This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sediment
    1. Maybe I won't. I don't take suggestions very well. Nor veiled threats from admins.
    2. To answer your question: I'm not. At least, I have no specific plans to be at DL for that specific day for that specific purpose.

As for the smiling, we all know that DL conquers over gloom. To think otherwise would be folly.
    1. You have not been threatened.

2. Too bad. It's a fun day!

Comment

I find it amusing, the negativity in this thread towards the gothic sub-culture, it really is. I certainly do not mind when someone disaproves of my appearence or makes a dim witted analysis of what they think the gothic sub-culture is all about. It's hilarous! I guess its because I do not seek acceptance from anyone, I don't need another persons approval to feel secure with who I am.

If I wasn't involved with the gothic sub-culture and I was at Disneyland on Bats Day, I'd have a hard time losing my Disney magic because of a group of people that dress with a darker flair than others. I suppose that is because there is already so many others that could sour my Disney magic, for example: People that dress in strips of material rather than actual clothing to maximize their flesh exposure, guys who wear pants that are 6 sizes too big for them so you get a consistant flash of too much underwear, girls who wear low riding pants so that thier thong can be more visible, people who are XXL but they are wearing XXS.

Sheesh, I could go on and on but you know what? I don't lose my Disney magic after all. It's because wether you are in Disneyland or not, people are going to dress the way they want regardless of what others think, so why waste energy and time on them? Just enjoy yourself, focus on what's important.

When people usually ask me why I wear all black, I generally tell them: I am only wearing black until they make something darker.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Minion
        1. You have not been threatened.

2. Too bad. It's a fun day!
        1. Good. Seemed a bit veiled, but I can be paranoid at times.
        2. It's Disneyland. How could it not be fun? Now, have Bats Day at DCA...

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPixie
          I find it amusing, the negativity in this thread towards the gothic sub-culture, it really is. I certainly do not mind when someone disaproves of my appearence or makes a dim witted analysis of what they think the gothic sub-culture is all about. It's hilarious!
          Good, you're amused, you're hilaried. That's what I was going for. Some people get it, some don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Minion
            My infamous blue hair pic was taken on Goth Day.

It's a fun day to play in the park & make some new friends.
            Here's a pic of me & my friends on Goth Day back in August 2004:

Hey! That's me in there!

I've been to the past 3 Bats Day and, other than being a HOT HOT day, it is a blast. But, I'm an Ur-Goth (Goth before there was Goth - ie: aging punk rocker). I may not dress Goth 100% of the time now, but I certainly favor the style.

Comment

I've been sayin I'm gonna do the past three Bat Days and missed every one of them. I think this is my year. Goth type folks, in my experience, are some of the bitchinest, most accepting people about. I even found me a cute little goth chick and tricked her into marrying me. CU all at the park.

Don Jose

"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes......i was like Dude, you haveta wait."

~Mitch Hedberg (RIP Mitch)
              ------------------
              DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
              http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

Goths would be cooler if they lost the umbrellas

Comment

Maybe cut the mouse ears into bat ears.

Comment

ah yes.. bats day

Ive been going since the first one.. damn.. im old.

However.. the most amusing moment for me is the HM group pic from last year being posted on a Christian Website...

I forget what it said and the page is gone now.. but it was pointing out we are evil... or something
                    tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
                    what's reality compared to me
                    I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
                    I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
                    for the fact that I'm a man
                    I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
                    Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
                      I was there last year and didn't know about it. It was so funny to see a bunch of gloomy goths riding it's a small world. That was "Family Guy" quality irony right there folks!
                      GOD I so wanna pic of IASW boaload of gloomy goths!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage
                        GOD I so wanna pic of IASW boaload of gloomy goths!!!!
                        http://www.batsday.net/fant/photos/FL_HDNP1010060.jpg

http://www.batsday.net/fant/photos/F...fter%2Ball.jpg

Comment

[QUOTE=dshimel]http://www.batsday.net/fant/photos/FL_HDNP1010060.jpg

They dont look very gloomy. Well the one on the left does. :lol:

Sorry. I have had a few Goth friends, and thats the LAST place I think that I would find them.

Musta been interesting getting past the metal detectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Matronic
                            Bat day is when all the gothic people come to Dl it was pretty intersting. i ended up talking about rocky horror picture show with one. So i was wondering if you have ever heard of it?

I haven't heard about that!!! I'm part Goth!! I didn't get the Goth memo!!!!
                            Besides, I thought that day was always when HMH opened. In 2002, my aunt & I went that first day-many Goths and Burton fiends. I felt at home in an entirely different way... :lol:
                            My mind won't rest
                            and I don't sleep
                            Not even in my dreams...
                            -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                            written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                            1985-2005

Comment

Originally posted by gibbage
                              Musta been interesting getting past the metal detectors.
                              What metal detectors?

Comment

Wow! I never knew that goth and disneyland would ever mix!
                                "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Comment

Originally posted by DustMeUpTink
                                  you can't judge a book by its cover! a lot of people think so, but just cause we're gothic doesn't mean we don't like to have fun too!!

Comment

Holy cow. A board that celebrates the fun, excitement and adventure inherent in humans and we have people exerting their elitist, self righteous cerebrations.

Goths are humans and that should be enough for acceptance. If one cannot accept then one should closely examine their own reflection. :love:
                                    How much longer will it take
                                    For the world to see.
                                    We should learn to live
                                    And simply let it be.
                                    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Comment

Originally posted by DustMeUpTink
                                      Have you ever seen the line for HMH? There's your proof right there! It's a sea of Goth and Punk kids.

Who says Disney has to remain a prep kind of thing anyway? It's for everyone, whether you're Emo, Goth or otherwise. And if you've been to Hot Topic (don't hurt me) lately, they've been selling Disney-centric merchandise such as 'Disney Couture'.
                                      I lurk.

Comment

Eeek! Sorry, I didn't mean any offense!
                                        "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Comment

Originally posted by Metal God
                                          Holy cow. A board that celebrates the fun, excitement and adventure inherent in humans and we have people exerting their elitist, self righteous cerebrations.
                                          Yeah, I know. Those gothies have to cool off a bit, get off their high-horse. Non-goths are human too, you know.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X