff in your pockets.

Comment

BDBopper DLR didn't have this already? If not than it is about time. Why did it take them this long?
                            that what i was thinking

Comment

Shucks! You mean I won't be able to push and shove my way through the security lines anymore (since I'm not carrying anything) while shouting, "I'm an AP'er so I don't have to wait in any lines!"??? Geez, they take all of the fun out of it. LOL!

Seriously though, that sounds great. I'm glad that they are at least giving it a shot. I hope that they find that it works better for both types of folks (bag carriers and non bag carriers).

Now, if they will just try the same thing at the entry gates with strollers/no strollers, we'll be in business!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X