• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DL_CRAZE
    Waiting 4 DCA Demolition
    • Mar 2005

The Sorry State of ToonTown

Toontown has become a land which is breaking down day by day. It has become a place where adults dont really wanna go and has taken away some kid friendly entertainment as well. Toontown in some ways changed negatively dramatically in the last couple of years. First of all, at the moment, there i no longer transportion in toontown because the jolly trolleys are not operating. Second, many people do not want to ride Gadget's Go Coaster because it is a long line just for a 30 second coaster and mostly get on it due to their kids. Many of the kid friendy attractions such as Toon Park and Chip n' Dale Treehouse are no longer kid oriented. Toon Park is no longer a fun area for toddlers, instead, it is sit down spot. Chip n' Dale Treehouse is now a walk through area and no longer has a slide and ball n' crawl for the children. Goofy's bounce house can only be experienced by sall children and not adults. Adults dont want to spend hours in line for Roger Rabbit's spin ride when they can go to a more popular land like Tomorrowland and go on Buzz Lightyear' spin ride. Besides Roger Rabbit being open a couple of months after toontown opened, toontown has never got an attraction since it debuted and is yet another reason to visit the land. I think Toontown today is at it's weakest point and is no longer an area which is fresh and in my opinion is not really worth a visit.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

yea...the last few times i've been to DL. i havn't even bothered goin to toontown. and if i did, it was just to see what was new.....which has been nothing for the longest time. it definitely needs a facelift and something new

Comment

• DisneyGal
      Queen of Randomness
      • Jan 2005

I usually don't go there. The only time I go on Roger Rabbit is when it first opens and there's no line. It's not something for the whole family to enjoy, just small children.
      sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
      A Photographed Life
      12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

• fearsnda
        Leave 'em wanting more!
        • Jan 2005

I direct you to the Jolly Trolley thread: http://www.micechat.com/showthread.p...ighlight=Jolly

For the record I can still find no signs of the JT backstage.
        ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

• squinky
          that's right!
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
          Adults dont want to spend hours in line for Roger Rabbit's spin ride when they can go to a more popular land like Tomorrowland and go on Buzz Lightyear' spin ride. Besides Roger Rabbit being open a couple of months after toontown opened, toontown has never got an attraction since it debuted and is yet another reason to visit the land.
          Toontown is primarily for kids, first of all.

And I love Roger Rabbit. It's one of the best rides at the park, in my opinion, and now that the fastpass situation has changed it has little to no wait.

Comment

• Gwyren
            Feel the breeze!
            • Apr 2005

I would also recommend that Toontown gets a coat of pain. It is painful to see how dull the colors look.

Comment

• DustMeUpTink
              Disney Blood Sisters
              • Apr 2005

I like the idea of Toontown and love the Roger Rabbit ride. I think it just needs to cleaned up because it really has been breaking down. (and they need to replace that go-go coaster or make it longer or something worthwhile! Unfortunately my little cousins I bring along absolutely love it)
              "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                MiceChatter
                • Feb 2005

At least our Toontown has a Roger Rabbit ... Unlike WDW's ...

Comment

• Jspider
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                  Toontown has become a land which is breaking down day by day. It has become a place where adults dont really wanna go and has taken away some kid friendly entertainment as well. Toontown in some ways changed negatively dramatically in the last couple of years.

First of all, at the moment, there i no longer transportion in toontown because the jolly trolleys are not operating.

Second, many people do not want to ride Gadget's Go Coaster because it is a long line just for a 30 second coaster and mostly get on it due to their kids. Many of the kid friendy attractions such as Toon Park and Chip n' Dale Treehouse are no longer kid oriented.

Toon Park is no longer a fun area for toddlers, instead, it is sit down spot. Chip n' Dale Treehouse is now a walk through area and no longer has a slide and ball n' crawl for the children. Goofy's bounce house can only be experienced by sall children and not adults.

Adults dont want to spend hours in line for Roger Rabbit's spin ride when they can go to a more popular land like Tomorrowland and go on Buzz Lightyear' spin ride.

Besides Roger Rabbit being open a couple of months after toontown opened, toontown has never got an attraction since it debuted and is yet another reason to visit the land. I think Toontown today is at it's weakest point and is no longer an area which is fresh and in my opinion is not really worth a visit.
                  Toontown requires more maintenence then most lands because it is the most artificial and thus takes more damage and is harder to fix (though they've done wonders in fixing it latly)

first of all it was Pressler who shut down the Jolly Trolly and even before that crowds have generaly been to heavy for the Trolly to ever be out

second how can many people not want to go and the line still be to long o_O sounds like some sort of paradox

if rumors of chip and dale are true then i'd never want to jump into that acorn crawl o_O that's just gross, as for the bounce house yeah adults can't go on it but even if they could it'd be a desaster what if an adult bounces off a kid? are adults even into bouncing? (it's decent and hey they have that ship for kids to climb around too)

did this happen recently? I saw plenty of adults and teens interested in Roger Rabbit this last summer it's line was pretty long but we were lucky enough to have most of them dissapear when the ride broke down and it was working again 15min later and once the people who cut in front of us ran in >_> me and my Cousin went on it

