This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cfparkmanager
    The PeopleMover is no more and the track should be removed.

Monorail can be relocated if necesary and Autopia can easily survive the addition of a new attraction. Attractions like the Autopia and Monorail are easy to modify and relocate with minimal expenses. An attraction like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain would be cost prohibitive.
    One... as stated before... the track is too integrated into every building.. (and remember... Buzz didn't destroy it's portion of the track..)

The monorail.. hmm.. Tjhat would be Expensive to remove/repalace... thats a custom track.. not a standard like WDWs.. and on top of that the standard is expensive...

why else did the monorial not move when the Grand californian or DCA get built.... it is expeinsive to move it.... it is easier to find a attraction that can use whats there... then to replace it when their are better options...

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
      One... as stated before... the track is too integrated into every building.. (and remember... Buzz didn't destroy it's portion of the track..)

The monorail.. hmm.. Tjhat would be Expensive to remove/repalace... thats a custom track.. not a standard like WDWs.. and on top of that the standard is expensive...

why else did the monorial not move when the Grand californian or DCA get built.... it is expeinsive to move it.... it is easier to find a attraction that can use whats there... then to replace it when their are better options...
      I completely disagree. They don't have to remove the portions within the buildings. Just the outdoor sections. Demolotion is cheap, you guys have no idea.

Further, the monorail moved when the show building for Indiana Jones was built. The monorail is SIMPLE to move. The supports and track pieces are very easy to construct. Come on... you don't have to be an experienced ride designer or anything special to see the simplicity of this design. A ride like Space Mountain would be $75 million, but to relocate a dozen support poles and extensions of the monorail. Do you see it now... its not comparable, nor expensive, nor hard to do. Monorails are very simple, standard or not standard.

Comment

Didn't some of the monorail teack have to move when DTD was built... how much did it coast to move a "small" chunk of track....

(and dont forget... if you move some.. you may have to get "new" track to connect to the old track...)

Comment

I don't think the monerail moved when the built DTD

but it is true you can manipulate the track a bit without too many problems if you plan it out right

the Monerail wasn't put through DCA because Pressler/Eisner were trying to keep the costs as low as possible
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider
            I don't think the monerail moved when the built DTD

but it is true you can manipulate the track a bit without too many problems if you plan it out right

the Monerail wasn't put through DCA because Pressler/Eisner were trying to keep the costs as low as possible
            It seemed to me that the monerail was closer to the Disneyland Hotel...

I always saw that as a big mistake not bring the MR through DCA... this is more for obvious reasons that it would have "advertised" DCA for those attending DL...
            Check out my other blog:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X