Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there free parking past a certain time?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there free parking past a certain time?

If I wanted to go to disneyland right now, will i have to pay for parking??

Re: Is there free parking past a certain time?

yes....but if you park in DTD you get 3 hours free ...if you validate your parking ticket you get 2 more hours free....however, don't do what I did and stay there all day thinking it was $6.00 for the day...it was $30.00...*ouch* I didn't read the sign fully....with comprehension...LOL

Comment

Just dovetailing on the post above, Downtown Disney parking is the way to go, and after a certain point, they actually move the Downtown Disneyparking over towards the structure...if it's too full. I think I've done that at least once.

Also...I don't think anyone is checking for parking times at the Downtown Disney gates until what....12:00 noon or 1:00 pm? You can park there essentially all morning, but if you go past the 5 hours with validation, it gets expensive real quick.

Comment

One time I when to disneyland late and to Mickey friends parking and there was no one there at the booth. I think was one or Two hour before Closeing.
        AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
        Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
        Older photo
        New Photo

Member of
        MiceChat WDW Trip
        Next trip
        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

i'm with akfandisney on this one. if you go to the park just a couple hours before it closes, there is nobody manning the booths at the mickey and friends parking structure.
          MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Generally, I found it's about three hours before the park closes. They have the cones set up to direct into Chip & Dale (level 1).
            -Monorail Man

Comment

Park at Downtown Disney, drive the car out of the lot before they charge you, and repark ad infinitum. I know someone who does it, and if free parking is important to you, it'll work.

Comment

yep, past a certain time there are a lot of days that you'll find the booths CM-free. both at the structure & timon lot.
                <o>

Comment

sometimes the DTD parking lot next to the hotels (in the rear) is open and theres nobody there...park and leave when you're ready :] (behind the movie theater)

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                    yes....but if you park in DTD you get 3 hours free ...if you validate your parking ticket you get 2 more hours free....however, don't do what I did and stay there all day thinking it was $6.00 for the day...it was $30.00...*ouch* I didn't read the sign fully....with comprehension...LOL
                    :blink:zoinks! It's a good thing that DTD at WDW has free parking.

Comment

You can park in Downtown Disney for free if you park in their lot but do not leave til after midnight. After midnight they stop charging people at the booths and just let the cars leave without paying.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I actually got there an hour before closing (due to an ill-timed flat tire) and there was no one in the booths so I parked in Pinnochio lot for free.

Comment

Originally posted by EmilyStrange
                          Thanks for your responses. I actually got there an hour before closing (due to an ill-timed flat tire) and there was no one in the booths so I parked in Pinnochio lot for free.
                          Is there ever a right-timed flat tire?
                          "I'll be in my bunk...."

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Minion
                            You can park in Downtown Disney for free if you park in their lot but do not leave til after midnight. After midnight they stop charging people at the booths and just let the cars leave without paying.
                            I find that hard to believe... This could be abused...
                            Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
                              I find that hard to believe... This could be abused...
                              I'm trying to figure out the logic behind this method of free parking. Walk to the park from the structure (or take the monorail), wait in line to get in the park, ride 3-4 "attractions" and walk back to the car to move it and go through the whole process again? $10 sure seems to be a better option. It's only $10, not a lot of money to avoid moving and re-moving a car.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X