Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sub being painted

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sub being painted

    I found this picture of it being painted. Now I am not sure if that is primer of if they are painting it grey. What I don't understand is how they can possibly paint the submarines when this is not a dust free environment which is vital for a good automotive paint job? That is why when you go to get your car painted there is a downdraft paint booth that it is put in. Thanks for the picture kidred001. Here is a photo update for 3/28. http://www.mousetimes.com/dlrpictorials/03_28_06/

    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 03-28-2006, 06:04 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Sub being painted

    It looks sort of like they pulled all of the paint off and are starting again. My guess is that they will be yellow again, per concept art. Also Yellow so much more livelier than grey.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sub being painted

      Cool spy photo, James Bond...

      Thanks!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sub being painted

        Originally posted by lazyboy97O
        It looks sort of like they pulled all of the paint off and are starting again. My guess is that they will be yellow again, per concept art. Also Yellow so much more livelier than grey.
        Well at least the rust is gone.
        I guess that explains why they had that giant piece of plastic over the entrance to the cave because of the fumes. Are all the subs inside that cave or is it only that one?

        What I am worried with is the quality of the paint they are using because of the new California laws that were put into place since they painted the attraction last time. The paint gets damaged and fades way easier. Since the water accelerates the deterioration process I can only wonder what they are going to do to combat the erosion.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sub being painted

          I thought Earl Scheib gave a 5 year warranty with it's paint?
          sigpic

          This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sub being painted

            Originally posted by Druggas
            I thought Earl Scheib gave a 5 year warranty with it's paint?
            The only problem is that they don't paint it 20 years at a time because they have to drain the whole lagoon to do so. The paint they used before is illegal now to use in California because they claim it pollutes the atmosphere.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sub being painted

              Are you guys sure that's a sub? I don't see any windows, port holes, or anything.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sub being painted

                Originally posted by Captain EO
                Are you guys sure that's a sub? I don't see any windows, port holes, or anything.
                You dont see the portholes at the bottom? Look closely under the scaffolding.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sub being painted

                  Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                  You dont see the portholes at the bottom. Look closely under the scaffolding.
                  Oh I see now!!! Nevermind then

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sub being painted

                    Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                    The only problem is that they don't paint it 20 years at a time because they have to drain the whole lagoon to do so. The paint they used before is illegal now to use in California because they claim it pollutes the atmosphere.
                    Probably causes cancer too.

                    The subs do have a dry dock. My guess would be that they just have to keep them in rotation, which they should do any ways for maintainence.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sub being painted

                      Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                      Probably causes cancer too.

                      The subs do have a dry dock. My guess would be that they just have to keep them in rotation, which they should do any ways for maintainence.
                      This explains why they had to cover the track with a special tent when they stripped the paint. But what I dont understand is why it isn't possible to do the same when they want to repaint it with the same ultra strong paint. If the person is wearing a mask then there should be no problem.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sub being painted

                        how was this photo taken? I wanna know plz!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sub being painted

                          Originally posted by FutureImagineer183
                          how was this photo taken? I wanna know plz!
                          At night on the monorail station through one of the holes in the tarp. It made it possible because they had the lights shining on the sub.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sub being painted

                            Damn, that camera must have good zoom ! I was expecting an answer like this "He snuck the tarps and took pic quickly, b4 getting caught!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Sub being painted

                              Originally posted by FutureImagineer183
                              Damn, that camera must have good zoom ! I was expecting an answer like this "He snuck the tarps and took pic quickly, b4 getting caught!"
                              They put holes in the tarp unpurpose so people can take pictures. They let you do it freely while you are waiting for the monorail.
                              Last edited by Disneyfreak; 03-28-2006, 04:19 PM.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X