Toontown not being fresh is really an opinion it's fine as is and is no less fresh then say Fantasyland? (which I've totaly avoided for the last couple of trips now unless you count the Matterhorn *I don't, it's more of it's own land along with whatever goes in with the subs*)

Toontown is fine for what it is and is so interactive I don't see how it could be the weakest point (once Tomorrowland is finished I don't think there will be any LANDS that I'll specificaly call weak)
                  "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                    I was deleted.
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                    At least our Toontown has a Roger Rabbit ... Unlike WDW's ...
                    Well that is an optimistic way to look at it. I agree with that one!! Either that or you just like to look at Jessica Rabbit?

Originally posted by Gwyren
                    I would also recommend that Toontown gets a coat of pain. It is painful to see how dull the colors look.
                    I also must agree on this one. But from the pictures I have taken from the park and seen in updates... like Al's, EM's etc. it always seems to be getting painted and the paint wears off so quickly and looks terrible. Is it because of the paint used or the wear and tear of that area of the park because there is no where to go that it keeps coming off so quickly? I honestly do not know.

Comment

• ocnative1964
                      • Jan 2005

^^^ thats why the keep it as is... the kids love that coaster...

Comment

• Gwyren
                        Feel the breeze!
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                        Is it because of the paint used or the wear and tear of that area of the park because there is no where to go that it keeps coming off so quickly? I honestly do not know.
                        I may be wrong, but to myself Toontown looks mostly made of plastics. It really looks like the base plastic color has faded on a lot of it. I have no idea what type of paints could be used to make it look good again, but they do need to make the effort.

I love the concept of Toontown, I really like Roger Rabbit, and I love the thought that people can go there and almost always find Mickey, Minnie, and some of the gang.

Comment

• yensid1987
                          Northwest Disneyphile
                          • Jan 2005

Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

• jepple
                            Once more, with feeling!
                            • Mar 2005

Even Donald Duck's boat is detierierating. The slide that was there when it opened is long gone, and the climbing ropes and spiral stairs are now defunct. All it really is now is an observation deck at the top (although it is an excellent view.)

Comment

• DisneyMickey
                              Banned User
                              • Jan 2005

Did they ever paint that area by Town Hall that was really dirty and all the handrails were rusted and badly peeling?

Comment

• fearsnda
                                Leave 'em wanting more!
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jepple
                                Even Donald Duck's boat is detierierating. The slide that was there when it opened is long gone, and the climbing ropes and spiral stairs are now defunct. All it really is now is an observation deck at the top (although it is an excellent view.)
                                there was a slide?
                                ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

• Disney Analyst
                                  Behind the refurb walls..
                                  • Apr 2005

They've been working on toontown alot though. There refurbing the fountains, did some work on rogger rabb. There as far as I have seen repaint minnies house. There re-doing the backdrops with paint etc. There trying their best, the sign look amazing to walk into toon town... But I agree and go-go coaster... 30 seconds for a 30 minute line... (needs more attractions, maybe a mickey saving minnie ride)

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                  ~

Comment

• ModHatter
                                    Minion
                                    • Jan 2005

I was there a few months ago for the first time in a LONG time... there just wasn't anything appealing to do. It's little more than the San Francisco area near GRR, only in the San Francisco area, you at least have the knowledge that you will eventually reach the other end and be somewhere else. Toon Town, you look around, yawn, and then have to backtrack.

It's an interesting theme, but utterly lacking in content.
                                    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                                    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                                      I was deleted.
                                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Evan-500
                                      They've been working on toontown alot though. There refurbing the fountains, did some work on rogger rabb. There as far as I have seen repaint minnies house. There re-doing the backdrops with paint etc. There trying their best, the sign look amazing to walk into toon town... But I agree and go-go coaster... 30 seconds for a 30 minute line... (needs more attractions, maybe a mickey saving minnie ride)
                                      Like I mentioned earlier, I know that they are working on it. When I was there in January they were working on the Mouse's house. We have also seen the photo reports of paint here and there... slowly. It was even named "Tarp Town". But just how long will it stay in that condition? It appears as if soon after it's repainted, etc. it starts to look worn out! I think they won't get around to fixing it until the other parts of the park are handled first... so they better do it right this time! I am doubting they will. :confused:

Comment

• Imagineer1985
                                        • Feb 2005

Toon Town is fun to explore. The coaster is short and great for a kiddies first thrill ride. This land was intended for children to have fun. Unfortunately due to the theme park guest many of these playground elements have been taken out. Roger Rabbit is in my opinion the best traditional dark ride at Dland.

The obvious addition would be Philharmagic. Make a Opera house facade and it would fit in perfectly. My only worry is that it will suffer what pooh suffered... being in a far off place in the park where noone really goes.
                                        Last edited by Imagineer1985; 03-30-2005, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X