X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Lover
    started a topic Current E-Tickets of Disneyland

Current E-Tickets of Disneyland

OK, tell what current attractions at Disneyland you think are good enough to be E-Ticket by today's standars?

Here are my thoughts: Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Matterhorn, Star Tours, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain. (Althought Jungle Cruise was origanaly one, I think it's C or D now.)

• DustMeUpTink
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeCool
    Peter Pan
    A classic and always will be! :bow:

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    Originally posted by sir clinksalot
    Sure it's not the biggest, fastest but it's fun. And that's what a coaster is supposed to be.
    Good reasoning. At least you don't come out of there totally disoriented with jelly legs (ie most of the rides at Six Flags). It's a nice change of pace... invigorating.

Anyway, if DCA had E-Tickets that & ToT.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied
    ^ In California period.

Screamin' is my favorite coaster in CA, period. There are some that come close (Xcelerator at Knott's comes to mind), but I still think Screamin' is better.

Sure it's not the biggest, fastest but it's fun. And that's what a coaster is supposed to be.

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    Screamin' is a great coaster, one of the best in CA.
    Do you mean DCA or in CA in general, because if it's the latter, there are a couple of coasters down at Knott's and Six Flags that seem like they would pwn Screamin'.

Re: E-ticket

Splash Mountain
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    BTMR
    Matterhorn (do they have fastpasses for this ride yet?)
    Haunted Mansion
    Space Mountain (when it comes back up)

I really don't know if Peter Pan should be E-Ticket cause it's so short!

Leave a comment:

• Evil Minion
    replied
    Remember, Matterhorn was nothing but an empty shell when it opened and the inside was U-G-L-Y.
    Which is why they themed it inside, unlike Screamin'.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied
    Just because Screamin' is an "unthemed" coaster doesn't mean it's not an E-ticket. Remember, Matterhorn was nothing but an empty shell when it opened and the inside was U-G-L-Y.

Screamin' is a great coaster, one of the best in CA. For that fact alone it's an E-ticket.

Other DCA E-tickets: Soarin', GRR, Tower.
    D - ITTBAB, Muppets, Mullholland Madness.

I would like to add that Animation could be an E-ticket just for the lobby IMO.

Leave a comment:

• dshimel
    replied
    Originally posted by ModHatter
    You know... I have been thinking more and more about creating an optional ticket system for DCA. Seems like I've seen a system like this at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. You can buy the wristband, which gets you unlimited rides all day. Or you can purchase a variety of ticket packages, or even a single ticket. It might really help DCA in these formative years.
    But the real point of DCA is to be able to sell 2 and 3 day hoppers to out-of-towners. They're not going to introduce a ticketing system that lets the out-of-towners buy 1 day DL ticket of $50-ish, and a 5 ride ticket to DCA for $25-ish.... That kills their ability to sell 2-day hoppers for $100 and 3-day hoppers for $150.

This is the same reason you can't buy a 1-day DCA ticket for $30 or $35... A price it is worth.... They'd rather not sell very many 1-day tickets to locals than admit to the out-if-towners that it is anything less than a full Disney park.

Ooops, wandering off topic again.... DCA's E-Tickets are Soarin, Screamin, GRR (6 months of the year) and ToT. D-tickets??? ITTBAB I guess.

Leave a comment:

• LSPoorEeyorick
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeCool
    Peter Pan
    Absolument!

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterGracey
    As for DCA..
    if they were ticket-based.. The only E-Tickets would be Soarin' (maybe..) and the Tower of Terror.
    California Screamin' is fun, but if I want to pay for a non-themed rollercoaster, I'll go to Magic Mountain (gasp!)
    You know... I have been thinking more and more about creating an optional ticket system for DCA. Seems like I've seen a system like this at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. You can buy the wristband, which gets you unlimited rides all day. Or you can purchase a variety of ticket packages, or even a single ticket. It might really help DCA in these formative years.

