Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the coffee gross at DLR (as it is at WDW)?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah schucks
    replied
    Originally posted by cellarhound
    Well, its a safe discussion that is slightly hedonistic... that most people can enjoy coffee...

I have yet to find a decent cup of joe at DLR... I hope to one day... A Starbucks Corporate sponsorship may be what the doctor ordered for Matt...
    In general point of fact- I agree with more slight sponserships that take the burden of the park indirectly off the corperation. May it be Starbucks or Coffee Bean, I agree with it. Now if only we could get more corporate sponsers for the rides again, then we could afford more refurbs and spend more money on new attractions and rethemeing for DCA.

Leave a comment:

• ilvdland
    replied
    I can't believe no one has mentioned this after 51 posts, but here goes......

On Main Street at the Market House is the only place in the park they sell "Disney Coffee", that's the stuff they actually sell at the Market House and at the World Of Disney. It is the ONLY coffee I can stomach in the park, as they also sell flavors (vanilla and hazelnut). But the best part is, for $2.50 for a "grande" size cup, you get refills ALL DAY with your receipt. You don't need to save the cup or anything, you just need to show your receipt. It is the best deal in the park!! Now granted, it's not the greatest coffee, but it sure beats Nescafe!!!!!! My friends always get mad at me because no matter where we are, I have to trek all the way to Main Street to get my refill. You would walk too for free refills!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Originally posted by TinkPink
    I think it's amazing how long you guys can make a thread go on about coffee!

Has anyone tried the new hot chocolate at Starbucks? It's like they melted a hershey bar and poured it into a cup. WAY too rich, for me anyway.
    Well, its a safe discussion that is slightly hedonistic... that most people can enjoy coffee...

I have yet to find a decent cup of joe at DLR... I hope to one day... A Starbucks Corporate sponsorship may be what the doctor ordered for Matt...

Leave a comment:

• TinkPink
    replied
    I think it's amazing how long you guys can make a thread go on about coffee!

Has anyone tried the new hot chocolate at Starbucks? It's like they melted a hershey bar and poured it into a cup. WAY too rich, for me anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Flint
    replied
    Starbucks isn't coffee. Coffee means coffee... black, no sugar, cream, or other additives.

Starbucks is a morning dessert. Check out the calorie content if you doubt me... That venti cup you drink probably has more than your whole lunch.

Starbucks was very crafty - they took a bitter drink and made it palatable enough for young teens (yes, I've seen 12 and 13 year olds getting drinks with their parents...), while increasing the addictive caffeine content. They've grabbed a whole new generation of coffee drinkers. The fact that it has a ridiculous amount of calories won't really hit home until the kids' metabolisms start to slow down, say, around 26 or so...

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    So you tastes motor oil?

Leave a comment:

• Momzilla59
    replied
    Originally posted by SilentBob66
    If coffee tastes bad, it's more than likely the fault of whoever made it, not of the coffee itself or the company that sells it.
    This is partially true, in that the roasters determine the final color of the finished bean, and as you said, the barista is responsible for the finished product. However, Starbucks' signature is, to most people's taste, a very dark, bitter burnt bean.
    Seattle's Best Coffee (acquired by Starbucks in 2003) has a signature of a lighter roasted bean with a less astringent flavor. As hard as it is for some of us to believe, there Are people who prefer the bitter flavor of Starbucks.
    There are also people who drink decaf .**shudder**
    Personally I prefer SBC. They have a wider range of flavors than Starbucks and a less corporate/trendy atmosphere. Most of SBC's product is sold in drive-thru, privately owned stands. One Starbucks is very much like another. You can't tell if you're in Seattle or Switzerland. They are a mega corporation bent on world domination evil evil evil...
    Support your local barrista!

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    Anyway, back to topic, Disneyland coffee sucks. Get the hot chocolate or go to La Brea Bakery, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied
    Originally posted by desertdweller
    The last two times I tried a regualr cup of coffee at Starbucks it was: House Blend in San Francisco last summer and Breakfast Blend in Palm Springs a few weeks ago. When I have a cup of coffee it is always unflavored with just a little milk or cream.

I've been drinking coffee for over 40 years and have tried dozens of premium blends and roasts. Personally, I think Starbucks is highly overrated and simply too strong on its own with a bitter/burned flavor. At home I stick to the classic measure of 1 tablespoon per cup.

The Starbucks Craze is all about sugary, flavored concoctions that appeal to a generation brought up on soft drinks and a media blitz that convinced many people to buy their product.
    Also raised the notion that a cup of coffee is worth $2.00 What happened to 50 centsor even 10 cents. I already know the answer, I'm Just venting

Leave a comment:

• desertdweller
    replied
    Which roast, though, House Blend, LightNote Blend, Breakfast Blend, something darker? Sure, I've had some of the regular coffees, and while they're certainly stronger in flavor than something I might get at a coffee shop or 7-Eleven, they're not bad at all. Then again, I've been drinking coffee for around 2 decades.

