Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the coffee gross at DLR (as it is at WDW)?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Shucks...we've been down this road before in another thread but here goes: A lot of previous posters are right:

La Brea Bakery right outside the gate is very good. Breads, pastries and sandwiches are beyond good.

Granville's and Napa Rose make good coffee and they should at those prices!

I also can't stand Starbucks and I am a coffee lover.

Pumpkin King and monorail1 are correct, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is delightful, ...we have one here in Palm Desert and another opening soon in Palm Springs. But State College and Lincoln is a little outta the way for a tourist.

I've been told that all the left over coffee is gathered in a vat and used by the nighttime crew as a weed killer in the park.
    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller

I've been told that all the left over coffee is gathered in a vat and used by the nighttime crew as a weed killer in the park.
      And we drink that stuff, greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Comment

Sorry all, but I have to confess that I love Starbucks. In fact, we usually grab one from the local shop and bring it back into DL with us after dinner. So, of the few people you see with it in the park, chances are that one of 'em is me.

Comment

I tried not to love Starbucks....but I pretty much live on the stuff now. I'm there once a day, sometimes twice. The other neighborhood coffee bistro.....is actually also owned by Starbucks, and I have three other Starbucks with spitting distance in my neighborhood, so I'm a bit stuck.

You don't hear me complaining though....just um, my bank account and my husband....and my dentist....and anyone who is unfortunate to come across me pre-caffeine...... :devil:

Comment

Let's see....a Starbucks Grande Chocolate Brownie Frappachino (Frozen coffee/chocolate milkshake like thing) is 490 calories. - 14 grams of fat.

One- two oz. shot of Jack Daniels is about 125 calories. - 0 grams of fat.

I'm on the low fat diet!

Originally posted by ah Shucks
            I would much rather live in a world where more people aquired a taste for coffee and were peppy and bouncing off the walls...
            After having been a waitress for a number of years, I can tell you that there is NOTHING meaner than a coffee drinker without his caffeine! Drunks can't hold a candle to Those guys.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

I also can't stand Starbucks and I am a coffee lover.
              I have to clarify my previous post. My only experiences with Starbucks have been their regular coffee. Coffee is a sometime thing for me at the end of a good meal or occasionally in the morning which I only drink with a touch of milk or cream.

I don't understand all these hundreds of combos and flavors which is definitely a generational thing. Same thing with Iced Tea...I stopped at Panda Express a few weeks ago for a lunch combo and they didn't have a plain, unsweetened one available. A raspberry and some other fruity thing were all they offered. I took the raspberry and one sip was all I could take. Horrible!
              "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59
                After having been a waitress for a number of years, I can tell you that there is NOTHING meaner than a coffee drinker without his caffeine! Drunks can't hold a candle to Those guys.
                <--------or Gals. :o :devil:

Comment

I think everyone making the big comparisons between Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and Starbucks are being silly. Both companies buy quality coffee beans and do a fine job. You may or may not like their selections on a given day, but both are better than bland run-of-the-mill Nescafe.

I think it's sad that Disney would even have a contract with a foreign company like Nestle instead of major American coffee companies like Maxwell House (part of Kraft Foods), Yuban (also Kraft), Folger's (Proctor & Gamble), or, like they once did, Hills Bros. (along with Chock Full o' Nuts, MJB, and Chase & Sanborn, part of Sara Lee Coffee), although a deal with a major gourmet coffee distributor like Starbucks, Seattle's Best Coffee, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, or, since it's local to Orange County, Diedrich Coffee, would be terrific.
                  My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Bwahaha.....and Starbucks owns Seattle's Best....bwahahaha.....won't be long til they own it all.... :devil:

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm starting to get sucked into the Starbucks vortex. I love Vanilla Lattes... so good. I always get decaf though, so hopefully I won't become TOO addicted...

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell
                        Bwahaha.....and Starbucks owns Seattle's Best....bwahahaha.....won't be long til they own it all.... :devil:
                        Oh do they? I wasn't aware of that. Fine by me. I like Starbucks. My next-door neighbor's a barista at a 24-hour Starbucks here in Houston (with the highest sales record in the country). I usually prefer the Caffe Mocha, but I like trying out new flavors now and then. I liked the Pumpkin Spice Latte and I've enjoyed the Peppermint Mocha at Christmastime. They have a wide enough variety for just about anyone to find something to enjoy. Just wish they weren't so durned pricey.
                        My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

Comment

Have you ever tried to drink a plain cup of Starbucks?...YUCK!

Comment

All coffee is gross, no exceptions. I will only take a nice mocha, and french vanilla capp.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                            ~

Comment

A cup of normal Starbucks Coffee tastes like burnt motor oil! I cannot stand their coffee.

Oh, and for Vanilla Latte's try Coffee Bean's. Again, amazing as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Sters
                                ...a Starbucks at the Swan/Dolphin...
                                Jeez, how have I missed that??!! After all the time I've spent at the Epcot Resorts, too. Dang it! That's the one thing that disturbs me on my trip is not being able to get to a Starbucks. Thanks for that info!

But about DLR... as others have mentioned, Compass Books in Downtown Disney has good stuff. And it's right across from the DtD Monorail station so you can zip over on the Monorail, get your fix, and then hitch a ride back. It's a nice break actually and a good excuse to ride the Monorail.

Comment

Which roast, though, House Blend, LightNote Blend, Breakfast Blend, something darker? Sure, I've had some of the regular coffees, and while they're certainly stronger in flavor than something I might get at a coffee shop or 7-Eleven, they're not bad at all. Then again, I've been drinking coffee for around 2 decades.

Coffee is like wine - everyone has their own tastes, their own likes and dislikes. And sure, not everyone likes the taste or smell of coffee, that's fine, but if you're not a coffee fan, why even discuss it? Does anyone really benefit from hearing some non-coffee drinker chime in with "coffee's gross and I don't drink it"? Great, glad to hear it, more for us, move on. Like we really needed to hear that opinion. Have some tea, hot chocolate (btw, Starbuck's Chantico hot chocolate is divine, like drinking a candy bar), or something else if coffee's not your bag, but just making snarky comments about how you don't like what we're talking about is pointless.

Oh, and BTW, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf isn't available everywhere in the US, just California, Nevada, and Arizona (and some international locations as well).

Comment

Originally posted by monorail1
                                    A cup of normal Starbucks Coffee tastes like burnt motor oil! I cannot stand their coffee.
                                    1. Define "normal". 2. Ever thought maybe it was the barista's fault, that perhaps they haven't properly cleaned the brewing equipment? Residues do build up and make coffee bitter. It also could have been the water. A perfectly good blend of coffee can taste terrible if the water isn't clean or fresh enough.

By the way, why do you know what burnt motor oil tastes like?

If coffee tastes bad, it's more than likely the fault of whoever made it, not of the coffee itself or the company that sells it.

Comment

Fooey on Starbucks! Coffee Bean is gooooooood.

But when I'm at DL, I tank up on mint juleps and dole whips.
                                      ><> just call me n8 <><

Comment

Originally posted by 33 reject
                                        Fooey on Starbucks! Coffee Bean is gooooooood.

But when I'm at DL, I tank up on mint juleps and dole whips.
                                        LOL! Considering the mint juleps are heavily sugared syrupy concoctions and nothing like a real mint julep, that's a tad ironic.

Starbucks at least brews their own. It's not like it's Taster's Choice Instant.

Comment

Heavily sugared syrupy concoctions is what Disney's all about!
                                          Last edited by 33 reject; 03-31-2005, 06:05 PM.
                                          ><> just call me n8 <><

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X