Leave a comment:

• JoeCool
    replied
    My E-Ticket Attractions:

Jungle Cruise
    Indy
    Haunted Mansion
    Pirates
    Big Thunder
    Matterhorn
    Alice
    Peter Pan
    Space Mountain

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Hemlich's Chew Chew Train!!!

Leave a comment:

• MasterGracey
    replied
    If tickets were still around, I wouldn't mind using an "E" Ticket for the following:
    - Space Mountain
    - Matterhorn Bobsleds
    - "it's a small world"
    - Splash Mountain
    - The Haunted Mansion
    - Pirates of the Caribbean
    - Indiana Jones Adventure
    - Jungle Cruise
    - The Enchanted Tiki Room

D-Tickets would definately be:
    - Star Tours (unless Lucas updates it drastically)
    - Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
    - Autopia
    - Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

...The rest of the park's attractions would all fall under the "C" and under categories...

As for DCA..
    if they were ticket-based.. The only E-Tickets would be Soarin' (maybe..) and the Tower of Terror.
    California Screamin' is fun, but if I want to pay for a non-themed rollercoaster, I'll go to Magic Mountain (gasp!)

Leave a comment:

• dshimel
    replied
    Originally posted by ModHatter
    Pack Mules??? Maybe it was a different standard back then.
    The standard was..... $.85 and a few hundred people an hour.

How many people would pay $3.88 today to ride pack mules.... Not many. Maybe only a few hunderd an hour.

Supply and demand.... Low supply, jack up the price until demand falls far enough to match the small supply.

This is why the dessert buffet is so expensive. They only have to sell 50 a day, so $50 each.

Leave a comment:

• ModHatter
    replied
    Yes, WDW's Little Indy is actually a C ticket at best, considering it is equivalent to Autopia, which was a C back in 1972.

Indiana Jones is strictly E ticket.

Star Tours, I think, would also have to be demoted to D.

Here are the other E tickets of 1972, as listed on http://www.justdisney.com/Features/tickets.html

* Mine Train Ride (Frontierland)
    * Pack Mules (Frontierland)
    * Jungle River Cruise (Adventureland)
    * It's a Small World (Fantasyland)
    * Disneyland-Alweg Monorail Trains (Tomorrowland)
    * Matterhorn Bobsleds (Fantasyland)
    * Enchanted Tiki Room(Adventureland)
    * Submarine Voyage (Tomorrowland)
    * Pirates of the Caribbean (New Orleans Square)
    * Country Bear Jamboree (Bear Country)
    * Haunted Mansion (New Orleans Square)

Pack Mules??? Maybe it was a different standard back then. That, or using live animals made it more expensive to operate... JC out, small world is iffy, Monorail has to be out until they get rid of Autopia and put something new to see in that whole area, tiki room out, and of course the closed attractions.

Leave a comment:

• SilentBob66
    replied
    All this talk of what is or is not an E-ticket is superfluous. There are no E tickets anymore, because there are no ticket books anymore. Which is stupid.

Leave a comment:

• dshimel
    replied
    Originally posted by LeeLi
    Star Tours is an E? seems more like at least a D to me.
    It is an E to anyone that hasn't been to DL 50+ times over the last 18 years. It can pull a pretty good line mid-day summer and holiday when the park reaches max "tourist denisty". When the park is full of locals... it is a walk-on.

Leave a comment:

• dshimel
    replied
    Jungle Cruise
    Indianna Jones
    Haunted Mansion
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Splash Mt.
    Big Thunder
    Matterhorn FL-side
    Matterhorn TL-side
    Space Mt.
    Star Tours

Ex-E, now D:
    Autopia (an E-Ticket to anyone over 10 but under 16)
    Small world (could be considered an E given the length and how much there is to see.)
    Monorail
    Tiki Room

They needed to add an E-Ticket ever 5 years or so, when the park only had a few. Now that the park has 10, they simply don't need to keep adding more.

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyland Lover
    D-Ticket myself!
    :confused:

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    Originally posted by dshimel
    Wha????? Indianna Jones and the Temple of Doom is most certainly a DL ride.
    You mean the 'temple of the forbidden eye'?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X