Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Haunted Mansion Holiday coming back this year?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Haunted Mansion Holiday coming back this year?

I wasn't sure if HMH is coming back this year or not. Anybody know what's going on?
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Re: Is Haunted Mansion Holiday coming back this year?

I don't see why it wouldn't- isn't it pretty popular still?

Comment

I actually heard from a CM friend of mine that it won't be coming back. Something about Tim Burton wanting more money or some such reason. I havent heard much more than this mild and vague gossip, though, so i might be wrong.
      "Excuse me sir, is tomorrowland scary?"

Comment

^From what I've heard, Tim Burton has no say since the movie is indeed owned by Disney.

Comment

It is scheduled to come back.

The internal Refurb schedule has it closing on September 11th for the refurb, and reopen on September 28th.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I think this was address by Disney at the annual stockholders meeting. The answer being that Haunted Mansion Holiday will be returning to Disneyland and that relations between Tim Burton and The Walt Disney Company are fine.

I think if Haunted Mansion Holiday was to end you would see a marketting blitz. This sort of stuff is planned well in advance and Disney wouldn't miss a marketting opportunity.

Comment

You'd be surprised about who can own what, though. Apparently Jerry Bruckheimer owns the rights to the name "The Black Pearl" and won't give them up, so Disney can't use that name for the attraction. Disney may have distributed the movie, but I'm betting Burton retained the rights to his characters.

I've heard both that the contract has expired and it won't be returning, and that Burton is open to expanding it. Since stuff like that can change pretty quickly, I don't think we'll have any conclusive information until August or so.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Or, you know, I can take too long to type and Darkbeer can show me up.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                  I think this was address by Disney at the annual stockholders meeting. The answer being that Haunted Mansion Holiday will be returning to Disneyland and that relations between Tim Burton and The Walt Disney Company are fine.
                  Yes, that was the case. Words to the effect of "there is no animosity that would hinder us from doing it again".
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Folks on the right coast keep perpetuating the myth that Disneyland is losing HMH because they are so freakin' jealous that they *still* haven't gotten it yet, and there's not a shade of green that can adequately describe their color. And they've managed to rope in some CMs, some unsuspecting some not, into helping spread that vicious rumor.

Comment

Yes HMH will show up next year, sorry florida

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

Comment

Originally posted by Evan-500
                        I am not sorry. Disneyland deserves stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                          I am not sorry. Disneyland deserves stuff too.
                          Hear, Hear! I agree! HMH is one of the best parts of my visit to DL in October. Last year I was a little upset ot hear from 2 CM's that it wouldn't return due to contract negotiaitons. It is nice to hear from Darkbeer that it will return.
                          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

the sorry florida was sarcastic, hense the wink

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                            ~

Comment

Originally posted by Evan-500
                              I'm not. Keep your HMH and let us have our HM 100% of the year!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X