Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the RadioDisney booth in TL before?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the RadioDisney booth in TL before?

I'm sure this has been posted before, but What was the RadioDisney booth in TL before?....or was it even there 8 years ago?

I went to DL many times before TL's redo in 98 and remember taking speedramps to the Peoplemover, but recently I've wondered is that structure that used to be RadioDisney (which in Summer 2000 was the only time I saw people in it), was it always there, or was it built especially for the redo.

I can't imagine it being there since 1998, because wasn't that the location for the elevator for the Rocket Jet platform, or was there a shop or food cart there before.

I'm surprised when they rebuilt TL in 1998, and added Rocket Rods they didn't wrap the Rocket Rod queue around underneath the platform, and featured many chains and polls in a circular pattern, case in point look at the queue of the Golden Zephyr at DCA. It would have freed the Circle Vision theater to have allowed a show, presumbly the Timekeeper to play.

And when (and if they do have a new Peoplemover) will this unused radio station be removed for a reworked speedramp/elevator for the new attractions...

Re: What was the RadioDisney booth in TL before?

How I miss the Lunching Pad and more importantly, Space Mist!

Comment

Oh so it was a restaurant?

Comment

Yup. It was a small food service area called the Lunching Pad.

Comment

anyone have a pic? I've never noticed this b4.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImagineer183
            anyone have a pic? I've never noticed this b4.
            http://www.intercotwest.com/gallery/...onID=122&Rev=0
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Thanx Malcon10t, yea, now that i think, ive seen it b4, oh and SM looks so cool in redish brown!

Comment

oh how i remember the twinkies and the fruit punch from the lunching pad!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImagineer183
                  oh and SM looks so cool in redish brown!
                  Shh! Quiet! That kind of talk is punishable by death in these parts!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
                    Shh! Quiet! That kind of talk is punishable by death in these parts!
                    Aaah yes, the monkey poo brown color SM. "I have seen the future... and it is s**t."

LOL..... thank god everything after the 1998 "new" tomorrowland was undoing the 1998 tomorrowland. Now if only innoventions would kick the bucket...
                    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Yeah - damn! One of my traditions when I was young was to always stop there and get a milk and twinkie. Funny that someone else remembers the twinkies.

I don't know why, but it always pisses me of when I see it all closed up. Waisted space. TL has long been dead...

Comment

[quote=Chernabog]Aaah yes, the monkey poo brown color SM. "I have seen the future... and it is s**t."
                        quote]

Nice description:lol:

Comment

radio disney was in tl when I first moved to so cal.. in 1999.. it was there for at least a year afterwards.. tehn it all of a sudden disappeared for some reason

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog
                            Aaah yes, the monkey poo brown color SM. "I have seen the future... and it is s**t."
                            To be fair, it did look good at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lore
                              How I miss the Lunching Pad and more importantly, Space Mist!
                              ahhh, sa-weet. reliving fond memories of the past (in tomorrowland).

thank you.

i was missing circle-vision alot last night. and the Kids of the Kingdom at Tomorrowland Stage / Space Stage.

i miss my '70's Tomorrowland so much.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X