This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That Thing You Do!" "Marvin's Room" and other films at Disney Parks

Marvin's Room was on HBO the other night (it has a long sequence at WDW in Orlando.) It got me wondering what other films have been shot at Disney parks.

I know That Thing You Do! had a scene at DL featuring the Matterhorn.

Can anyone think of any other mainstream films (not promtional specials or TV shows) that had scenes at a Disney park?
    sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Re: "That Thing You Do!" "Marvin's Room" and other films at Disney Parks

Here is IMDB's listing of things filmed on location at Disneyland:
    http://www.imdb.com/List?endings=on&...ifornia,%20USA

It includes all the promo stuff too and probably is complete but at least it's a start.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Awesome! I didn't even know you could search "filming locations" on IMDB. I think I will have to find 40 Pounds of Trouble (1962). It's a Tony Curtis film that aparantly spends a significant amount of time at Disneyland.
      sigpic
      Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Although not really filmed at Disneyland or even called Disneyland in the movie "Escape from L.A." Had what was supposed to be DL after an earthquake makes the Los Angeles area an island that gets turned into a Penal Colony. It's a really bad resemblance of the park.

Comment

40 Pounds of Trouble is a so-so film. It has a wacky chase through the park if I remember it correctly...

Comment

I believe some of the chase was through the old Nature's Wonderland attraction, the geyser area.

Also, there was a Sandy Duncan comedy special showcasing the Haunted Mansion. I know there was another made for tv show that had to deal with the Haunted Mansion, or using it as a back drop.

Comment

I can't remeber or think of any other films, or I would have seen them.

Another note: Not that many television shows (mostly sitcoms I'm talking) head to Disneyland, they all head to WDW (Full House, Family Matters, Roseanne, etc).

The only things from Disneyland with TV I remember seeing was the re-opening of Tomorrowland (1998) with Alex Trebek ( I think..) and also a concert by Bewitched, girl band that was Ireland's answer to the Spice Girls.

Comment

i loved "that thing you do." the shots at DL were fast, but fun. great movie!!
                <o>

Comment

Re: &quot;That Thing You Do!&quot; &quot;Marvin's Room&quot; and other films at Disney Parks

Originally posted by pixie chick
                  i loved "that thing you do." the shots at DL were fast, but fun. great movie!!
                  I don't even remember that part.
                  sigpic
                  Elsa's and Anna's
                  Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Re: &quot;That Thing You Do!&quot; &quot;Marvin's Room&quot; and other films at Disney Parks

Thanks for the info.

That THing You Do is one of my all time fav's!!! I watch it all the time. Saw it about 15 times in the theatre.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X