This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland in the 50's

Hey, if you have been to Disneyland in the 50's, would you tell me about it, or show me pictures (if you have any), thank you.

(If you weren't in Disneyland then but have pics please show anyway)

You're going to make me dig into the cedar chest, huh!? My avatar is from my very first trip to Disneyland in 1956. I think it's the only photograph I have from that trip. It's my brothers and I on the fire wagon at the Main Street Fire Station. I really don't remember much from that trip. I was only 6. I know I also have a few others from a trip in the early 60's. I'll have to dig them out and try to post them. Oddly, one of my most vivid memories from that trip is the Monsanto Hall of Chemistry. I guess I was a bit of a nerd! :lol:
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

On a previous post, I guessed that you were on the firetruck in the station. Never heard back though if I was correct (old thread). Glad to see that I was.

Cool pic!

Our first photo's were from my first visit back in 1967. Not even close to the 50's!

Comment

Whoops! Sorry I missed your earlier post, Dzny. Perhaps on my next trip to DL, I'll get some Golden Ears and update the photo.
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X