• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPTexan82
    I am in Orlando
    • Jan 2005

There Is A Free Tour They Dont Want You To Know About

Well I found this out when I was at GC this past sunday the 26th. We walked over the the GC from PP after we ate breakfast at Lilo and Stich while we were staying at the DLH.
    It was about 9 am and we were going to wait till 9:30 until they opened DCA for the early entry into Sorain when some lady asked me about the tour for Sorain at 9:15, well I just joined up with them. So we got the be the first in the park at 9:15 and they give you a over view of the park with a guide and he then takes you on Sorain before others get there. There was only about 15 to 20 of us on this day.

So my girlfriend and I went on Wed to do the same tour and the tour guide was turing people away who didnt ask about the tour. But if you asked about it you get to come along. He also said dont tell any one about this ever. Which I thought was weried but ok. ITS FREE which makes it even better.

Did any of yall know about this????
  • Dustysage
    Man of mystery and
    MiceChat Administrator
    • Jan 2005

Re: There Is A Free Tour They Dont Want You To Know About

Is this a tour for Grand Californian Hotel guests? They also do a free tour of the Grand Cal hotel. Perhaps it is just a hotel perk that they don't want non-guests to know about.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

• SCUBAbe
      no flash photography...
      • Jan 2005

yes, I thought it was available to those staying in the GCH...at least thats how it was explained to me when I stayed there...

Comment

• JPTexan82
        I am in Orlando
        • Jan 2005

Well I was staying at DLH for the week and there was guest I got to talking too that was staying there at DLH too. Mostly GC guest though. They didnt even check for resort ID's or anything like that.

Comment

• Dustysage
          Man of mystery and
          MiceChat Administrator
          • Jan 2005

They won't keep non-hotel guests out of the Grand Cal hotel tour either, but they are the ones that it is for.
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Save

Comment

• JPTexan82
            I am in Orlando
            • Jan 2005

PROVE IT DUSTYSAGE. Have you done it??? How come two different tour guides never asked for any ID for the resort. And never once did they metion that it was just for GC.

Comment

• ksejr1
              pronounced, Casey Jr. 1
              • Apr 2005

Orlando doing good
              http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
              Princess of Randomness

Comment

• Dustysage
                Man of mystery and
                MiceChat Administrator
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by JPTexan82
                PROVE IT DUSTYSAGE. Have you done it??? How come two different tour guides never asked for any ID for the resort. And never once did they metion that it was just for GC.
                I must say that I'm a bit perplexed why you are attacking me in all caps??? All I did was respond to your question.

I have taken the hotel tour (more than once), but have never heard of a Sorin' tour. I was simply making the point that they do have tours which are free for hotel guests but which they didn't prevent me from attending (even though I was not a hotel guest at the time).

Perhaps there is more to your thread than you mention. You seemed awefully upset over a simple response. What are you really trying to say or prove that you would be so upset that I was also able to take a free tour?

Save

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                  no flash photography...
                  • Jan 2005

When i stayed at the GCH hotel they said the soarin tour was for hotel guests. Now, whether they ask for hotel ID or not I don't know....and I don't care...if the tours are that small maybe they don't care either, but if they start filling up maybe they will ask....all I know is when I stayed at the DLH and PPH they tour was not mentioned, but they did make sure we knew about it at the GCH.

Comment

• JPTexan82
                    I am in Orlando
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dustysage
                    I must say that I'm a bit perplexed why you are attacking me in all caps??? All I did was respond to your question.

I have taken the hotel tour (more than once), but have never heard of a Sorin' tour. I was simply making the point that they do have tours which are free for hotel guests but which they didn't prevent me from attending (even though I was not a hotel guest at the time).

Perhaps there is more to your thread than you mention. You seemed awefully upset over a simple response. What are you really trying to say or prove that you would be so upset that I was also able to take a free tour?

i am not really getting upset, I was just really messing with you. Please dont get up set over the caps. I was just putting this out there for people and their future trips to DCA. Just a little perk so to speak.

The tour guide did say not everyone that works at the hotel knows about the tour, "ONLY A FEW SELECT CAST MEMBERS" for some reason they dont want this to get out. its not published in anything

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                      no flash photography...
                      • Jan 2005

^^
                      ummm...I'm pretty sure it was on the handout they gave us when we checked in....they weren't keeping it a secret at check in either I heard them tell a few people, but this was a a year or so ago....

the GCH also use to have an arts and crafts tour of the hotel and scavenger type hunts for kids...

Comment

• pixie chick
                        Prefect

• Jun 2005

just a little tip: smilies help a lot here at MC (and everywhere else online). it's hard to "get" the sarcasm or playfulness in posts sometimes.

anyway...i've stayed at the GCH a couple of times & although they mentioned the hotel tour, i didn't hear about the soarin' tour. i wonder if it's a new thing & that's why not all the CM's know about it.
                        <o>

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                          no flash photography...
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by pixie chick
                          just a little tip: smilies help a lot here at MC (and everywhere else online). it's hard to "get" the sarcasm or playfulness in posts sometimes.

anyway...i've stayed at the GCH a couple of times & although they mentioned the hotel tour, i didn't hear about the soarin' tour. i wonder if it's a new thing & that's why not all the CM's know about it.
                          It's not new. They told us about it when we stayed there for the AP preview of TOT...that may have been 2 or 3 years ago....the morning fitness walk through dca sounds fun also...

Comment

• pixie chick
                            Prefect

• Jun 2005

interesting...never heard of either one of them. (not that i'm saying i don't believe you!) maybe they can sense i'm a night-owl at check-in & don't bother to tell me about them! :lol:
                            <o>

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                              no flash photography...
                              • Jan 2005

I may have asked if they had perks at the hotel, but I know some of the stuff was on this flyer type thing that was in the room...

Comment

• ALIASd
                                Top Shelf!
                                MiceChat News Team
                                • Jun 2005

We were offered the AM tour into DCA last time staying at GCH for fun too, and took it (in the rain).
                                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• pixie chick
                                  Prefect

• Jun 2005

ok. that settles it. they just hate me.
                                  <o>

Comment

• ALIASd
                                    Top Shelf!
                                    MiceChat News Team
                                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by pixie chick
                                    ok. that settles it. they just hate me.
                                    I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that we used them for the clandestine 'drop-off' point for the 'top secret' envelope not too long ago.
                                    COMPLETELY breaking their strictly-enforced proceedure - ha!
                                    No match for us - Rambaldi, schlamaldi!
                                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• pixie chick
                                      Prefect

• Jun 2005

hahaha! next time we'll have to schedule a dead drop.
                                      <o>

Comment

• ALIASd
                                        Top Shelf!
                                        MiceChat News Team
                                        • Jun 2005

Speaking of which - have you seen Bradley ("Will Tippin") Cooper in 'Failure To Launch'? WOWZER! Drop Dead Gorgeous! Can't wait for his triumphant return in a few weeks!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X