• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiceMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
    For some reason this picture shows alot more detail:

I like how the letters have a "sun going supernova" texture to them
    Dammit! I'm bummed I missed the sign (I was there on Wednesday) but it still looks AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• DoppelV
    replied
    You know, it does sound funny to say old Tomorrowland, but think about it. In the 1980's we begin to see a trend in Space flight design, at least in the government sector. That trend has not changed, the shuttles still look the same, and I think this new sign complements the "current" space flight feel perfectly. I think its great, it really is a fantastic sign. It will be even better to see what they have in store for the ride itself.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    For some reason this picture shows alot more detail:

I like how the letters have a "sun going supernova" texture to them

Leave a comment:

• grvtydefy
    replied
    Does anybody else find comments like "The old Tomorrowland is back! Yeah!" funny at all? I don't mean funny as in- "why would anybody say that"- I understand that. It just seems like such a contradiction. We are all happy that a land dedicated to the future is looking backwards. It just seems silly. Of course, when the TL of old was so much better, it's easy to see why. That being said, I think I like the OLD Space sign better.

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland Tourist
    replied
    ^Here you go. The old sign wasn't bad, I happened to like the font, but the new one blows the old one out of the water.

Old Space Mountain Sign

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    Does anyone have pics of the old Space Mountain Sign(s) for comparission?

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    80s Tommorowland is coming back KICK !

Leave a comment:

• Eric Dean
    replied
    I thoroughly approve. Now if they'd just bring back the bloody Speedramp already!

Leave a comment:

• J Thaddeus Toad Esq
    replied
    Originally posted by SilentBob66
    Here's a better link for those of us who don't happen to have MouseInfo.com accounts and just want to peek -
    very nice and retro.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied
    Not bad... could be better....

Leave a comment:

• DLRP_bopazot
    replied
    the Space Mountain Sign is very good and also at night . I want a Fiber Optic sign too for my Space Mountain Mission 2 at Disneyland Paris .

Leave a comment:

• AaronInCal
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyfreak
    Sweet, I am sure it even looks better in person. Do the stars twinkle? Does the space mountain text do anything? I personally would of loved to have the space mountain text change colors.
    Yes, the stars in the background do twinkle slightly and look like how real stars look if you look at the night sky. The Space Mountain words are "filled in" with what looks like fiber optic lighting and kinda "shimmers," if that's a proper way to explain that. It looks really good at night. Just in the daytime, it's not very bright at all.. Which maybe they meant for that!

Leave a comment:

• rytheguy
    replied
    Not that I am against the retro style at all, infact I'm quite a fan of it. however, Isn't Space supposed to be re-imagineered for the 21st century?

Leave a comment:

• 100th Dalmation
    replied
    I could do better on my daughters Nite Brite. :devil:

J/K

I think it looks ok. Hopefully thats not a sneek preview of the new effects inside though. :botox:

Leave a comment:

• socal05
    replied
    I must say, I can not believe what a good job they've done on the Tiki room and now this. How they avoided giving it a "current" look and feel and gave us the feeling of the original is AMAZING. Never thought any of the old feel would find it's way back in the park, after TL got the mini-mall brown treatment.

Now if only they'd remove that rotating circuit city next to it and give us a real attraction... :-)

Leave a comment:

• Subgoon
    replied
    Dammit *slams fist on desk*

I was at the park on Wednesday and it wasnt up! Too bad, as that will probably be my last visit to Disneyland for a few years(moving to FL, Ill have to deal with WDW). First, Jungle Cruise closed now this. I just might have to schedule a visit down there for a day in the summer or something.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Sweet, I am sure it even looks better in person. Do the stars twinkle? Does the space mountain text do anything? I personally would of loved to have the space mountain text change colors.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Originally posted by sir clinksalot
    Has anybody, other than the picture taker actually seen the sign in person???

Could this be an April Fools joke?
    I was there last night and saw the sign, it looks great at night at least, never saw in the daytime.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied
    Has anybody, other than the picture taker actually seen the sign in person???

Could this be an April Fools joke?

Leave a comment:

• BugsBunny
    replied
    The sign looks great. Can't wait to step inside and ride the ride!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X