Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the coffee gross at DLR (as it is at WDW)?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the coffee gross at DLR (as it is at WDW)?

Sadly, WDW has a contract with... (gulp)... Nescafe so pretty much wherever you go at WDW the coffee is just gross (some exceptions... Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, a Starbucks at the Swan/Dolphin, some African coffees at the Animal Kingdom Lodge). Does DL also have a contract with Nescafe, or can I expect a good cup of joe? Please give your expert recommendations for good coffee! Thanks, thanks and THANKS! (I need my coffee.)

I've never been impressed, and I know in the past there have been NesCafe machines in Disneyland.....I agree, it sucks.

I was verrrry cranky when we were there in December. I've gotten used to certain lattes that I can't get at Disneyland.

And by certain lattes I mean triple venti soy lattes or at the time....triple venti pumpkin soy lattes. I'm very hooked on certain drinks, so I have a hard time going somewhere that I can't get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sters
      Sadly, WDW has a contract with... (gulp)... Nescafe so pretty much wherever you go at WDW the coffee is just gross (some exceptions... Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, a Starbucks at the Swan/Dolphin, some African coffees at the Animal Kingdom Lodge). Does DL also have a contract with Nescafe, or can I expect a good cup of joe? Please give your expert recommendations for good coffee! Thanks, thanks and THANKS! (I need my coffee.)
      Here we here at the DLR wrote up an entire thread to that very issue, I hope this helpful. To gleen what I could from the post here is my advice.

1.) La Brea Bakery right as you exit the tram has great coffee and reasonably priced. They have a bakery with a full pastery selection and speciality drinks. They also have a cart where you can get the basics, like just a cup of coffee.
      2.) The park coffee does in fact suck. Expect to pay more and find lots of coffee grinds in the bottom of your cup.
      3.) The roast beans in DCA, check it out, right side in the train cars just as you enter the sun plaza area. For an afternoon delight try the Malibu Frapp, the only blended frozen coffee drink I have ever really enjoyed because its sweet but not too sweet and uses real coffee.

Hope that helps -=Tom=- "Coffee adict and Disney fanatic"

Comment

Stinkerbell: have you tried La Brea Cafe (sp?) in Downtown Disney?

I don't usually drink coffee while on vacation, but vaguely remember that it's decent there.

Sters: Since Nestle has all the Nestle stuff in DL (Bakery, Cone shop, Gibson Girl), my guess is that Nescafe probably is the coffee that's served.

But others here might actually know this for a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by nish221
          Stinkerbell: have you tried La Brea Cafe (sp?) in Downtown Disney?
          I have. I try not to go in there, as I can't leave without a turkey bacon sandwich on their fresh bread.....dangerous place! The coffee is good though!

Compass Books also makes good lattes. I had a cinnamon mocha there that was great.

Comment

Coffee _is_ gross.
            So, yes.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
              Coffee _is_ gross.
              So, yes.
              I was going to say that! :lol:
              Honor those who fall under the sword.
              But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Yeah, there coffee is gross, but I will go coffeeless if I had to drink starbucks.
                Are we there Yet? :devil:

Comment

No way!
                  I have a severe starbucks habit!

As a java junkie, I have to confess, it isn't the best, but I still like to stroll Mainstreet in the morning with my cup of coffee, so I live with it.
                  I agree about the La Brea Cafe`. I try to stop for a latte there on the way back to the room. The sandwiches are really good also.
                  Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Coffee _is_ gross.
                    So, yes.
                    Coffee is an aquired taste and not everyone aquires it like many liquors, beers, wines, etc.

Comment

Very true. I don't even like the smell on it.
                      I don't like the taste of beer either.
                      Though it seems like it'd be a lot more fun to try to aquire the taste for alcohol than coffee...
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I love how La Brea Bakery is at Downtown Disney after having grown up eating their bread from time to time. So good.

Ya'll Starbucks sucks. FIND THE NEAREST COFFEE BEAN!

I must say, though, that Mickey's Hot Choclate is amazingly gooood.
                        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Very true. I don't even like the smell on it.
                          I don't like the taste of beer either.
                          Though it seems like it'd be a lot more fun to try to aquire the taste for alcohol than coffee...
                          See thats where we part company...I would much rather live in a world where more people aquired a taste for coffee and were peppy and bouncing off the walls- we don't need more people to aquire a taste for alcohol, cause that means more alcoholics and drunks- yeah for being the DD with the cup of coffee in his hand at all times, I swear I will learn to asborb it threw the white paper cup and straight into my blood stream one of these days!

Comment

I found that the coffee in the actual parks (especially DCA for some reason) is awful. It always tastes so watered down and bland. But I really like the coffee from the La Brea Bakery on Downtown Disney right outside the gates.

Comment

Have had the cofee at DL but never DCA or La Brea Bakery avid coffee drinker here! Dont care too much for DL's either. My favorite coffee is at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf I know its not at eh resort sorry! not too far from though! State College and Lincoln!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

Originally posted by robotpirates
                                Ya'll Starbucks sucks. FIND THE NEAREST COFFEE BEAN!
                                I agree Charbucks is terrible. Long live Coffee Bean! :bow:

Comment

I guess this is a good a place to post this as any.

Have any of you noticed on the Indiana Jones Adventure that it smells like coffee as soon as you pass by the first statue of Mara in the Chamber of Destiny/Fortune/Youth room?

Or am I just nuts?

Comment

LOL I dunno man I havent noticed it but when I go next week I will pay attention for sure!!!!

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

Originally posted by monorail1

Have any of you noticed on the Indiana Jones Adventure that it smells like coffee as soon as you pass by the first statue of Mara in the Chamber of Destiny/Fortune/Youth room?

Or am I just nuts?
                                      You know they say when you have a brain tumor you start having phantom smells..."Its not a tumma"- Governator

Comment

Originally posted by monorail1

Or am I just nuts?
                                        Hmmmm.... I think we're nuts, because I thought I smelled this *once*, but
                                        have never smelled it again.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X