Coffee is like wine - everyone has their own tastes, their own likes and dislikes
    The last two times I tried a regualr cup of coffee at Starbucks it was: House Blend in San Francisco last summer and Breakfast Blend in Palm Springs a few weeks ago. When I have a cup of coffee it is always unflavored with just a little milk or cream.

I've been drinking coffee for over 40 years and have tried dozens of premium blends and roasts. Personally, I think Starbucks is highly overrated and simply too strong on its own with a bitter/burned flavor. At home I stick to the classic measure of 1 tablespoon per cup.

The Starbucks Craze is all about sugary, flavored concoctions that appeal to a generation brought up on soft drinks and a media blitz that convinced many people to buy their product.

Leave a comment:

• PumpkinKing!
    replied
    Originally posted by 33 reject
    Fooey on Starbucks! Coffee Bean is gooooooood.

But when I'm at DL, I tank up on mint juleps and dole whips.
    Long live these two drinks! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Leave a comment:

• PumpkinKing!
    replied
    I think everyone making the big comparisons between Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and Starbucks are being silly. Both companies buy quality coffee beans and do a fine job. You may or may not like their selections on a given day, but both are better than bland run-of-the-mill Nescafe.

I think it's sad that Disney would even have a contract with a foreign company like Nestle instead of major American coffee companies like Maxwell House (part of Kraft Foods), Yuban (also Kraft), Folger's (Proctor & Gamble), or, like they once did, Hills Bros. (along with Chock Full o' Nuts, MJB, and Chase & Sanborn, part of Sara Lee Coffee), although a deal with a major gourmet coffee distributor like Starbucks, Seattle's Best Coffee, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, or, since it's local to Orange County, Diedrich Coffee, would be terrific.

Here, here!

Leave a comment:

• travelmom
    replied
    Venti Latte...mmm...

I live around the corner from a drive-thru
    I go at least once, sometimes twice a day.
    Thats a $7.00 a day habit. Yikes...

Leave a comment:

• 33 reject
    replied
    Heavily sugared syrupy concoctions is what Disney's all about!
    Last edited by 33 reject; 03-31-2005, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SilentBob66
    replied
    Originally posted by 33 reject

LOL! Considering the mint juleps are heavily sugared syrupy concoctions and nothing like a real mint julep, that's a tad ironic.

Starbucks at least brews their own. It's not like it's Taster's Choice Instant.

Leave a comment:

• 33 reject
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SilentBob66
    replied
    Originally posted by monorail1
    A cup of normal Starbucks Coffee tastes like burnt motor oil! I cannot stand their coffee.
    1. Define "normal". 2. Ever thought maybe it was the barista's fault, that perhaps they haven't properly cleaned the brewing equipment? Residues do build up and make coffee bitter. It also could have been the water. A perfectly good blend of coffee can taste terrible if the water isn't clean or fresh enough.

By the way, why do you know what burnt motor oil tastes like?

If coffee tastes bad, it's more than likely the fault of whoever made it, not of the coffee itself or the company that sells it.

Leave a comment:

• SilentBob66
    replied
    Have you ever tried to drink a plain cup of Starbucks?...YUCK!
    Which roast, though, House Blend, LightNote Blend, Breakfast Blend, something darker? Sure, I've had some of the regular coffees, and while they're certainly stronger in flavor than something I might get at a coffee shop or 7-Eleven, they're not bad at all. Then again, I've been drinking coffee for around 2 decades.

Coffee is like wine - everyone has their own tastes, their own likes and dislikes. And sure, not everyone likes the taste or smell of coffee, that's fine, but if you're not a coffee fan, why even discuss it? Does anyone really benefit from hearing some non-coffee drinker chime in with "coffee's gross and I don't drink it"? Great, glad to hear it, more for us, move on. Like we really needed to hear that opinion. Have some tea, hot chocolate (btw, Starbuck's Chantico hot chocolate is divine, like drinking a candy bar), or something else if coffee's not your bag, but just making snarky comments about how you don't like what we're talking about is pointless.

Oh, and BTW, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf isn't available everywhere in the US, just California, Nevada, and Arizona (and some international locations as well).

Leave a comment:

• mickhyperion
    replied
    Originally posted by Sters
    ...a Starbucks at the Swan/Dolphin...
    Jeez, how have I missed that??!! After all the time I've spent at the Epcot Resorts, too. Dang it! That's the one thing that disturbs me on my trip is not being able to get to a Starbucks. Thanks for that info!

But about DLR... as others have mentioned, Compass Books in Downtown Disney has good stuff. And it's right across from the DtD Monorail station so you can zip over on the Monorail, get your fix, and then hitch a ride back. It's a nice break actually and a good excuse to ride the Monorail.

Leave a comment:

• monorail1
    replied
    Have you ever tried to drink a plain cup of Starbucks?...YUCK!
    A cup of normal Starbucks Coffee tastes like burnt motor oil! I cannot stand their coffee.

Oh, and for Vanilla Latte's try Coffee Bean's. Again, amazing as always.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X